The Education Forum

VIDEO: Boone admits he could not identify CE 139 as rifle he found

From 1986's "On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald".

Dallas Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone admits that when he was shown the rifle in evidence, CE 139, during his WC testimony, he could not identify it as the rifle he found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

Edited by Gil Jesus

Thanks Gil,

I never could understand why he and Weitzman would write and sign affidavits attesting to the specific characteristics of the rifle, when they didn't have to:

if they wrote: "similar to a Mauser bolt action with a scope" they're in the clear.  The exactness/similarity of the way they wrote their statements seems odd as well.

Boone knows who was with him...  Officer Whitman?  Every rabbit hole is just so deep... :cheers

682910210_Boone7.65MauserandWeitzman7.65-BooneAfterdroppingfilmoff.jpg.6c14a0942ce7fdf29c022fba6bb35c4a.jpg

Boone said a newsman, obviously Tom Alyea filmed the Mauser. Where is that film??? I know that Alyea filmed the Carcano. Two rifles would be something Alyea would have talked about at least once in 60 years, but he never did! David Josephs??? Gil Jesus? 

Edited by Denis Morissette

5 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Boone said a newsman, obviously Tom Alyea filmed the Mauser. Where is that film??? I know that Alyea filmed the Carcano. Two rifles would be something Alyea would have talked about at least once in 60 years, but he never did! David Josephs???

IIRC) There was some confiscating going on up on the 6th floor.

Some newsmen/witness had to lower their evidence outside the window & down to the ground.

Edited by Michael Crane

2 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

IIRC) There was some confiscating going on up on the 6th floor.

Some newsmen/witness had to lower their evidence outside the window & down to the ground.

You’re saying that « they » confiscated some Alyea’s film? What do you mean by lowering their evidence?

13 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

From 1986's "On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald".

Dallas Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone admits that when he was shown the rifle in evidence, CE 139, during his WC testimony, he could not identify it as the rifle he found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

Gil Jesus, are you saying that Boone is saying that the rifle shown to him was not the rifle he found?

7 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Gil Jesus, are you saying that Boone is saying that the rifle shown to him was not the rifle he found?

No, I'm saying that during his testimony, he was shown the CE 139 rifle and asked if it was the rifle he found and he could not positively identify it. The video corroborates his testimony. Much of the main evidence against Oswald was never positively identified by the person who found it. This includes the four Tippit shells, the three shells found on the sixth floor, the "stretcher bullet" CE 399, the "tannish-grey" jacket and the C 2766 rifle.

Without these positive identifications, the prosecution's case is weakened because it cannot prove that the items currently in evidence are the same items the witnesses found.

And the fact that all of these same items were also originally described as something else, not only makes positive identification by the finder imperative, it leaves open the possibility that there was evidence tampering by authorities and that the items in evidence may have been substituted for the items originally found.

How do we explain five main pieces of evidence, found in different locations and at different times, and all originally described as something else, not positively identified by the people who found them ?

A coincidence ? Five coincidences ?

No. IMO this is prima facie evidence of tampering by police.

If this case had gone to trial and I were the defense attorney, I'd make a motion to have this "evidence"  dismissed, or at the very least, make the jury aware that the "evidence" could not be identified by the person who allegedly found it.

WC_Vol3_294-boone.gif

"Don't believe the so-called evidence"---- Lee Harvey Oswald

Edited by Gil Jesus

4 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

You’re saying that « they » confiscated some Alyea’s film? What do you mean by lowering their evidence?

My memory is somewhat foggy.

No,what I was trying to imply was that since they were doing some confiscating up on the 6th,that Alyea's film might have gotten snagged.

It was either camera film or movie camera film that was lowered down to safety.

Edited by Michael Crane

13 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Boone said a newsman, obviously Tom Alyea filmed the Mauser. Where is that film??? I know that Alyea filmed the Carcano. Two rifles would be something Alyea would have talked about at least once in 60 years, but he never did! David Josephs??? Gil Jesus? 

I think the point here Denis is that Day holds up a rifle in the Alyea film... and your assumption this is CE139 - when Boone would be referring to the rifle he writes about in his affidavit. Not that there were 2 rifles, but that the 7.65 Mauser he saw was the only rifle filmed/photographed up there.

That CE139 is supposedly provably a 6.5 cal so when they "show" it to Boone and describe it as a 6.5 cal Carcano he gave a politically correct answer.

"It looks like the same rifle. I HAVE NO WAY OF BEING POSITIVE".   

Of course you do Boone.  Ask him "is this the same caliber rifle as what you identified in your affidavit?"

Image on the left is during the Alyea film when Day hold up the rifle to show there is no clip jammed in there - next to it on the left is a closeup of the rifle Day leaves the TSBD carrying showing no caliber stamp, and on the right the only image of a rifle's caliber in the whole of the available evidence.

2000859811_day2showingtheareatheclipejectsfrom.jpg.0547a2e29e0433d9f7b953f53f10cc66.jpg.  774675865_Allen-DayandrifleVERYlargeandclear-coparingCALstamptoTSBDrifle-notthere.jpg.3cf599cca9e7d85f79211ba83675db0c.jpg

4 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

My memory is somewhat foggy.

No,what I was trying to imply was that since they were doing some confiscating up on the 6th,that Alyea's film might have gotten snagged.

It was either camera film or movie camera film that was lowered down to safety.

Maybe? You're making up stuff. Nobody touched his film by the time he threw his film down to his colleague. 

1 hour ago, Denis Morissette said:

Maybe? You're making up stuff. Nobody touched his film by the time he threw his film down to his colleague. 

Nope.

Not making anything up.There was a news reporter or a news cameraman that tossed something out the window.

Keep researching.

Tom Alyea, "Facts and Photos" 
From Connie Kritzberg's Secrets from the Sixth Floor Window, pp. 39-46 

Shortly after we arrived back on the 6th floor, Deputy Eugene Boone located the assassin's rifle almost completely hidden by some overhanging boxes near the stairwell. I filmed it as it was found. In my shot, the figure of Captain Fritz is standing within the enclosure next to the rifle. He knew then that the possibility of a fire fight with the sniper had greatly diminished. He dispatched one of his men to go down and call for the crime lab. About fifteen minutes later, Lt. Day and Studebaker arrived. Still pictures were taken of the positioning of the rifle, then Lt. Day slid it out from its hiding place and held it up for all of us to see. The world has seen my shot of this many times. Lt. Day immediately turned toward the window behind him and started dusting the weapon for fingerprints. Day was still within the enclosure formed by the surrounding boxes. I filmed him lifting prints from the rifle. He lifted them off with scotch tape and placed them on little white cards. When he had finished, he handed the rifle to Captain Fritz. Fritz pulled the bolt back and a live round ejected and landed on the boxes below. Fritz put the cartridge in his pocket. I did not see Fritz pick up anything other than the live round. . . . 
I filmed Captain Fritz talking with associates in this dismantled area [the "sniper's nest"], along with Studebaker, who was dusting the Dr. Pepper bottle which had been brought up to him from the 5th floor. This is all recorded on my film. I never learned if prints were lifted from the pop bottle. I'm not sure if anybody ever asked. 
I took the film from my camera, placed it back into its metal can, wrapped the tape around it, and tossed it to our News Editor, A. J. L'Hoste, who was waiting outside with the other newsmen who were not allowed in the building. A. J. raced it to the television station which was about three blocks away. About fifteen minutes later the world saw the murder weapon, where it was found and pictures of the crime lab people dusting it for fingerprints, and the shell casings that once housed those bullets. They also saw how the assassin prepared for his ambush and the view he had of the killing zone.

Well dooky,

I didn't know that it was Alyea that threw his evidence out the window.

I only heard of stuff being confiscated on the 6th floor so,I said that it could have been his.

Edited by Michael Crane