The Education Forum

Book Review: JFK Assassination by Anthony Rante - published: 2022

I found this book to be interesting because while the author took an 'engineering' approach to the subject, it could just as easily have been worded as a work based upon strict evidence for presentation in a courtroom.

8 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Looks interesting, though it appears they've stopped selling copies on Amazon.

Amazon U.K. have it available in paperback & Kindle.

Ordered & arriving on Friday.

Edited by Pete Mellor
info

The main problem with this book is that it lacks a decent bibliography that meets academic standards, and there isn't an index to search. This book imitates a text book with summaries at the end of each chapter, but it fails to follow academic guidelines. On the other hand it is a quick read that does zero in on key issues using a form of evidential presentation, so I give it an 'okay' and worth putting on a shelf as a means of jogging the memory about things you have read elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I give it an 'okay' and worth putting on a shelf as a means of jogging the memory about things you have read elsewhere.

Well, I had an Amazon gift card so I have only paid £6 for this & Monica Wiesak's 'America's Last President'.

57 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Well, I had an Amazon gift card so I have only paid £6 for this & Monica Wiesak's 'America's Last President'.

You might have overpaid (lol), but maybe not. It will be interesting to read your own review once you have the book in hand.

Also of interest to me, KILLING KENNEDY, not to be confused with the Bill O'Reilly book from a few years back. This new Skyhorse volume came out last November and has positive comments from Oliver Stone, Dick Russell, Mal Hyman and others. It's an interview book and looks quite solid.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Kennedy-Exposing-Cover-Up-Consequences/dp/1510775439/ref=sr_1_3?crid=TUVDCDP5DMSV&keywords=killing+kennedy&qid=1692227617&sprefix=killing+kennedy%2Caps%2C349&sr=8-3

Anthony,  

Please:  Philip Nelson, Peter Janney and Judy Baker?

I won't even list the people he left out to put those three in.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, Mervyn Hagger said:

You might have overpaid (lol), but maybe not. It will be interesting to read your own review once you have the book in hand.

In just over ninety pages + large font text, this 'booklet' is done in just a couple of hours.  'The JFK Assassination-A Technical Review of the Evidence' by Anthony Rante is not worth the money or the reading time.  Perhaps this is aimed at first time readers of the case, but anyone with even basic knowledge of facts will encounter glaring errors. Rante states "While in Mexico City, [Oswald] he allegedly entered the US embassy."  "The president was riding in an open limousine on his way from a main airport (Loves Field)."  When describing the Grassy Knoll & police officer Joe M. Smith he writes, "He was likely the first person to arrive.  The officer dropped his motorcycle near the curb and ran up the hill seconds after the assassination took place."  All these errors in the first chapter and there are many more littering these pages.  I'll be generous, and rate it with one star.  

14 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

In just over ninety pages + large font text, this 'booklet' is done in just a couple of hours.  'The JFK Assassination-A Technical Review of the Evidence' by Anthony Rante is not worth the money or the reading time.  Perhaps this is aimed at first time readers of the case, but anyone with even basic knowledge of facts will encounter glaring errors. Rante states "While in Mexico City, [Oswald] he allegedly entered the US embassy."  "The president was riding in an open limousine on his way from a main airport (Loves Field)."  When describing the Grassy Knoll & police officer Joe M. Smith he writes, "He was likely the first person to arrive.  The officer dropped his motorcycle near the curb and ran up the hill seconds after the assassination took place."  All these errors in the first chapter and there are many more littering these pages.  I'll be generous, and rate it with one star.  

Yes, there is a LOT of rubbish out there and that applies to a LOT of books that get accepted as being credible concerning the murder of JFK, but they are not.

5 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

That's bad.

11 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

That's bad.

Bad. It's not that good Gerry!