The Education Forum

Did the Plotters View RFK's Murder of Marilyn Monroe as Justification for Killing JFK?

On 10/18/2023 at 3:55 AM, Pamela Brown said:

You are right, that the changes that were made were so that Marilyn would photograph perfectly from any angle.  And they were minor changes. You can see in your photo the shadow the end of her nose casts. By making the bulb smalle there is no shadow.  I don't know just what it was about her jaw that needed strengthening...

But it did take Marilyn four hours or more to get ready for any public appearance, so you can imagine there was some taping and spackling going on in the process.  Whatever they did, the end result was incredible...

Have you seen Marilyn in her bit part in All About Eve, with the fabulous Bette Davis (whom I happened to meet)...

Marilyn just stole every scene she was in...

Absolutely true.

There are people who are so physically attractive, when you see their face it just makes you feel good.

In Norma Jean/MM's case that effect was (and still is) so powerful...it's like visual heroin.

To me, MM was and always will be "achingly beautiful."

And yet, what she herself wanted most was probably just simple trusting, protective and stable, even parental type self-worth affirmation love.

Which she seems to have craved and not received in her formative years.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Absolutely true.

There are people who are so physically attractive, when you see their face it just makes you feel good.

In Norma Jean/MM's case that effect was (and still is) so powerful...it's like visual heroin.

To me, MM was and always will be "achingly beautiful."

And yet, what she herself wanted most was probably just simple trusting, protective and stable, even parental type self-worth affirmation love.

Which she seems to have craved and not received in her formative years.

I agree that Marilyn's extraordinary beauty and magnetism was a result of the deprivations in her life as well as the fantastic, though flawed, life she created for herself.  It is that combination, I think, that puts her in a category of her own...

7 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

I agree that Marilyn's extraordinary beauty and magnetism was a result of the deprivations in her life as well as the fantastic, though flawed, life she created for herself.  It is that combination, I think, that puts her in a category of her own...

Pamela, what is your opinion of the letter from Jean Kennedy Smith to Marilyn Monroe?

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Pamela, what is your opinion of the letter from Jean Kennedy Smith to Marilyn Monroe?

What letter?

Can you summarize it's contents?

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

What letter?

Can you summarize it's contents?

Joe, she wrote a letter to Monroe which was auctioned off for big bucks.  Check out what she wrote. I am not avoiding your question.   I just want you to Google it and arrive at your own conclusion without any influence from me.  

3 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Joe, she wrote a letter to Monroe which was auctioned off for big bucks.  Check out what she wrote. I am not avoiding your question.   I just want you to Google it and arrive at your own conclusion without any influence from me.  

That certainly sounds like there's a relationship between RFK and MM when the letter-writer says "Understand that you and Bobby are the new item!"

But the letter was written by RFK's sister, right?

Based on this letter, it seems the whole Kennedy family was friends with Marylin Monroe. They all thought she should come back east with Bobby.

Well that doesn't sound right at all. Bobby's sister thought is was fine that he was having an affair with MM? And that she should come back east with him? I don't think so.

Either this letter was written about a different Bobby, or by a different Jean Smith (not a Kennedy), or that it was a joke about Bobby and Marylin being an item. I vote for the latter.

4 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That certainly sounds like there's a relationship between RFK and MM when the letter-writer says "Understand that you and Bobby are the new item!"

But the letter was written by RFK's sister, right?

Based on this letter, it seems the whole Kennedy family was friends with Marylin Monroe. They all thought she should come back east with Bobby.

Well that doesn't sound right at all. Bobby's sister thought is was fine that he was having an affair with MM? And that she should come back east with him? I don't think so.

Either this letter was written about a different Bobby, or by a different Jean Smith (not a Kennedy), or that it was a joke about Bobby and Marylin being an item. I vote for the latter.

The true intent thrust of the letter is not clear.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Maybe "being an item" meant something different than it did when I first became aware of it, in the 1980s.

Was that comment about MM and Bobby "being an item" a biting accusatory charge...or a more innocent ( if somewhat sarcastic ) joke that suggested the humor of the salacious scandal hungry press perhaps making such a visit into one?

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

As I thought.   People want evidence and when they get it they can’t accept it.   Oh geez lol. 

You can't be serious Cory. Bobby's sister wrote that letter. Read the letter and you will find that not only JFK and RFK know MM, but also their sister and father do! Intimately. Their sister writes, oh hey, I hear that you and Bobby are an item. Bobby should bring you back  East when  he comes!

Come on man!  Bobby's sister wouldn't be cool with him having an affair with MM!

She probably read about the so-called affair in a gossip rag. She was joking with MM about it.

Sheesh indeed!    :clapping

2 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

You can't be serious Cory. Bobby's sister wrote that letter. Read the letter and you will find that not only JFK and RFK know MM, but also their sister and father do! Intimately. Their sister writes, oh hey, I hear that you and Bobby are an item. Bobby should bring you back  East when  he comes!

Come on man!  Bobby's sister wouldn't be cool with him having an affair with MM!

She probably read about the so-called affair in a gossip rag. She was joking with MM about it.

Sheesh indeed!    :clapping

Yes, which gossip rag are you referring to which she could have read?  You cannot find one can you?   It is ok I know the answer    

You assume so much yet discount more.  Again, as Cliff warned me a long time ago, to some JFK did no wrong.    He calls these people fanboys.    

44 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

As I thought.   People want evidence and when they get it they can’t accept it.   Oh geez lol. 

So CS...you are proposing the Smith letter is evidence that Bobby K. and MM had been lovers?

2 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Yes, which gossip rag are you referring to which she could have read?  You cannot find one can you?   It is ok I know the answer    

Of course I can find one. National Enquirer, for example. Or she could have read one of the Hollywood gossip columns.

2 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

You assume so much yet discount more.  Again, as Cliff warned me a long time ago, to some JFK did no wrong.    He calls these people fanboys.  

I'm using my common sense.

For some reason you're susceptible to gossip.

Sandy:

You are  correct on this.

The whole thing about being "an item" was that Bobby did the Twist with MM at his sister's house in Santa Monica in 1962. Ethel Kennedy was there.

RFK called his father at this time, who could neither speak nor walk due to the stroke he had in late 1961.  MM was kind enough to talk to him and later write him a note wishing him well.

Jean Kennedy Smith wrote a note back to MM thanking her for her kindness and noting her and RFK being "an item" due to their dance.

John Siegenthaler later said that he danced with Kim Novak at one those gatherings, but he could assure everyone they were not "an item".

Edited by James DiEugenio