The Education Forum

Billy Lovelady is NOT leaning over (much) in Altgens 6.

10 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

They made a mistake in identifying a guy standing around the TSBD entrance after the police arrived. I don't know who the guy was. He was wearing a plaid shirt. They thought he was Lovelady, but that wasn't him. Lovelady wasn't wearing a plaid shirt that day.

Their narrative included Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady walking down that little road to the railroad yard, because that's what they saw in Wiegman/Darnell. They decided to use that to support their 2nd story encounter narrative. Problem is, that guy walking down the road in a plaid shirt wasn't Lovelady. Again, Lovelady did not wear a plaid shirt that day.

Why do you keep saying Lovelady was not wearing a plaid shirt on Nov 22? Does not the John Martin film of the front of the TSBD clearly show Lovelady standing on the sidewalk in front with a plaid shirt, the same shirt filmed a few minutes earlier in Darnell? (See at Bart Kamp’s Lovelady page at his site.)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Greg Doudna said:

Why do you keep saying Lovelady was not wearing a plaid shirt on Nov 22? Does not the John Martin film of the front of the TSBD clearly show Lovelady standing on the sidewalk in front with a plaid shirt, the same shirt filmed a few minutes earlier in Darnell? (See at Bart Kamp’s Lovelady page at his site.)

http://www.prayer-man.com/tsbd/billy-nolan-lovelady/

3 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

David great version.  
Questions:

Why is the white follow up car back driver side door open?

What in the heck is sticking out of the white follow up car?   Looks like a scene from They Live.  Zoom in.   

Last, what is covered up on the stairs by what appears to be a white rag?

I opened a different topic on this subject

A reminder for anyone who might be interested in what the HSCA said about the "Lovelady in Doorway" matter:

[HSCA Quote On:]

"Based on an assessment of the facial features, the anthropologists determined that the man in the doorway bore a much stronger resemblance to Lovelady than to Oswald. In addition, the photographic analysis of the shirt in the photograph established that it corresponded more closely with the shirt worn that day by Lovelady.

Based on these analyses, the committee concluded that it was highly improbable that the man in the doorway was Oswald and highly probable that he was Lovelady. The committee's belief that the man in the doorway was Lovelady was also supported by an interview with Lovelady in which he affirmed to committee investigators that he was the man in the photograph."

-- HSCA Final Report; Page 58

----------------------------------------

Related Link:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/01/doorway-man.html

Edited by David Von Pein

On 10/14/2023 at 7:40 AM, Jonathan Cohen said:

Of course, there is no "they" and nobody ever drew "a plaid pattern" on anybody in this photo, which went out over the AP wire very shortly after the assassination (as has been discussed here at length). Absolute and total nonsense.

The plaid pattern was drawn in days or weeks after the day the photo was sent out on the AP wire. There were multiple copies of the photo by then, which is the reason that some copies of the photo have the plaid pattern drawn in and others don't.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, Greg Doudna said:

We used to have a great thread on this topic many years ago. My later discovery (of Carl Jones's arm and hand) would have added a lot to it.

In answer to your question....

Lovelady was called in for questioning (in 1964, I think) by the FBI. He was instructed to wear the same shirt that he wore on the day of the assassination. To the surprise of the FBI, he arrived wearing a broad-striped RED and and white shirt:

Photo_wcd457_000.jpg

They were surprised because they were expecting to see him in a plaid shirt. This one:

martinjacketman04vbdmc.jpg?w=720

Problem is, that is not Billy Lovelady. By the time this film was taken, Lovelady was back inside the TSBD. Also, this guy has a spinal condition that can be seen in other frames (that I can't find right now). Billy Lovelady didn't have that condition. As can be seen in a profile-view FBI photo of Lovelady (that I also can't find right now.)

I wish I could find that old thread. It conveniently had all the photos and related topics in it.

Anyway, there are no 11/22/63 photos of Lovelady wearing a plaid shirt. If you zoom in and look carefully at this high-quality copy of Altgens 6, you will even see that there is no plaid in it:

James-Altgens-Photo-HQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The plaid pattern was drawn in days or weeks after the day the photo was sent out on the AP wire. There were multiple copies of the photo by then, which is the reason that some copies of the photo have the plaid pattern drawn in and others don't.

There's no "plaid pattern" drawn in. My goodness.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

martinjacketman04vbdmc.jpg?w=720

Problem is, that is not Billy Lovelady. By the time this film was taken, Lovelady was back inside the TSBD. Also, this guy has a spinal condition that can be seen in other frames (that I can't find right now). Billy Lovelady didn't have that condition. As can be seen in a profile-view FBI photo of Lovelady (that I also can't find right now.)

A "spinal condition" ? What in the world are you talking about? Complete, utter nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Your ignorance of something doesn't make it untrue.

Why not - I'll play along. Besides your own personal interpretations of the Dealey Plaza films and photos, on what are you basing your definitive statement that the person in the photo who you claim isn't Lovelady has "a spinal condition" ?

31 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

There's no "plaid pattern" drawn in. My goodness.

How do you explain the fact that Lovelady's sleeve* in the high-quality photo posted by David has no plaid pattern, and yet other copies of the photo do show plaid there?

*(Most people would say it is Lovelady's sleeve. I say it is Carl Jones's.)

I suggest keeping your thoughts to yourself when you don't know what you're talking about.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

How do you explain the fact that Lovelady's sleeve* in the high-quality photo posted by David has no plaid pattern, and yet other copies of the photo do show plaid there?

*(Most people would say it is Lovelady's sleeve. I say it is Carl Jones's.)

I suggest keeping your thoughts to yourself when you don't know what you're talking about.

I explain it by the fact that you are imagining things.

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

... on what are you basing your definitive statement that the person in the photo who you claim isn't Lovelady has "a spinal condition" ?

That's like asking someone what they base their statement on that a person is tall.

It is self-evident.