The Education Forum

November 14th in Cincy: Jim DiEugenio

Here is the notice, at the Mercantile Library, 6:00 

https://www.mercantilelibrary.com/events/calendar/2023/11/14/jfk60-james-dieugenio

Edited by James DiEugenio

Yes I will be in Pittsburgh for the Wecht conference.

With Landis, Rob Reiner and Newman etc.

What is the AUS?  Are you from down under?

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes I will be in Pittsburgh for the Wecht conference.

With Landis, Rob Reiner and Newman etc.

What is the AUS?  Are you from down under?

America's Untold Stories (with Mark Groubert)

Californian my entire life.

Edited by Michael Crane

I will be in Cincy the day before and then driving into Pittsburgh with Matt Crumpton.

At the Mercantile Library I will be making the case that Oswald could not have been convicted at trial.  In fact the DA would have been routed.

This will partly be from the new book coming out that Matt and I are contributors to.  I will preview that a bit later.

In Pittsburgh, i will be doing a Big Picture presentation that has never been done before in any manner.

How the death of JFK led to the rise of the Neocons.

Edited by James DiEugenio

15 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In Pittsburgh, i will be doing a Big Picture presentation that has never been done before in any manner.

How the death of JFK led to the rise of the Neocons.

Keen to see that presentation. Also worth noting

JFK assassination

RFK assassination

George Wallace assassination attempt

Jimmy Carter assassination warning (the one where the guys arrested were Raymond Lee Harvey and Osvaldo Espinoza Ortiz)

Reagan assassination attempt.

That sequence nominally put George Herbert Walker Bush in the driver's seat, the same guy that announced 'Let her fly!' to the Team B / Neocon groupings that worked in the late 70's to shatter detente. And I get that Reagan came back and Bush Sr later had his own run ins with some of the neocon clique, but in terms of getting the neocons where they wanted to go, a bunch of assassinations and assassination attempts seem to have helped, and those same assassinations not happening would have probably helped them less.

Sandy:

I met Rob a few times when he was working on his docudrama series for cable.

He was going to base that on three books:  Fonzi's, Dick Russell's, and Jim Douglass' book.

So that should give you an idea of where he was headed.  One of the scripts I saw was largely based on Nagell, Russell and Schweiker.

But then that series was dropped and he is now doing  a podcast. Which I think begins in a coupel of weeks. I have not seen any of the scripts for that.