The Education Forum

Melancholy

Ron Bulman

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Why is it even necessary to bring up this kind of tawdry stuff here at this forum?

What purpose does it serve?

I've held this same view for my entire adult life. 

And I consider myself one of the most respectful, defending and hugely promoting fans of JFK/Jackie and their legacy image of classiness, sophistication, physical attractiveness, moral decency, populist virtue, and on and on and on.

My wife happened to catch this odd article mention of the Jackie incident.

If true, it was something so incongruous to the over-all romantic JFK/Jackie historical story I felt a nagging curiosity to verify it's provenance. 

I'm going to edit my post mentioning the incident out of respect for the forum's integrity, but I'm at a point in my life where I can handle and maybe even discuss the "full truth" of people's lives ( who I have considered heroic in their over-all lifetime achievements) without fearing it is blasphemous for me to do so.

JFK and Jackie were just people like the rest of us in their private lives. Of course they had their own struggles and stresses. I can handle reading about and maybe even mentioning a few of them once in a great while, without feeling guilty about it.

I do see the point however that discussion of such stories ( which many consider gossip/dirt ) are probably best relegated to venues like the National Enquirer? My apologies to the forum.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic