The Education Forum

Article: Why Allen Dulles Killed the Kennedys

Yes, LBJ listened to Youngblood's walkie-talkie.  He knew by then what was happening.  He had to so he wouldn't flip out.  As per the thread title, I wonder if Dulles spoke with LBJ a week, maybe two before the assassination.  Not much more than that, I don't think Dulles would have trusted him on a leash any longer.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

There WAS a dispute between Kennedy, the Fed and Wall Street.

One of the best book ever written about Kennedy illustrates this, Battling Wall Street by Don Gibson.

Kennedy's agent against them was James Saxon.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/james-saxon-and-john-kennedy-vs-wall-street

See Russ Baker excerpt below.

I wonder how those Texas oil barons who were Lyndon Johnson's best friends would react to the views of Walter Heller who wanted to "murder them?" I am particularly thinking of D.H. Byrd who had deep and longstanding personal friendships to people in the military and U.S. intelligence who hated JFK and well as a personal friendship with Lyndon Johnson, the greatest Kennedy-hater of all time.

Secondly, how would H.L. Hunt think about all Heller stuff? Hunt was already privately making death threats to the Kennedys. It is a fact that H.L. Hunt made a visit to LBJ's hotel suite at the 1960 Democratic convention in Dallas.

How would Clint Murchison, Sr. (still alive and kicking in 1963, even shooting doves with John McCloy down in Mexico in summer 1963) - I would what he would think about Walter Heller wanting to "murder" his oil profits. Mae Newman, who was a maid at the Murchisons, said that the Murchison family celebrated for a week after the death of JFK.

D.H. Byrd, also a military contractor who made a mint off of the Vietnam War, H.L. Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr - these men, along Texas power broker Ed Clark were all close personal friends with Lyndon Johnson and they all hated the Kennedys. I wonder how they would react to the Kennedys being about to destroy their decades long investment in cash cow Lyndon Johnson who made them so much money and saved them so much taxes.

I wonder what George Brown, LBJ's sugar daddy with Halliburton, Brown and Root, thought about what was going on. What would these men do to protect their wealth and status? Kellogg Brown and Root minted money off of the Vietnam War.

John Kennedy to Walter Heller about the oil industry: “Those robbing bastards, I’m going to murder them.”

Russ Baker:

Kennedy was locked in grim battle with oil and steel and banking interests, hated by mining giants and soda pop companies, resisting pressures from the burgeoning defense industry, and on and on. The list of the offending and the aggrieved was endless. Executives were taking out ads to excoriate him, and even showing up at the White House to practically spit in his face. Those robbing bastards,” JFK told Walter Heller, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, when Heller mentioned the oil and gas industry. “I’m going to murder them.”as cited in Family of Secrets, from audiotape held by John F. Kennedy Library and Museum - See more at:

http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/06/29/carlyle-groups-latest-acquisition-the-jfk-library/

Edited by Robert Morrow

12 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

And you can find quotes by the Kennedys saying that JFK did not have Addison's Disease, too, which, btw, Lyndon Johnson's team of John Connally and India Edwards (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_Edwards) were pounding Kennedy with at the 1960 Democratic convention.

John Kennedy, big fat liar that he was, was making public comments in the fall of 1963 that he was going to keep LBJ on the Democratic ticket at the very same time he had unleashed Robert Kennedy to enact a "destroy LBJ" program of coordinated national media exposes into LBJ's epic corruption of massive kickbacks and bribes. James Wagenvoord of LIFE magazine confirmed that Robert Kennedy was behind this. I once asked Wagenvoord, how did you know it was RFK who was sending you all the LBJ dirt and Wagenvoord said that a JUSTICE DEPARTMENT LAWYER had been sent to Life with a large dossier of dirt on LBJ.

Robert Kennedy, of course, ran the Justice Department.

Senate GOP counsel Burkett van Kirk, interviewed by Seymour Hersh and others, confirmed that RFK had sent a JUSTICE DEPARTMENT LAWYER up to the Republicans on Capitol Hill with a dossier on LBJ that was delivered to GOP members of the Senate Rules Committee, who the Kennedys were urging to take down Lyndon Johnson.

And the of course AFTER the JFK assassination, Robert Kennedy, big fat liar that he was, denied, and other RFK aides denied, that the Kennedys were going to dump Johnson. Oh, but Evelyn Lincoln knew better and she in her book let everyone what was going to happen to Johnson. Evelyn Lincoln, like Jackie Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy and Robert Kennedy and Jackie's Mom Janet Auchincloss, was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination.

The reason Robert Kennedy and his aides denied that the Kennedys were going to drop the completely hated Johnson was that they thought it would negatively affect RFK's future presidential prospects. This is the same reason Jackie and Robert Kennedy went to war with their author William Manchester: because his book contained much material, gotten from the Kennedys themselves, that was very negative about Lyndon Johnson. The Kennedys were worried that this might make them look spiteful or like sore losers. The hard reality of it was the Kennedys in their guts KNEW Lyndon Johnson had murdered JFK but they did not have the 100% goods to go public and say that.

In the fall of 1963, Lyndon Johnson was acutely aware of and highly agitated about the Kennedys' ongoing attempt to destroy him - just ask LBJ aides George Reedy, Horace Busby and John Connally who have all confirmed this.

Mere days before the JFK assassination, Robert Kennedy's friends gave him an LBJ voodoo doll for his 38th birthday (RFK born on 11/20/1925). But you gotta be careful: if you stick pins in LBJ, he might stick BULLETS in you!

Let me further add, the #1 cause of the JFK assassination was the Kennedys absolute war with Lyndon Johnson; it was not because (primarily) of some sort of JFK "move to peace" that the military and CIA looked unkindly on. I do think that Gen. Edward Lansdale was enraged over the death of Diem, which he would have blamed JFK, and that some anti-Castro Cubans who killed JFK were angry over no Kennedy invasion of Cuba.

Did Johnson root out the Kennedy loyalists in the Justice Dept. who leaked damaging info on him?

I wonder if the Texas trip would have even happened if it was planned to dump LBJ. JFK was politically savvy enough have had to write off Texas in 1964 and conclude there was no use trying to save it. The 1964 election would not be the landslide it was as more pragmatic Republicans would have had a much better chance of getting the nomination and the Democrats might not carry many of the Southern states they did in 1960.

Again, it’s hard to believe that LBJ would give up the presidency after taking such a big gamble on assassinating his predecessor, particularly when his number one challenger was RFK who would presumably expose LBJ’s responsibility once in office.

How did the anti-Castro Cubans benefit from the removal of JFK?

By the way, I dislike LBJ to put it mildly, but I don’t see enough evidence he was personally or knowingly involved in the assassination.

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

There WAS a dispute between Kennedy, the Fed and Wall Street.

One of the best book ever written about Kennedy illustrates this, Battling Wall Street by Don Gibson.

Kennedy's agent against them was James Saxon.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/james-saxon-and-john-kennedy-vs-wall-street

I haven’t read “Battling Wall Street” but I did read Don Gibson’s “The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up” which had an interesting account of how the Warren Commission came to be. In Chapter 3 of Gibson’s account, Eugene Rostow contacted Bill Moyers within hours of Oswald’s death recommending a commission appointed by the president to officially investigate the assassination. Rostow told Moyers he had already suggested the idea to Katzenbach but had doubts Katzenbach would pass it on.

The K&K article is consistent with JFK’s remarks regarding tax and fiscal policy in an interview with Huntley and Brinkley in September, 1963.

For whatever reasons such as security in not having both the president and vice president in the same car during the Dallas motorcade, it surely irked LBJ to be riding two cars back in a plain light blue Lincoln versus JFK's flashy, flag adorned and impressively big black limo.

Hundreds of thousands lined the motorcade route and in many of the most crowded areas thousands of bystanders went crazy smiling, waving, snapping pictures and calling out to JFK and Jackie. All eyes were on JFK and Jackie. Even after they passed.

LBJ with his huge ego must have felt humiliated when even people close to his car on the parade route were still staring down towards the Presidential limo. No cheering, smiling, waving and excited picture taking for him and Lady Bird. 

JFK's and Jackie's physical presence popularity was off the charts. They were like rock stars wherever they went, even in Texas. Women swooning, men gawking amorously at the beautiful young Jackie, children excited too.

Nobody gave a hoot about the big oaf looking guy always trailing behind them.

LBJ was always consumed with jealousy about the movie star looks JFK I am sure. In every way. Including JFK's wealthy and privileged birth right versus his own plain hick town one.

JFK and Jackie's pictures were splashed on hundreds if not thousands of popular culture magazine covers all over the world ( Europe especially ) their entire 1,000 days of presidential term. They were rock star level beautiful people icons unlike anything the world had ever seen before them.

LBJ and Bird? No interest at all. Not even when he was president. 

America was still in shock over the JFK assassination when the 1964 election came to pass. There was still great apprehension and even fear to a degree. LBJ had managed to portray himself as a JFK and JFK policy defender and this unsure view of him as somebody more nefarious just didn't take hold. I think the huge LBJ vote win in 64 was more a JFK sympathy and status quo fear vote than anything else.

LBJ getting the civil rights bill passed in early July of 1964, with a huge orchestrated fan fare event with Martin Luther King himself right behind LBJ when he signed it also guaranteed millions of black votes in the November election.

JFK and RFK were so hated by so many in this country to a murder wishing degree back in November of 63 it doesn't take much research to understand why these people celebrated JFK's brutal slaughter.

Powerful JFK haters:

Organized crime, segregationists, Texas oil, former Intel leaders fired by JFK, highest level former covert ops and even military mercenary types over the Bay Of Pigs, hot headed Cubans, J. Edgar Hoover, miffed top military generals and on and on.

JFK hate was so deep and widespread right here in our own country, it's rational to consider any or all of them as potential suspects in his murder.

I do believe LBJ's years of heavy money crooked dealings would have been exposed had he not assumed the presidency. Sooner or later. Bobby Baker, Billy Sol Estes, Kick backs everywhere and for years...all of it would have come to light. So, I am in the camp that believes LBJ and his mentors and backers had to make sure the Kennedy's would be out of the picture before the S*** hit the fan in that regards.

Edited by Joe Bauer