The Education Forum

Feedback to Forum Tips & Tricks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

In the upper-right corner of the forum window is your photo and name. Click on your name and a popup window will appear. Click on My Attachments.

You will now see a list of photos you've uploaded and to the right of each photo is the post you attached the photo to.

Find the photo you want to delete. Then click the name of the thread (on the right) where you attached the photo.

This will open a new window and, if you wait a few seconds, your browser should automatically go to the post where that photo is attached. (In my case, I often need scroll down a little. That's due to a flaw in my version of FireFox.)

Click the Edit link for the post where the photo is attached, just as you would to edit any post. At the bottom of the editor window you will see a thumbnail copy of the photo that is attached. In the corner of the thumbnail you will see a tiny trash can icon. Click this to remove the photo from your allotted attachment space. Click Save to save your change.

Sandy,

Thank you.

Steve Thomas

On 4/13/2018 at 2:56 AM, Michael Clark said:

Thanks Sandy,

One problem that still arises is that the edit button is not offered for posts which are in closed threads.

Michael,

I wish I were in such a situation myself so I could see if I could find a workaround. However, I doubt there is a workaround that can be done without the involvement of Admin.

I suggest you ask a member of Admin to open the thread just long enough for you to delete your photo(s).

Hi Sandy,

Thanks, but I am not concerned about it. I was posting that so other members would be aware of that issue. With the limited forum-hosted picture space it best to just not use it. If pictures are an important part of your post you would want them to remain and not disappear the next time you need to post a picture somewhere else.

Thanks again,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

In the upper-right corner of the forum window is your photo and name. Click on your name and a popup window will appear. Click on My Attachments.

You will now see a list of photos you've uploaded and to the right of each photo is the post you attached the photo to.

Find the photo you want to delete. Then click the name of the thread (on the right) where you attached the photo.

This will open a new window and, if you wait a few seconds, your browser should automatically go to the post where that photo is attached. (In my case, I often need scroll down a little. That's due to a flaw in my version of FireFox.)

Click the Edit link for the post where the photo is attached, just as you would to edit any post. At the bottom of the editor window you will see a thumbnail copy of the photo that is attached. In the corner of the thumbnail you will see a tiny trash can icon. Click this to remove the photo from your allotted attachment space. Click Save to save your change.

Thank you Sandy. I followed your instructions and they worked perfectly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

What if many of the images are locked in a closed thread?

I cannot free up space by deleting these since I can't edit the posts...   ???

Either more space for attachments... or let me deleting old stuff from threads and email which are locked...

Thanks

DJ

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Share a document from Adobe cloud with no account.

I am using an IPad. I saved one of Bart’s PDF’s to the iPad Books app. I saved that PDF from Books to the Adobe Reader app (free).

Open the Adobe Reader PDF. Click share (box with up arrow). Click “Get Link”. Click “Copy Link”. An IPad options window will open. Click “Copy”.

You can now paste a link that will open that document from the Adobe cloud, with no account. 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A29263e3b-6fd5-463b-ab94-f6aeeeedca98

Edited by Michael Clark

On 4/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Hi Sandy, perhaps you would consider changing the name of this thread to “Forum Tips and Tricks” or something else that is generic with regard to general assistance.

Cheers

Mike

• 6 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 12:52 PM, Michael Clark said:

Hi Sandy, perhaps you would consider changing the name of this thread to “Forum Tips and Tricks” or something else that is generic with regard to general assistance.

Cheers

Mike

Good idea. I'm working on it.

• 3 months later...