The Education Forum

Tip O'Neill: FBI Pressured JFK aides to Change Testimony

( BTW, tactics like this are not used in a normal criminal investigation )

Former House Speaker "Tip" O'Neill tells of a conversation he had with JFK aides Ken O'Donnell and Dave Powers about their testimony.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, Gil Jesus said:

( BTW, tactics like this are not used in a normal criminal investigation )

Former House Speaker "Tip" O'Neill tells of a conversation he had with JFK aides Ken O'Donnell and Dave Powers about their testimony.

That's right. O'Donnell believed shots, or at least audible gunshot sounds, had been fired from the GK. 

Beyond dispute, many earwitnesses placed audible gunshots as coming from the GK.

In addition, many witnesses (including law enforcement officers and veterans) smelled gunsmoke in DP, in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA. 

Others placed gunshots as coming from the TSBD.

Of course, you can have audible gunshots coming from both locations, thus creating confusion.  There may have been other gunshots, from weapons using silencers. 

The WC was glib in condensing this welter of witness accounts into "LHO did it alone." 

Pretty Damning.  The FBI told them what to say, and they said it.  This is the speaker of the House, and he never did anything about it.

11 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Pretty Damning.  The FBI told them what to say, and they said it.  This is the speaker of the House, and he never did anything about it.

I can't think of anyone in the entire DC establishment who "did anything" about it (the false JFKA establishment narrative) up to and including people running DC presently, who have actively suppressed JFK Records. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Powerful people in Washington can commit crimes and nothing is done about it, even today.

Edited by Gil Jesus

This is a very important damning account from two witnesses in the motorcade, and in my view strongly supports the assertion that there were shots fired from in front of presidential limousine.

That's right. O'Donnell believed shots, or at least audible gunshot sounds, had been fired from the GK. 

Beyond dispute, many earwitnesses placed audible gunshots as coming from the GK.

In addition, many witnesses (including law enforcement officers and veterans) smelled gunsmoke in DP, in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA. 

Of course, you can have audible gunshots coming from both locations, thus creating confusion.  There may have been other gunshots, from weapons using silencers. 

-----------

I have read that the primary concern of a sniper is exfiltration after firing.  The GK is very exposed to DP.

Wouldn't an experienced planner/sniper want to have an accomplice plant a few squibs on the GN to make smoke and sound, to distract the crowd? There is evidence that the CIA used squibs in Saigon to redirect attention during Buddhist protests.

Wouldn't an experienced planner/sniper want to use the advantages of height and concealment offered by the buildings behind the limousine?  We do have evidence of James Tague's injury and testimony.

What evidence do we have for assuming that the sounds and smells from the GN came from a firearm?

Joel G

Key members of JFK’s inner circle, Dave Powers and Kenny O’Donnell believed that shots came from behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll and they told this to Tip O’Neil, a former Speaker of the House from Massachusetts

Here's a paragraph from that article printed in the September 15, 2004 issue of Salon.com  featuring David Talbot

https://www.salon.com/2004/09/15/warren/

Bobby was not the only member of President Kennedy's inner circle who believed there was a conspiracy. Presidential aides Kenny O'Donnell and Dave Powers, key members of JFK's Irish Mafia, were in a trailing limousine in the Dallas motorcade. Both of them later told House Speaker Tip O'Neill that they heard two shots from behind the fence on the grassy knoll. "That's not what you told the Warren Commission," a stunned O'Neill replied, according to his 1989 memoir, "Man of the House. "You're right," O'Donnell said. "I told the FBI what I had heard, but they said it couldn't have happened that way and that I must have been imagining things." So not wanting to "stir up more pain and trouble for the family," O'Donnell told the commission what the FBI wanted him to.

UNQUOTE

Web link: http://mtracy9.tripod.com/talbot.htm - David Talbot’s “The Mother of All Cover-Ups”

Edited by Robert Morrow

46 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Why the need for the same quote twice?  Or the huge bright blue headline?

I took out the repetitive material. Often in my JFK file I summarize the information nugget with a blue "headline."

20 hours ago, Joel D. Gruhn said:

In addition, many witnesses (including law enforcement officers and veterans) smelled gunsmoke in DP, in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA. 

-----------

I have read that the primary concern of a sniper is exfiltration after firing.  The GK is very exposed to DP.

Wouldn't an experienced planner/sniper want to have an accomplice plant a few squibs on the GN to make smoke and sound, to distract the crowd? There is evidence that the CIA used squibs in Saigon to redirect attention during Buddhist protests.

Wouldn't an experienced planner/sniper want to use the advantages of height and concealment offered by the buildings behind the limousine?  We do have evidence of James Tague's injury and testimony.

What evidence do we have for assuming that the sounds and smells from the GN came from a firearm?

Joel G

JDG--Exactly! IMHO, you have struck paydirt. 

I ginned this up a few years back. I might improve on it a bit, but by and large, still holds water. 

On 4/5/2024 at 3:25 PM, Joel D. Gruhn said:

-----------

Joel G

Presumably you accept that it doesn't matter whether the grassy knoll activity was related to one or more shots being fired from there or a diversion. Either way, it's proof of a conspiracy.