The Education Forum

Involvement of the Secret Service

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Pretty daring to willingly drive a car into an ambush, wouldn’t you say?

Yes, I'd agree.  But I don't think that happened.  If he was told to slow down, I don't think he was told JFK would be assassinated in the car with him.  I'm not supporting this idea but as a possibility some have speculated Oswald was told he would be taking a minor behind the scenes part in a protest, or an actual security test (see Vince, Survivors Guilt).  I guess something like that could have been told to Greer. 

In spite of my often pessimism I've always been on the fence on this one.  After reading Pat's post earlier about Greer's statements they do seem logical.  He rounded the way more than 45 degree turn from Houston onto Elm almost hitting the far curb at what 5 mph?  Then straightening out after the curve to the left from the intersection he sees the men on the railroad overpass, a violation of SS protocol and hesitates, lets off the gas.  Then he hears a shot(s)/loud noise/commotion in the back seat, taps the brake (you can see the brake light in one of the pictures) as he turns to see what is happening/If JFK's ok.  Exactly what he should not have done per his training and experience.

What's bugged me for a long time is why (as I've read) the limo was only going 12 mph when Greer apparently let off the gas, then (as evidenced) tapped the brakes.

Protocol was ignored in Dealy Plaza in so many instances it is ridiculous.  45 degree turn from Main onto Houston, more than 45 onto Elm, at least 2 unsecured tall buildings, one with open windows.  Men on the railroad overpass.

After he turned onto Elm crowds were thinning out, Greer should have hit the gas heading toward the underpass.

But I wasn't there, IDK for sure.  It does all still seem a bit suspicious.

I haven't looked close,but I don't see a reason that Greer should have hit the brakes (besides windshield shot)

Maybe it's possible that he seen Clint Hill in the rear view mirror and let him get in?

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

I haven't looked close,but I don't see a reason that Greer should have hit the brakes (besides windshield shot)

Maybe it's possible that he seen Clint Hill in the rear view mirror and let him get in?

I don’t know of anyone who recognized the windshield damage until the limo reached Parkland Hospital.

Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe any bullets strike any portion of the car or ricochet in any way during the course of the shooting? 
Mr. GREER. No, sir; I did not. 

Greer never mentions Clint Hill in his testimony.

Why Dallas?  Why were SS protocols ignored there of all places.   If anyone should have known it was the city they should have had their strongest presence in place it would be the SS.  JFK was advised by some friends not to go there, if they though it dangerous would you think the SS might consider it so?

They knew LBJ and Ladybird had been accosted there in the 1960 campaign, and, that UN Ambassador Adali Stevenson had been spat upon and hit with a placard in a recent visit.  They knew Dallas Morning News owner/editor had called JFK a man on a tricycle when the US needed a man on a horse to his face in front of other owners/editors at the Whitehouse, and that he ran personal extremely derogatory editorials against the President.  They knew about the Dallas Petroleum Club and the oil depletion allowance and more.

Why a decrease in security in likely the potentially most dangerous city in the US to the President.

You can watch Vince's videos.  They did put marksmen and spotters on top of tall buildings in other parades.  They did bring in military troops to face the crowds and observe them and buildings along parade routes.  The latter was ready to go for Dallas but turned down that morning. 

Somebody at, or near the top was cooperating (with approval from above/others). 

9 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

I don’t know of anyone who recognized the windshield damage until the limo reached Parkland Hospital.

Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe any bullets strike any portion of the car or ricochet in any way during the course of the shooting? 

Greer never mentions Clint Hill in his testimony.

The 'Pinocchio effect': If you don't tell the truth, your ...

It's my opinion that Greer noticed the windshield and the chrome strip bullet strike.The windshield might not have made much noise,but is a visual,and the chrome strip is something that you would hear.

Thanks for your input Kevin.That must have taken some time to look up.

4 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

The 'Pinocchio effect': If you don't tell the truth, your ...

It's my opinion that Greer noticed the windshield and the chrome strip bullet strike.The windshield might not have made much noise,but is a visual,and the chrome strip is something that you would hear.

Thanks for your input Kevin.That must have taken some time to look up.

Noticing either limo damage (I was not sure I was actually driving further into an ambush) or Clint Hill (Hill was the only one that could assist Mrs. Kennedy from getting hurt from further shots or falling off the limo) would have been somewhat exculpatory for Greer.

When the bullet reached the chrome strip, it could have been muffled by the sound of the muzzle blast or the shock wave.

17 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

And yet, Kellerman, sitting not even two feet from him, describes "a flurry of shells" coming into the limosene.

1 hour ago, Paul Bacon said:

And yet, Kellerman, sitting not even two feet from him, describes "a flurry of shells" coming into the limosene.

To be fair, Greer did have to actually drive the car which would have occupied much of his attention.

Kellerman was apparently the first to notice the damage to the chrome strip and that wasn’t until a few days later.

Representative FORD. You were the first one to find this indentation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I believe I am the first one who noticed this thing up on the bar. 
Representative FORD. That is what I meant. 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir. 
Representative FORD. You are the first one to notice this particular indentation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; I believe I am, sir. 
Representative FORD. All right. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have occasion to examine the windshield or the framework closely before the assassination, either in Dallas or in Washington? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No; I honestly didn't. 

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Why Dallas?  Why were SS protocols ignored there of all places.   If anyone should have known it was the city they should have had their strongest presence in place it would be the SS.  JFK was advised by some friends not to go there, if they though it dangerous would you think the SS might consider it so?

They knew LBJ and Ladybird had been accosted there in the 1960 campaign, and, that UN Ambassador Adali Stevenson had been spat upon and hit with a placard in a recent visit.  They knew Dallas Morning News owner/editor had called JFK a man on a tricycle when the US needed a man on a horse to his face in front of other owners/editors at the Whitehouse, and that he ran personal extremely derogatory editorials against the President.  They knew about the Dallas Petroleum Club and the oil depletion allowance and more.

Why a decrease in security in likely the potentially most dangerous city in the US to the President.

You can watch Vince's videos.  They did put marksmen and spotters on top of tall buildings in other parades.  They did bring in military troops to face the crowds and observe them and buildings along parade routes.  The latter was ready to go for Dallas but turned down that morning. 

Gerald Blaine and the Kennedy Detail - Was the Secret Service 'Stood Down' in Dallas? — Puppet Masters — Sott.net

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

@Vince Palamara Vince Palamara's contributions to the study of the Secret Service detail for President John F. Kennedy will be remembered throughout history. His work has secured him a place in history books that people will read for centuries, if not millennia, to come.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:23 PM, Vince Palamara said:

This was a crime.  The Secret Service ignored federal law.  Someone should have been held accountable.