The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination Records Act Discussion

16 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Cliff never misses a chance with you, but I do agree that Trump won’t do it either. 

I call 'em like I see 'em.  Before Jim (thankfully) put me on ignore he accused me of having a sinister "agenda" every time I disagreed with him about anything.

His apparent endorsement of Trump's candidacy over the JFK files is blinkered.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Robert Reeves said:

The attempts to shame anyone posting anything related to Trump and the JFK assassination on here are pathetic. Childish, overemotional drivel. 

Bump!

1 hour ago, Robert Reeves said:

The attempts to shame anyone posting anything related to Trump and the JFK assassination on here are pathetic. Childish, overemotional drivel. 

Any attempt to put Trump above criticism on this issue is incredibly wrong-headed.

"He now chimes in on what can be done in the presidential campaign to make this an issue. Which is should be."

How is that not a rationale for MAGA fascism?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

12 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Any attempt to put Trump above criticism on this issue is incredibly wrong-headed.

"He now chimes in on what can be done in the presidential campaign to make this an issue. Which is should be."

Cliff, how you said the beginning of what Robert said in a childish way..

Pretty funny!

13 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Respectfully ... I prefer it when you stick your neck on the block and go with your convictions regarding the assassination, several theories of which I agree with you on. This MAGA stuff is always a distraction. 

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Trading release of the JFK files for a Christian Fascist dictatorship isn't such a hot deal, is it?

I agree Cliff, that's a terrible deal. Even if it were guaranteed the JFK record would be released if Trump were elected, I'd still vote against him. There's just too much damage he could do to our democracy and who knows what else.

RFK has no chance, so I skipped reading that part, lols, Sounds like it's Trump or Bust for the JFK files. Pretty funny that researchers are more worried about our Democracy and made up Operation Mocking Bird Boogie men like Christian Nationalism aka Dark Ultra MAGA Fascism. (Also, pretty funny) 

(From the Trump part of the article) to get us back on topic: 

If Trump is elected again, he can explain what he experienced in October 2017. He can explain what he told Judge Andrew Napolitano and why. He can explain why felt that he had no choice under last minute pressure from agencies in October 2017 (and again in 2018), including pressure from the CIA.

During this upcoming campaign Trump can explain how he received faulty legal advice from the DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel at the eleventh hour in making his decisions on the JFK Records, which he did. Trump can obtain an objective and clinical legal analysis demonstrating how the JFK Records Act was intended (by Congress) to operate. Trump can declare with confidence, after receiving competent and objective legal counsel, that the JFK Act was NOT intended for the President--30 years after the passage of the JFK Act--to rewrite the law with a presidential pen. Trump would surely attempt to embarrass Biden regarding his more recent orders, but the issue does not change.

Trump can acknowledge and endorse the recent Tucker Carlson reporting. Trump can pledge to rescind and reverse ALL of Biden’s executive orders on this historical issue. Trump can pledge to issue a new executive order requiring all agencies and NARA to immediately comply with provisions of the JFK Records Act that require an unclassified identification of each assassination record still withheld and why each record should still be withheld today under the standards of the JFK Act. Trump can establish a reasonable deadline for agencies and NARA to complete this ministerial work for the remaining Protected Collection. It could be 6 months, it could be 9 months. But no more arbitrary extensions or delays. Trump could then make a final and independent Presidential decision after receiving this required information from the agencies. And that decision must relate to an identifiable harm as currently posed by a specific record(s).

What else could Trump do? He could acknowledge Jefferson Morley’s efforts and the serious problem with George Joannides. It is now undisputed that Joannides ran a CIA anti-Castro operation that was connected to Lee Harvey Oswald. It is now clear that Joannides stonewalled the HSCA in a clandestine CIA operation determined to maintain secrecy on the CIA anti-Castro operations, no matter the cost. Trump may not go there, but the history on Joannides is clearly one of the reasons why the CIA is determined to maintain secrecy in the remaining Protected Collection.

Edited by Matthew Koch

13 minutes ago, Robert Reeves said:

Respectfully ... I prefer it when you stick your neck on the block and go with your convictions regarding the assassination, several theories of which I agree with you on. This MAGA stuff is always a distraction. 

Respectfully, I didn't bring the subject up.

From the K&K article:

<quote on, emphasis added>

So what is a different path to achieving full transparency and declassification on the JFK records? The path is clear and actually quite simple. It does not matter which President takes this path. It could be Trump, Biden or another candidate running in 2024. It would be more difficult for Biden because he would literally have to do a full pivot, reverse his recent Executive orders, come up with plausible reasons for doing so, and then instruct agencies (and his own Executive team) to follow the JFK Act and be accountable for that task. Trump’s path is difficult but less difficult, and I will explain why. Any President, however, can successfully overcome the continued disturbing trend of secrecy regarding the JFK assassination records, and look like a strong and decisive U.S. President while doing so.

If Trump is elected again, he can explain what he experienced in October 2017. He can explain what he told Judge Andrew Napolitano and why. He can explain why felt that he had no choice under last minute pressure from agencies in October 2017 (and again in 2018), including pressure from the CIA.

During this upcoming campaign Trump can explain how he received faulty legal advice from the DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel at the eleventh hour in making his decisions on the JFK Records, which he did. Trump can obtain an objective and clinical legal analysis demonstrating how the JFK Records Act was intended (by Congress) to operate. Trump can declare with confidence, after receiving competent and objective legal counsel, that the JFK Act was NOT intended for the President--30 years after the passage of the JFK Act--to rewrite the law with a presidential pen. Trump would surely attempt to embarrass Biden regarding his more recent orders, but the issue does not change.

Trump can acknowledge and endorse the recent Tucker Carlson reporting. Trump can pledge to rescind and reverse ALL of Biden’s executive orders on this historical issue. Trump can pledge to issue a new executive order requiring all agencies and NARA to immediately comply with provisions of the JFK Records Act that require an unclassified identification of each assassination record still withheld and why each record should still be withheld today under the standards of the JFK Act. Trump can establish a reasonable deadline for agencies and NARA to complete this ministerial work for the remaining Protected Collection. It could be 6 months, it could be 9 months. But no more arbitrary extensions or delays. Trump could then make a final and independent Presidential decision after receiving this required information from the agencies. And that decision must relate to an identifiable harm as currently posed by a specific record(s).

<quote off>

Mark Adamczyk vastly over-estimates Trump's capabilities.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-looks-at-charts-in-intelligence-briefings-2020-5

Trump doesn't read his intelligence reports, but looks at the graphs, charts, and tables

<quote on>

President Donald Trump often struggles to focus during his intelligence briefings and frequently ignores information he disagrees with, The New York Times reported Thursday, citing 10 current and former intelligence officials familiar with the briefings.

The coronavirus pandemic has only exacerbated the problem, The Times reported. For instance, Trump has blamed a January 23 intelligence briefing for not adequately warning him of the threat the virus posed, even though he was also warned by a bevy of other sources, including epidemiologists, national security officials, biodefense officials, and his own health secretary.

Last month, the Washington Post reported that Trump was warned about the coronavirus threat in more than a dozen intelligence briefings throughout January and February, which were written in the President's Daily Brief, a classified report Trump is given each morning.

But officials told The Times that Trump does not read the written intelligence reports he is given, though he does look at visuals such as graphs, charts, tables, and satellite images. Instead, Trump reportedly prefers to receive information from conservative media and friends. <quote off>

5 years later Trump got sharper?

1 minute ago, Matthew Koch said:

RFK has no chance, so I skipped reading that part, lols, Sounds like it's Trump or Bust for the JFK files. Pretty funny that researchers are more worried about our Democracy and made up Operation Mocking Bird Boogie men like Christian Nationalist aka Dark Ultra MAGA Fascism. (Also, pretty funny) 

Trump openly runs on instituting a dictatorship.

Real funny.

5 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-looks-at-charts-in-intelligence-briefings-2020-5

Trump doesn't read his intelligence reports, but looks at the graphs, charts, and tables

<quote on>

President Donald Trump often struggles to focus during his intelligence briefings and frequently ignores information he disagrees with, The New York Times reported Thursday, citing 10 current and former intelligence officials familiar with the briefings.

The coronavirus pandemic has only exacerbated the problem, The Times reported. For instance, Trump has blamed a January 23 intelligence briefing for not adequately warning him of the threat the virus posed, even though he was also warned by a bevy of other sources, including epidemiologists, national security officials, biodefense officials, and his own health secretary.

Last month, the Washington Post reported that Trump was warned about the coronavirus threat in more than a dozen intelligence briefings throughout January and February, which were written in the President's Daily Brief, a classified report Trump is given each morning.

But officials told The Times that Trump does not read the written intelligence reports he is given, though he does look at visuals such as graphs, charts, tables, and satellite images. Instead, Trump reportedly prefers to receive information from conservative media and friends. <quote off>

5 years later Trump got sharper?

Stay on topic, Please. 

Buisness insider is the source? As the guy you voted for would say: "COME on Man???  alkjdl;kajdf; a"

Edited by Matthew Koch

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Trump openly runs on instituting a dictatorship.

Real funny.

It is reallyfunny because the "dictator" let people vote him out of office!

Cliff, Stick to what you are good at; T3 polemics 

Edited by Matthew Koch

13 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Stay on topic, Please. 

Buisness insider is the source? As the guy you voted for would say: "COME on Man???  alkjdl;kajdf; a"

Trump's inability to process information is THE topic.

12 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

It is reallyfunny because the "dictator" let people vote him out of office!

Not without a fight.  I guess you were out of the country for January 6, 2021.

He's been indicated on four felonies for not letting the people peacefully vote him out. 

47 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I agree Cliff, that's a terrible deal. Even if it were guaranteed the JFK record would be released if Trump were elected, I'd still vote against him. There's just too much damage he could do to our democracy and who knows what else.

“A republic, if you can keep it.”

--Benjamin Franklin's response to Elizabeth Willing Powel's question: "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?"

In 2024 we run a serious risk of NOT "keeping it."