The Education Forum

Apparent assassination attempt on Trump

Man Shot in the Head and Killed at Trump Rally Tracy, who was close to the incident, describes what happened: “Somebody got popped, somebody got killed, somebody died. Somebody got shot this close to where we were. Those bullets. I pray to God for these people's families. Oh, my God. But how is this happening in our country today? And why? Why is it happening?”

https://x.com/i/status/1812289438786912431

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Karl Kinaski said:

Meanwhile some sickos on X; GSagB37WEAEXzC-?format=jpg&name=medium

People are prone to imitate what they hate -- these two hate the guy who drew laughs mocking Paul Pelosi.

Be careful how one hates...

No Warren commission or Jan 6th Committee, please ...

US House of Representatives’ committee to hold hearing on Trump’s assassination attempt

Former "President Donald Trump survived an assassination attempt," with at least one bystander dead, the legislator said

WASHINGTON, July 14. /TASS/. The Committee on Oversight and Accountability of the House of Representatives of the US Congress will hold a hearing as part of an investigation into the assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump on July 22, with Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle invited, according to a letter by chairman of the committee James Comer (Kentucky Republican) posted on the X social media platform (formerly Twitter).

Former "President Donald Trump survived an assassination attempt," with at least one bystander dead, the legislator said. "The tremendous bravery of the individual United States Secret Service agents who protected President Trump, eliminated the gunman, and possibly averted more loss of life cannot be overstated," he noted.

"The Committee on Oversight and Accountability has initiated an investigation into today’s assassination attempt on President Trump and requests your voluntary appearance at a full Committee hearing on July 22, 2024," Comer said in a letter addressed to Cheatle. The House of Representatives is currently controlled by Republicans.

The US Secret Service is responsible for protecting top officials of the state, presidential candidates and former American leaders.

There was a shooting at a rally of Trump in Pennsylvania on Saturday. The Republican was wounded. According to recent reports, he is safe, the injury was minor - the bullet pierced his right ear. The shooter was killed by members of the US Secret Service.

The Republican National Committee has stressed that its convention in Milwaukee, which was set to open on Monday and was expected to nominate Trump as its presidential candidate in the November election, would not be canceled or postponed. Trump will attend the convention, the committee confirmed.

Fine.  I am not second this paragraph: "The tremendous bravery of the individual United States Secret Service agents who protected President Trump, eliminated the gunman, and possibly averted more loss of life cannot be overstated" ....

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Man Shot in the Head and Killed at Trump Rally Tracy, who was close to the incident, describes what happened: “Somebody got popped, somebody got killed, somebody died. Somebody got shot this close to where we were. Those bullets. I pray to God for these people's families. Oh, my God. But how is this happening in our country today?

Today??  How about every day.  Trump bragged to the NRA he "did nothing" on gun violence.

For all the good folk throwing around the phrase "political violence" please be aware Trump was attacked by a super-patriot probably to his Right.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

The deep state has done everything to Trump but kill him. It no longer has to hire and train assassins, as it did in the last century. All it needs to do today is to is have its allies in the media and its political leaders influence weak minds. When you have the President of the United States saying that MAGA Republicans are the greatest threat to the security of the country, you can expect results such as this.

Political hatred killed JFK, the same political hatred that fired at Donald Trump last night, fueled by a media that has lied about and attacked him since he came down the stairs at Trump Tower in 2016. Chet Huntley tried to warn us about this influence by the media in 1963. His words ring true 61 years later.

Some FACTS for Mr. Varnell and the other anti-Trumpers: remember these calls for violence against Trump and his followers ?

https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/trump-violence.mp4

Please show us where there was a call for violence against Joe Biden. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat but I know why this shooting occurred last night. There are plenty of nuts out there being influenced by what they see on TV to commit acts of violence. For anyone to think that this guy was a Trump supporter shooting at Trump makes no sense at all.

Edited by Gil Jesus

2 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Some FACTS for Mr. Varnell and the other anti-Trumpers: remember these ?

What does this have to do with a 20 year old Republican super-patriot gun nut shooting at Trump?

Quote from UnHerd.com

Emily Jashinsky

JULY 14, 2024  

“I was 10 years old when my uncle was assassinated and I remember it like it was yesterday,” said Robert F. Kennedy Jr on Fox News, hours after a bullet skimmed the side of Donald Trump’s head. Kennedy recalled the days after that tragedy in 1963. “There was a healing that took place,” he said.

Not five years later, Kennedy’s father lost his life at the hands of an assassin, just months after the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Andy Warhol took a bullet the day before. More than half a century later, the Smithsonian describes 1968 as “the year that shattered America”.

Anti-war protests rocked campuses. Democrats planned to convene in Chicago. A man named Robert F. Kennedy was on the ballot. It may seem like we’ve been here before, but what if we never actually left?

Donald Trump and Joe Biden were both in their twenties during the year that “shattered” America. On cable news, RFK Jr shared memories of his father’s assassination only hours after yesterday’s attempt on Trump’s life. We’re at the bookend of the Baby Boom generation.

“It may seem like we’ve been here before, but what if we never actually left?”

In 1967, the year before America “shattered”, Joan Didion famously opened “Slouching Towards Bethlehem” with a placid description of the national mood. “It was not a country in open revolution. It was not a country under enemy siege,” she wrote. “It was the United States of America in the year 1967, and the market was steady and the GNP high, and a great many articulate people seemed to have a sense of high social purpose, and it might have been a year of brave hopes and national promise, but it was not, and more and more people had the uneasy apprehension that it was not.”

That apprehension turned out to be well-placed, and we’d be wise to consider the similarities: superficial comforts and cultural unrest. We’re not okay, regardless of the GNP.

More than half a century of high-tech liberalism, with all its idealism and material comforts, has only masked — and sometimes exacerbated — our age-old struggle against human nature. In an instant, personal grievances can become global ones, not merely confined to one community or another. A single evil person in Sandy Hook or Memphis can immediately make their insanity the whole country’s business, thrusting us into bitter debates about cities we’ll never visit with people we’ll never meet.

It’s shocking to see Biden cling to power in the face of his decline. It’s shocking to see Trump, bloodied by a bullet, walk off his sun-soaked stage with a fist in the air. It shocks us because we expect something different.

The year 1968 forged the two Baby Boomers now vying for the Oval Office, as well as the thousands donating to their candidacies and still controlling the C-Suites. On days like this it feels like the wound of that year was bandaged but never healed.

5 minutes ago, Karl Kinaski said:

One thing is for sure: It is as if fate has provided the best iconographic Campaign picture ever ...

GSZqqa0WUAEi0GR?format=jpg&name=large

Karl, I think this may end up giving him a bigger victory. People like me are getting fed up with this anti-Trump BS.

Edited by Gil Jesus

5 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Karl, I think this may end up giving him a bigger victory. People are getting fed up with this anti-Trump BS.

The anti-Trump BS coming from 20 year old small town white boys who wear a shirt in their high school yearbook with Mt. Rushmore superimposed on the stars and stripes, and then wear a T-shirt advertising a right wing gun website while shooting at a right wing politician?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

15 minutes ago, Karl Kinaski said:

One thing is for sure: It is as if fate has provided the best iconographic Campaign picture ever ...

GSZqqa0WUAEi0GR?format=jpg&name=large

Shows how stupid he is.  Shots ring out, he gets hit, then he insists on standing in the open.

"Wait!  Wait!  Wait!"  Trump endangered not only his life but the lives of the SS detail by holding them up for a photo op.

Iconic or moronic?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

@ Cliff Varnell   

Are you sad that this sicko who climbed that roof undisturbed (like Ruby got into the basement undisturbed) despite seen by several bystanders who alerted the police who did nothing, that this sicko missed his target? And how do you know that murderer is a right winger? Have you already a manifesto in your possession? Your last postings tell me something about you as a human being. 

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

The deep state has done everything to Trump but kill him. It no longer has to hire and train assassins, as it did in the last century. All it needs to do today is to is have its allies in the media and its political leaders influence weak minds. When you have the President of the United States saying that MAGA Republicans are the greatest threat to the security of the country, you can expect results such as this.

Political hatred killed JFK, the same political hatred that fired at Donald Trump last night, fueled by a media that has lied about and attacked him since he came down the stairs at Trump Tower in 2016. Chet Huntley tried to warn us about this influence by the media in 1963. His words ring true 61 years later.

GJ-

I agree with you that there has been an Operation Mockingbird and weaponized government investigations against Trump, from even before he won in 2016.  The Russiagate vapors, and the Jan. 6 miasma are bookends. 

The CIA hardly made any secret that they loathed, detested and reviled Trump. 

I believe this whether or not I concur with Trump's policies, or whether I think he has personality flaws. Trump may have even violated some campaign laws, though we should wait for a jury finding on that. 

Here is what people don't get: You don't have to let partisan biases color what you think is probable or possible. 

I was not a Nixon fan. But the Watergate story is likely one of the Deep State putting torpedoes into Nixon, leveraging partisan animosities. (D-Party controlled Congress.)

The Deep State, I strongly suspect, wanted JFK and RKF1 out.  

I have not researched it much, but the way President Carter was Op Mocked out of office, and the Iran-Contra fandango, suggest Carter was also a Deep State victim. 

GJ--I very much enjoy your contributions to the EF-JFKA, even when I disagree with your views. That is what a forum is for---to see other views. 

I think you may be correct regarding this election. Trump's defiant fist-pump to the crowd after having the top of his ear shot off, and missing death by one inch, is one for the ages. 

Until now, I thought Biden/D-Party would win with their absentee ballot-harvesting strategy, which they strengthened in 2020. 

But the image of the fist-pumping Trump vs. the doddering Biden is...well, hard to overcome. And I am an old guy, inclined to forgive elders. 

I love that woman ... 

Harry Sisson@ harryjsisson 7h The Trump shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, was a registered Republican and voted in the 2022 midterms. Anyone who claimed this was a “crazy lib

Megyn Kelly

@megynkelly 50m

Are you an idiot? No one gives a damn if he was a registered Republican or Dem or Green Party member. He just tried to assassinate President Trump.

Edited by Karl Kinaski