The Education Forum

Deletion of valid JFKA thread by mods

Gerry Down

I recently started a thread titled:

Lee Harvey Oswald vs Thomas Matthew Crooks

This was a thread designed to see if we could learn anything new about Oswald psyche by comparing his actions with another would-be assassin, Thomas Matthew Crooks.

The thread has now been merged into another thread titled "Trump assassination Attempt" and hidden away on the political forum, destroying the effort to get a conversation going on this specific area of study.

The contents of the thread clearly upset one of the Ed Forums CTer mods who want to view TMC as a lone nut because he was a registered Republican while viewing Oswald as a patsy because he was left wing, therefore any comparison between the two cannot be allowed to be seen on the forum.

If areas of study into the JFK assassination are being hidden like this because they upset certain mods views, it doesn't bode well for the future of the forum.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think most threads on the TRUMP NON-ASSASSINATION should be in the JFK Assassination discussion forum.

They should be moved to Political Topics or Water Cooler.

I do think people should be able to reference the Trump NON-ASSASSINATION but I don't know about a whole thread on it.

I do not think that threads should be deleted but rather moved which this one was.

24 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

do not think that threads should be deleted but rather moved which this one was.

It wasn't moved. It was merged into another thread that is currently 23 pages long, on the political discussion side of the forum which most serious JFKA researchers have no interest in visiting.

Might as well have taken a few shovels of manure and buried the topic, where it will be never seen again.

It may not be a mod "conspiracy."   I started the first thread on the Trump assassination - comparing it to JFKA in making the point that JFKA had a more organized feel to it.   Unfortunately the thread got completely hijacked by folks making (silly) political points.   I actually asked the mods to move my thread to political discussions.

I didn't catch your thread but maybe the mods just (quite reasonably) decided anything Trump related can't avoid politics.

Edited by K K Lane

1 hour ago, K K Lane said:

I didn't catch your thread but maybe the mods just *quite reasonably) decided anything Trump related can't avoid politics.

Who cares if a discussion goes a little political. One can just scroll through the political comments and go to the useful comments being made on the main topic of the thread being made by respectful commenters.

The JFKA is about politics. Why was JFK in Dallas to even begin with? - politics.

9 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

It wasn't moved. It was merged into another thread that is currently 23 pages long, on the political discussion side of the forum which most serious JFKA researchers have no interest in visiting.

Might as well have taken a few shovels of manure and buried the topic, where it will be never seen again.

I would have moved the whole thread over to the political discussion area and kept it intact. That is just me.

Way too many threads are post on the JFK Education forum that are completely off topic, not that I think yours was.

9 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Btw, instead of focusing on the similarities between Lee Harvey Oswald and the Trump near assassin (I don't even know his name!), I prefer to focus on the similarities of Lyndon Johnson and Donald Trump - both of who I classify as "malignantly narcissistic criminal psychopaths and pathological liars."

But that is just me and my "opinion."

2 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

I would have moved the whole thread over to the political discussion area and kept it intact. That is just me.

Way too many threads are post on the JFK Education forum that are completely off topic, not that I think yours was.

Totally agree.

12 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

I recently started a thread titled:

Lee Harvey Oswald vs Thomas Matthew Crooks

This was a thread designed to see if we could learn anything new about Oswald psyche by comparing his actions with another would-be assassin, Thomas Matthew Crooks.

The thread has now been merged into another thread titled "Trump assassination Attempt" and hidden away on the political forum, destroying the effort to get a conversation going on this specific area of study.

The contents of the thread clearly upset one of the Ed Forums CTer mods who want to view TMC as a lone nut because he was a registered Republican while viewing Oswald as a patsy because he was left wing, therefore any comparison between the two cannot be allowed to be seen on the forum.

If areas of study into the JFK assassination are being hidden like this because they upset certain mods views, it doesn't bode well for the future of the forum.

This is a bit disingenuous, Gerry.

Aren't you the guy who joked yesterday that Crooks' work as a dietary aid in a nursing home was a good cover for a Deep State asset-- after I pointed out the marked dissimilarities between Oswald-- the ex-Marine and CIA false defector-- and young Mr. Crooks?

As for comparing Donald Trump to JFK, I suppose it's no less absurd than Trump comparing himself to Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and Jesus.

But, as a rule, we tend to take history more seriously than that here on the Education Forum.

This isn't 4Chan, X-Twitter, or Truth Social.

Edited by W. Niederhut

56 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Aren't you the guy who joked yesterday that Crooks' work as a dietary aid in a nursing home was a good cover for a Deep State asset-- after I pointed out the marked dissimilarities between Oswald-- the ex-Marine and CIA false defector-- and young Mr. Crooks?

A bit of light-hearted banter. That not allowed on the forum now either?

9 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

A bit of light-hearted banter. That not allowed on the forum now either?

Nothing wrong with light-hearted banter, but my comment about the differences between Oswald and Crooks was a serious critique of your thesis.

I pointed out, in the same critique, that Crooks fits the profile of many mass shooters in the U.S.-- a white male loner, bullied at school, from a conservative household with a large collection of guns.

2 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Nothing wrong with light-hearted banter, but my comment about the differences between Oswald and Crooks was a serious critique of your thesis.

I pointed out, in the same critique, that Crooks fits the profile of many mass shooters in the U.S.-- a white male loner, bullied at school, from a conservative household with a large collection of guns.

Critiques are welcome. I would like for everyone to see your critique. But now they wont see it because your critique has been merged into a 23 page thread (my thread was only 3 pages long at the time it was removed) on a distant forum with no connection to the JFK assassination. 

A covert form of deletion. 

6 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Critiques are welcome. I would like for everyone to see your critique. But now they wont see it because your critique has been merged into a 23 page thread (my thread was only 3 pages long at the time it was removed) on a distant forum with no connection to the JFK assassination. 

A covert form of deletion. 

I agree with Gerry.  Moving threads to forums like politics is a covert form of censorship to all the members except those who frequent that other forum.  I suspect a lot of members don't go to the politics forum, myself included.  Something is lost if the thread being moved has any relevance to understanding the murder.

In previous discussions about moving, I suggested the criterion for moving a thread should be exactly that.  Move a thread only if it lacks relevance. To no response by the mods.

I also suggested that if they think a thread *also* belongs in, say, politics, paste it to there.  But leave it here.  Again no response.

Can I now get a mod or two (how many are there, and who are they?) to now respond to the points I make here?