The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These past few days have been busy. I have a lot of catching up to do on the news. I haven't had the time to watch the VP debate or to dig into the Jack Smith filing today.

The polls are all over the place and hard to read. It seems to still be a tight race overall. But Texas is still an object of pure fascination for me. Some polls have had Colin Allred up over Ted Cruz by a point, and last I checked Texas was "leans Republican" in the presidential race. I wonder how Cruz's and Trump's numbers compare, and if/how one is influencing the other.

2 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

These past few days have been busy. I have a lot of catching up to do on the news. I haven't had the time to watch the VP debate or to dig into the Jack Smith filing today.

The polls are all over the place and hard to read. It seems to still be a tight race overall. But Texas is still an object of pure fascination for me. Some polls have had Colin Allred up over Ted Cruz by a point, and last I checked Texas was "leans Republican" in the presidential race. I wonder how Cruz's and Trump's numbers compare, and if/how one is influencing the other.

Ron Bulman knows a lot more about Texas politics than I do, but my understanding is that Ted Cruz has long been bankrolled by Texas oil billionaires.

He'll probably flood the airwaves with Big Oil-funded commercials during the next four weeks.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Karl Kinaski said:

WHAT A LOSER ... 

What a LIAR.

The FCC is "an independent U.S. government agency overseen by Congress".

1 hour ago, Karl Kinaski said:

Natalie F Danelishen on X

@Chesschick01

Elon Musk: FCC Put Lives in Danger by Not Awarding Funds to Starlink

Musk suggests that FCC funding would've allowed it to help more people after Hurricane Helene, but the FCC says that money wouldn't have been available until after 2025.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/elon-musk-fcc-put-lives-in-danger-by-not-awarding-funds-to-starlink

Breaking news-- Now JD Vance is claiming that Trump actually won the 2020 election!  

Meanwhile, Kevin Drum posted this precise, tongue-in-cheek summary of Vance's slick debate lies yesterday.

The sweet, reasonable deceit of J.D. Vance

J.D. Vance is a slicker, glibber liar than Donald Trump—a low bar—but in the end he's no less deceitful. He made himself look like a reasonable guy last night, but only by misstating things at almost every turn. A few examples:

1. Climate change is "weird science," and the way to fight it is to make everything in America.
  2. Harris has fought new oil and gas production.

blog_oil_gas-1.jpg Both oil and gas production have gone up every single year of the Biden/Harris administration.
  3. Ha ha, we're not really going to deport 25 million illegal immigrants. Just a million criminals, and then just make it harder for them to work.
  4. And maybe we'll split up families, maybe not. Let's move on.
  5. I've never supported a national ban on abortion.
  6. Gas, groceries and housing are unaffordable now.

blog_prices_wages.jpg Wages for ordinary blue-collar workers have increased faster than prices under the Biden/Harris administration. Nothing is unaffordable.
  7. Illegal immigration causes soaring housing prices.
  8. Donald Trump rescued Obamacare and did everything he could to improve it.
  9. We're going to protect people with preexisting conditions.
  10. Everyone protests elections. Donald Trump relinquished power peacefully.
  11. No, it's not clear that Joe Biden really won the 2020 election.