The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Walz allowed the chaos, and the aftermath, which is ongoing...

The lesser of two evils between the policies of a bleeding-heart Liberal and a weak Conservative...

My opinion, and it makes sense to me...

J.D. Vance Explains Trump’s ‘Concept of a Plan’

September 17, 2024 at 9:27 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 

Jonathan Chait: “Donald Trump infamously said at the presidential debate he had the ‘concept of a plan’ to replace Obamacare. As is often the case when Trump commits verbal self-harm, it fell to J.D. Vance to turn his car wreck of a statement into an intelligible position.”

“What Vance came up with is not only surprising but, if understood properly, far more damaging than Trump’s original statement. The Trump plan, according to Vance, is to permit insurance companies to discriminate against people with preexisting conditions.”

Brian Beutler: Vance lets slip: He and Trump are coming for your health care.

5 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

IMO, Walz allowed the chaos, and the aftermath, which is ongoing...

The lesser of two evils between the policies of a bleeding-heart Liberal and a weak Conservative...

My opinion, and it makes sense to me...

So, you did vote for Walz in 2022.

And now, since you're so very concerned about crime, you're going to vote for a felon.

Makes sense to you.

11 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

So, you did vote for Walz in 2022.

And now, since you're so very concerned about crime, you're going to vote for a felon.

Makes sense to you.

Never trust a bleeding-heart liberal, Denny.

They're the loony libtards who created Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare.

They also wrote the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and joined the Paris Climate Accords to try to mitigate climate change.  They're coming for our incandescent lightbulbs and gas leaf blowers.

Talk about evil!

And that loony libtard, Tim Walz, passed reforms to prevent racist white policemen from murdering black guys like George Floyd in cold blood.

Meanwhile, Haitians are eating cats and dogs, thanks to the loony, childless, libtard cat ladies.

We need to Make America Great Again by rounding up dark-skinned people from sh*thole countries, and cutting more taxes for billionaires.

See posts by Paul Rigby, Karl Kinaski, and John Cotter for full details.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

But the black and brown people, Danny! They're black! And they're brown! Plus I was told THEY'RE EATING THE PETS

4b850c01477d29cf94df2de3071557a9458d5b06

I did not vote for Walz in 2022.  And because you are comfortable making a false claim about a matter that is private in the first place, Denny, I am putting you on ignore. 

Edited by Pamela Brown

This week there are murders in the encampments in a previously quiet neighborhood in Minneapolis.  The police chief and the mayor are concerned.  But why are there encampments?   Why are the rights of those housed in this neighborhood being abrogated in favor of those who do not want to go into the shelter system? 

Edited by Pamela Brown

3 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

This week there are murders in the encampments in a previously quiet neighborhood in Minneapolis.  The police chief and the mayor are concerned.  But why are there encampments?   Why are the rights of those housed in this neighborhood being abrogated in favor of those who do not want to go into the shelter system? 

Pamela,

I was the Medical Director of a University of Colorado project to place homeless mentally ill people in stable housing here in Denver back in the mid-90s.  It worked, but the city had to spend the money to hire intensive case managers.  (They were forced by a court order, following a class action lawsuit.)

The problem of homelessness in the U.S. has worsened during the past 30 years, since our UCHSC project.

Part of the homelessness problem is related to the historic increase in U.S. wealth inequality resulting from Republican tax cuts for the wealthiest 1%-- in 2001, 2003, and 2017-- which have resulted in wealthy people buying residential property and raising rents for the working poor.  Many poor people are earning sufficient wages to afford rents.

Meanwhile, I noticed that you completely avoided commenting on the detailed article I posted (above) about Tim Walz's truly stellar tenure as Governor of Minnesota, and his recent public statement about Trump's tax cuts for billionaires.

Any thoughts about this one?

bb43e9a11efba100bea3f562eb67d2962b8f5bdd

Edited by W. Niederhut