The Education Forum

DiEugenio Discusses the Latest Posthumous Assassination Attempt on JFK

James DiEugenio has recently published a new essay about Maureen Callahan's 2024 hit job on the Kennedy family, Ask Not.

The essay covers a lot of important background information about Sy Hersh, et.al., and the "Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy."

Trashing the Kennedys: Ad Infinitum (substack.com)

P.S. I noticed that Jim didn't explore such historically important Maureen Callahan subjects as Aristotle Onassis's pre-nuptial sex contract with Jackie.  🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

LOL,  😜nice one William.  That one is as important as the Peace Speech.

I have to add something here.  As anyone who reads this can tell, I reference Don McGovern on it more than once.

Bill Kelly once criticized me on this point for using what he called a "failed book".

Well, I guess Posner's book is something I should have used a lot more since it sold well over 100,000 copies.  And I guess none of my books are worth quoting since they did not sell anywhere close to that?

Whew.  I guess I should have used Norman Mailer/Larry Schiller on Monroe then? That sold about a million copies.  But its pretty much worthless.  And Mailer more or less admitted that.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Its really curious to speculate about those Kelly/Callahan interviews.

And why the podcaster decided to promote such a bad book.

On Black Op Radio this week, I devoted about a half hour to the subject.

Any lawyer, which Kelly was, could have sliced and diced this book.  But Kelly chose not to.

I speculate a bit as to why.

So, Carmen remembered 20 or more years later she had an affair with JFK herself and used to go skinny dipping with Marilyn and Bobby.  That she lived next door to her but in reality lived several blocks away?    And Kelly through Callahan just ate this up, swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

That last line sums up her credulity well.

Kelly more resembles a carnival barker at the door of the MAGA Universe sideshow.

• 3 weeks later...

Maureen Callahan on the RFK, Jr./Olivia Nuzzi brouhaha: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13886409/RFK-Jr-affair-Olivia-Nuzzi-MAUREEN-CALLAHAN.html

My take on Robert Kennedy, Jr.'s sexual behavior (supposedly this affair with Nuzzi was non sexual): he gets it from his father RFK, his uncle JFK and his Joe Kennedy, Sr..

RFK, Jr. is in "destroy Olivia Nuzzi" mode right now and it is disgusting to watch (not endorsing her behavior).

Edited by Robert Morrow

Maureen Callahan is a real MSM hatchet lady.

She uses this to go after Kamala Harris. Of all people.

Whew.  

BTW, its really something to examine how the MSM herniates itself on this topic.

If you recall, when Sy Hersh fell on his face with the whole Monroe trust document piece of malarkey,  ABC had already purchased the rights to his POS book.  Without testing the documents.  Peter Jennings said something like it was not fair to blame Hersh for this lack.

😱

Just recall, Hersh was advised by two people that the document was a fraud already due to two false signatures on it.  And he would not pay for testing himself even though he got a huge advance.

So what was Jennings talking about?

What did Peter do next?  Two things which he thought would save face for ABC and Hersh.

First, on a segment of ABC Nightly New--you read that right--he put together a motley crew of witnesses to somehow show that JFK did have an affair with MM.   Not true Petey.  And your witnesses, like the "mayor of Hollywood", were in no position to make statements on the subject. 

Secondly, he decided to go further and put together a special for the 40th, and he went to Hersh's assistant Gus Russo to be his lead investigator.  This is where Dale M. announced his whole pile of excrement about The Single Bullet Fact.  One of the lowest pieces of TV journalism ever on the JFK case.  But good ole Gus also included people like Hugh A and Priscilla Johnson.

Callahan has taken up where Hersh left off.  And the sponsoring of her career on this shows that the MSM simply cannot handle either the facts of the JFK and RFK murders, or what they stood for.  Plus how radically the world was changed after.

Callahan lives by the sordidness of what the msm has become.  Which is a nightmare.  

Another Seymour Hersch hit piece from JIm, but now it includes Maureen Callahan and Megyn Kelly?  I was going to let this thread go.

So the presumption of this thread is this red herring pushed now for many years by JIm di that started out stating the MSM was out to get the Kennedy's. It's a total sham, Whatever the MSM is allegedly doing to besmirch the Kennedys , the Kennedy family was still the best brand in politics, and that's never changed.  IMO in reality, it only adds to a mystique.

But it completely ignores the elephant in the room, the one Kennedy that has done the most to poison the Kennedy name is Robert Kennedy's Jr.'s candidacy. Which was a joke from the beginning. But now he's turned against the family party affiliation. Most all of his family recognize  he has tarnished his family name and made it harder for their future generations.

None of his ardent supporters here are capable of acknowledging this. They can read this piece and not even consider that.

It's Jim who needs sainthood for JFK. Jim has spent hundreds of hours trying to check and recheck schedules to disprove JFK had any affair with Marilyn Monroe. I'm not sure, did I recall more recently he's backpedaled a little on that and has now conceded that JFK and MM might have been alone in a room together for 15 minutes?     heh heh     I thought I heard that. Maybe I'm wrong. He probably should have just let it go. People have whatever opinion they're going to have about JFK's alleged womanizing. Trying to rebrand JFK as some saint actually trivializes him and the time he lived through.

Jim Di: "Even though any intelligent, objective person could discern that Slatzer was a prevaricator, both Anthony Summers in the eighties and Donald Wolfe in the nineties profusely used him as a reference. To anyone who has read the many  exposes about Slatzer, this is both inexplicable and inexcusable!

In her book, Ask Not, Callahan does not use the Castro angle. But she does use the Monroe angle.  And she references Hersh, Summers and Wolfe.  She even sourced the late David Heymann. Which is actually kind of shocking.  Because Heymann has been exposed as a fraudster almost as many times as Slatzer has. Which, I guess, shows that Callahan is an equal opportunity employer in this regard."

This speaks to something else though. There are often 2 sets of authors on both sides of these issues, and if you're not going to thoroughly read both sides and just blindly accept one persons opinion of which author's are right. How accurate will that be ultimately? But of course that's what is done all the time. 

I look at the whole thing, I don't buy these worst scenarios where the Kennedy's are directly behind MM's death. But given JFK's background, his life and times, rich, charismatic, intelligent, good looking. Why in the world wouldn't he be a womanizer? At least he hasn't ever been accused of being a rapist.                                         As far as Bobby, that doesn't make  much sense to me.  Certainly not a womanizer.  But it's not critical to me. Who am I to say?