The Education Forum

Lee Bowers Rush to Judgement Transcript--"no accomplices" behind the wooden fence, and a bit about the 3 tramps

On 9/5/2024 at 7:13 PM, Denise Hazelwood said:

On my website, I have published three pages the transcript of Lee Bowers' original interview with Mark Lane for the Rush to Judgement film, which I acquired from the Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research. (The transcript is available for $12.50 plus tax.) 

Page 8 of the transcript contains the pertinent information about "no accomplices" behind the picket fence--no "badge man" and no spotter. But of course, that didn't fit with the narrative Mark Lane wanted to tell of a shooter behind the fence, so it was edited out!! Shame on them!!

On page 8, Bowers says, "Now I could see back or the South side of the wooden fence in the area, so that obviously that there was no one there who could have--uh -- had anything to do with either -- as accomplices or anything else because there was no one there...um... at the moment that the shots were fired."

Pages 9-10 contains information about the "three tramps," whom Bowers describes as "three winos" who were taken out of a boxcar of the train. It's fairly obvious that the three tramps/winos had nothing to do with the assassination.

You can check out the pages from the transcript and learn how to receive your own copy, if you want it, on my website at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/lee-bowers-transcript.html . 

Of course, the shooter of the "fatal head shot" wasn't behind the wooden fence; he was in front of the fence, in the follow-up car on the road. But it's a hard slog to convince many of you of that. 🙂

The three tramps, so-called three "winos" had absolutely NOTHING to do with the JFK assassination. They were photographed about 2:30PM in front of the Texas School Book Depository (based on the shadows).

When Bowers refers to the "South side of the fence" - he may be referring to the "Western" side of the fence. From his point of view that might mean the far right, where the parking lot runs into the Triple Underpass. That is the way I interpret that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2024 at 8:14 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

DH-

I agree, that CT'ers defecate on themselves when they alter evidence. We should scrutinize CT versions of The Truth with the same skeptical eye we bring to LN versions. 

"Now I could see back or the South side of the wooden fence in the area"---Lee Bowers 

That said, this sentence is confusing. If you check a map, someone hiding behind the wooden fence (from the perspective of the motorcade) would be on the north side of the stockade fence. The north side of the wooden fence is what would be visible to Bowers. 

Screen-Shot-2567-09-06-at-07-58-22.png

OK, so...was Bowers referring to that space behind the wooden fence adjacent to the Triple Underpass? That is, on the left side of the map above? That would be the most southerly portion of the wooden fence. 

If so, then Bowers is leaving open the possibility that there could have been a shooter at or near the junction of the two wooden fences. Bowers also said he saw smoke at the time he heard gunfire. 

Or is Bowers referring to the southerly portion of that part of the wooden fence that runs north/south before making a junction with the east-west section of the fence?  That would mean shooters could be behind the fence, but further east. 

It is too bad that even Mark Lane, who conducted so many excellent interviews, at times left ambiguities unresolved.

We have to note it was a lot harder to film anything in those days, and that creating, say, a large map on an easel to illuminate an interview required a trip to specialty reprographic shops and so on. 

Lane worked on a budget. 

I admire you for finding and looking at primary materials. 

My guess is Bowers was referring to where the wooden stockade fence runs into the Triple Underpass. Bowers was located on the NORTH SIDE of the stockade fence. What he is calling South probably means the far western area.

It was said of Mark Lane, he never met a lily that he would not gild. Sometimes Lane would twist or deceive what the evidence showed.

Mark Lane also had a very spicy sex life and I think the FBI was filming and taping him even more so than MLK.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:07 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Screen-Shot-2567-09-07-at-09-11-46.png

Indeed. Texas state troopers also had such plates. 

Screen-Shot-2567-09-07-at-09-44-15.png

Interesting. 

It appears that Tennessee also produced white license plates with black numbers only. If I understand this, the plate was issued in 1962, and then the owner would put on stickers for additional years. 

Screen-Shot-2567-09-09-at-18-54-04.png

On 9/7/2024 at 9:44 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Mark Lane also had a very spicy sex life and I think the FBI was filming and taping him even more so than MLK.

Robert, I know nothing about Mark Lane's sex life. As I assume most others don't as well.

I guessed he was nowhere near the heterosexual, extra-marital sexually driven level of LBJ JFK, MLK etc..

I do think this personal aspect of people's lives ( especially those connected to major historical significance violent crime events ) can be important in several ways in better understanding the deeper truths behind their involvement ( willing or unwilling ) in such events.

Every agency tasked with investigating major violent crime cases spends great effort in this area for obvious rational reasons such as motive.

The Malcolm Wallace murder of pitch and putt owner/manager John Douglas Kinser was all about sexual jealousy driven motive.  The affections of LBJ's wildly promiscuous sister Josepha being the main object of this jealousy.

Robert, your knowledge of this personal side of all the main JFKA characters is vast. Have you considered a "Mary Ferrell" type compendium that would provide instant, easy and thorough access to this aspect of their lives?

Edited by Joe Bauer

36 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Robert, I know nothing about Mark Lane's sex life. As I assume most others don't as well.

I guessed he was nowhere near the heterosexual, extra-marital sexually driven level of LBJ JFK, MLK etc..

I do think this personal aspect of people's lives ( especially those connected to major historical significance violent crime events ) can be important in several ways in better understanding the deeper truths behind their involvement ( willing or unwilling ) in such events.

Every agency tasked with investigating major violent crime cases spends great effort in this area for obvious rational reasons such as motive.

The Malcolm Wallace murder of pitch and putt owner/manager John Douglas Kinser was all about sexual jealousy driven motive.  The affections of LBJ's wildly promiscuous sister Josepha being the main object of this jealousy.

Robert, your knowledge of this personal side of all the main JFKA characters is vast. Have you considered a "Mary Ferrell" type compendium that would provide instant, easy and thorough access to this aspect of their lives?

I wrote about the FBI's harassment of Lane in Chapter 3b:

On 8-4-64, 8-21-64, and 9-10-64, the FBI creates reports on the “Mark Lane Security Matter” and forwards them to the Warren Commission. While ostensibly an investigation of communist involvement in Lane’s Citizen’s Committee of Inquiry, which he’d formed to unveil the truth about the assassination, these reports are really designed to feed the Commission what its critics are saying, so that the Commission can counter these arguments in their final report. (Indeed, many of Lane’s questions would be answered by the report.) There are unnerving elements to these FBI reports however. The 8-4 report details a number of Lane’s speeches, and cites ten separate confidential sources, the 8-21 report includes a complete transcript of Lane’s appearance on a radio show, and the 9-10 report details more of Lane’s speeches, and cites twelve confidential sources. This raises a few questions: Where was all this manpower when it came time to identify the unidentified witnesses in the photographs of the shooting? Where was all this manpower when it came time to interview the witnesses who were known to the media, or mentioned in the early reports of the Dallas Police? Where was all this manpower when it came to accurately simulate the conditions in Dallas, to see if Oswald could actually have performed his purported feat? Furthermore, where was all this manpower when it came time to review the autopsy report? Study Kennedy’s wounds? Study the reactions of the human body to gunshot wounds, and see if the exact moments of impact could actually be identified in the Zapruder film? And finally, where was all this manpower when it came time to match the eyewitness testimony to the proposed shooting scenario? Spying on Oswald’s mother? Watching Mark Lane?

On 9/8/2024 at 12:38 AM, Robert Morrow said:

The three tramps, so-called three "winos" had absolutely NOTHING to do with the JFK assassination. They were photographed about 2:30PM in front of the Texas School Book Depository (based on the shadows).

When Bowers refers to the "South side of the fence" - he may be referring to the "Western" side of the fence. From his point of view that might mean the far right, where the parking lot runs into the Triple Underpass. That is the way I interpret that.

Exactly!

6 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Where was all this manpower when it came time to identify the unidentified witnesses in the photographs of the shooting? Where was all this manpower when it came time to interview the witnesses who were known to the media, or mentioned in the early reports of the Dallas Police? Where was all this manpower when it came to accurately simulate the conditions in Dallas, to see if Oswald could actually have performed his purported feat? Furthermore, where was all this manpower when it came time to review the autopsy report? Study Kennedy’s wounds? Study the reactions of the human body to gunshot wounds, and see if the exact moments of impact could actually be identified in the Zapruder film? And finally, where was all this manpower when it came time to match the eyewitness testimony to the proposed shooting scenario? Spying on Oswald’s mother? Watching Mark Lane?

They weren’t interested in a real investigation. They already knew what happened with the AR-15 accident. The main interest was in covering up the accident and the SS slow response to the first shot.

15 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I think that the reason Hale Boggs went so berserk against Hoover, even calling for Hoover's resignation on the House floor, was because he had been shown sex photos of JFK assassination researchers and he knew Hoover was using the same blackmail tactics on House and Senate members. I can't footnote this, maybe the son of Hale Boggs said this (if he had a son). I think I read this somewhere as to why Boggs was so enraged at Hoover when he gave his speech.

The late Jerry Policoff (JFK researcher) once told me that Mark Lane had a really unusual/spicy/compromised sex life and that Hoover's FBI was spying on Mark Lane. I don't know the details but something like S&M or bondage or homosexuality or something that Lane would like to keep secret. Sorry for the vague rumors but Policoff told me it was something spicy and something that most people would not like publicly known.

The most controversial sex life scandal of all was that of Hoover himself!

Disturbing how the full truth of this reality has been so successfully kept out of our official J.E.H. historical record, almost completely buried.

Same with the full story of LBJ's massive life-long corruption.

Young Americans wanting to know the full truths of such realities can only discover them through alternate non-traditional academic research means.

Clint Eastwood's film script delving into Hoover's compromised sex life ( considered deviant twisted at the time ) was surprisingly revealing. What a Freudian mess Hoover was.

Incongruously sickening how Hoover blackmailed so many good American's regards their own sexual proclivities which were also considered scandalous  ( debatably ) in their times. Yet, got away with hiding his own.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 9/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, Benjamin Cole said:
* New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison was approached by James R. Sterling, a friend and fellow employee of Bowers. Sterling said Bowers “...observed two men running from behind the fence. They ran up to a car parked behind the Pergola, opened the trunk and placed something in it and then closed the trunk. The two men then drove the car away in somewhat of a peculiar method.”

As far as I know and I believe even Bowers has stated that the only way out of the parking lot was via the Elm St. extension. Would driving out have even been possible with the crowds in front of the TSBD  immediately after tge assassination?

15 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

I think that the reason Hale Boggs went so berserk against Hoover, even calling for Hoover's resignation on the House floor, was because he had been shown sex photos of JFK assassination researchers and he knew Hoover was using the same blackmail tactics on House and Senate members. I can't footnote this, maybe the son of Hale Boggs said this (if he had a son). I think I read this somewhere as to why Boggs was so enraged at Hoover when he gave his speech.

The late Jerry Policoff (JFK researcher) once told me that Mark Lane had a really unusual/spicy/compromised sex life and that Hoover's FBI was spying on Mark Lane. I don't know the details but something like S&M or bondage or homosexuality or something that Lane would like to keep secret. Sorry for the vague rumors but Policoff told me it was something spicy and something that most people would not like publicly known.

I read the FBI reports back in the day, and to my recollection good ole Mark had himself a three-way. Scandalous!

13 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The most controversial sex life scandal of all was that of Hoover himself!

Disturbing how the full truth of this reality has been so successfully kept out of our official J.E.H. historical record, almost completely buried.

Same with the full story of LBJ's massive life-long corruption.

Young Americans wanting to know the full truths of such realities can only discover them through alternate non-traditional academic research means.

Clint Eastwood's film script delving into Hoover's compromised sex life ( considered deviant twisted at the time ) was surprisingly revealing. What a Freudian mess Hoover was.

Incongruously sickening how Hoover blackmailed so many good American's regards their own sexual proclivities which were also considered scandalous  ( debatably ) in their times. Yet, got away with hiding his own.

One of Hoover's former employees (DeLoach? Sullivan?) explained Hoover and Tolson in a surprising way. As I recall he said everyone at the FBI knew they were a couple, but that they assumed their relationship was asexual. IOW, that they were so repressed they couldn't bring themselves to touch.

I have no idea. But the point stands that Hoover was not what he would have called "normal," and that the depths of this "abnormality' was such that he would have been ineligible to work at the FBI, should he not have been running the FBI. 

It kind of reminds me of someone who is a brutal taskmaster, but who would not last one day as an employee, because he has no real skills. 

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

One of Hoover's former employees (DeLoach? Sullivan?) explained Hoover and Tolson in a surprising way. As I recall he said everyone at the FBI knew they were a couple, but that they assumed their relationship was asexual. IOW, that they were so repressed they couldn't bring themselves to touch.

I have no idea. But the point stands that Hoover was not what he would have called "normal," and that the depths of this "abnormality' was such that he would have been ineligible to work at the FBI, should he not have been running the FBI. 

It kind of reminds me of someone who is a brutal taskmaster, but who would not last one day as an employee, because he has no real skills. 

I wonder if anyone has ever written a biography of Sullivan.

He was, apparently, Hoover & Tolson's #3 man at the FBI.

Then he was murdered in a sham " hunting accident" in New Hampshire, shortly before he was scheduled to testify to Congress about the JFK assassination.

He told friends beforehand that he feared he might be murdered.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 9/7/2024 at 11:38 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Have you ever read about two separate sets of tramps being arrested?  One in the search of the railroad yard immediately after the assassination.  The other about 2:30 closer to Union Station/(now reunion tower), these taken off a train Bowers had just released from the yard heading south.  He reportedly saw them get into a grain car south of the south knoll, stopped the train and called the cops.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I wonder if anyone has ever written a biography of Sullivan.

He was, apparently, Hoover & Tolson's #3 man at the FBI.

Then he was murdered in a sham " hunting accident" in New Hampshire, shortly before he was scheduled to testify to Congress about the JFK assassination.

He told friends beforehand that he feared he might be murdered.

Clyde Tolson, #2 at FBI, says in spring 1968 what he really thinks of Robert Kennedy: “I hope someone shoots and kills the son of a bitch.”

William Sullivan, the #4 man at the FBI, describes a high level FBI meeting in spring, 1968. "Hoover was not present, and Clyde Tolson [FBI #2 and Hoover's boyfriend] was presiding in his absence. I was one of eight men who heard Tolson respond to the mention of [RFK's] name by saying, 'I hope someone shoots and kills the son of a bitch.' This was five or six weeks before the California primary."

[William Sullivan, The Bureau: My Thirty Years in Hoover’s FBI, p. ?]