The Education Forum

William C. Bishop

John Simkin

Tommy,

I don't think there is anything more to that file other than the picture and the TV transcript from 1983. However, like I said, the Weisberg archive can be difficult to navigate (for me anyway) so I'm not totally sure.

Any thoughts on the One Hour TV Special?

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Morrow%20Robert%20D/Item%2010.pdf

There has to be a copy of that somewhere...

Thanks,

Zach

Edited by Zach Robertson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy,

I don't think there is anything more to that file other than the picture and the TV transcript from 1983. However, like I said, the Weisberg archive can be difficult to navigate (for me anyway) so I'm not totally sure.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Morrow%20Robert%20D/Item%2010.pdf

Thanks,

Zach

BISHOP, WILLIAM C. "BILL"

Sources: List of patrons at Sportsdrome Gun Range one of the days Oswald was allegedly there.

Mary's

Comments: 1963 City Directory; Wm. C. Bishop, Bank Manager, Brook Mays Music, 2927 W. Colorado Blvd., Dallas, TX. 1966 City Directory; Wm. C. Bishop, Investments, 1st Natl. Bank Bldg., Dallas, TX (214) 748-3347; residence; 2927 W. Colorado (214) 337-7023. (See entry for Wm. C. Bishop)

BISHOP, WILLIAM C. (CLARENCE ?) (COL.)

Sources: Madisonville Meteor, 7/6/92

Mary's

Comments: DOB: 2/18/23; POB: Georgia; DOD: 7/2/92. Served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam. Paratrooper with Darby's First Rangers Battalion. Served 23 years in military intelligence. Was at Pearl Harbor. Prisoner of war during both WW II and Viet Nam. 33rd degree Mason, Shriner of Hellana Temple, Dallas. Survived by wife: Jean Gibbs Bishop of Madisonville, two daughters and sons-in-laws, Nita and Doran Walker of Cleburne and Susan and Pete Alanis of Houston; two sons, Robert Smith of Houston and Richard Smith and wife, Karen of Sugarland. Buried 7/5/92 in City Cemetary in Madisonville. Interviewed by Gary Shaw and Earl Golz in 1984. Told strange stories of involvement with CIA and involvement in murder of Trujillo. He claimed he was in Baker Hotel in Dallas as part of military intelligence 11/22/63. Claimed he was at Trade Mart, Dallas, checking identification. Claimed to have been in Africa. Claimed to have been involved in murders of James Meredith, Martin Luther King and Jimmy Hoffa. Although we have copies of Bishop's Military I.D., the government denies any knowledge of him. (See card on Bill Bishop)

Robert: If someone who has a subscription to, newspaperarchive.com and could search, what I am fairly certain is the Wisconsin Madisonville Meteor from July 2, 1992, and post it here on the forum, that would be a big help......

Edited by Robert Howard

Tommy,

Thanks,

Zach

Sources: List of patrons at Sportsdrome Gun Range one of the days Oswald was allegedly there.

Mary's

Comments: 1963 City Directory; Wm. C. Bishop, Bank Manager, Brook Mays Music, 2927 W. Colorado Blvd., Dallas, TX. 1966 City Directory; Wm. C. Bishop, Investments, 1st Natl. Bank Bldg., Dallas, TX (214) 748-3347; residence; 2927 W. Colorado (214) 337-7023. (See entry for Wm. C. Bishop)

Mary's

Comments: DOB: 2/18/23; POB: Georgia; DOD: 7/2/92. Served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam. Paratrooper with Darby's First Rangers Battalion. Served 23 years in military intelligence. Was at Pearl Harbor. Prisoner of war during both WW II and Viet Nam. 33rd degree Mason, Shriner of Hellana Temple, Dallas. Survived by wife: Jean Gibbs Bishop of Madisonville, two daughters and sons-in-laws, Nita and Doran Walker of Cleburne and Susan and Pete Alanis of Houston; two sons, Robert Smith of Houston and Richard Smith and wife, Karen of Sugarland. Buried 7/5/92 in City Cemetary in Madisonville. Interviewed by Gary Shaw and Earl Golz in 1984. Told strange stories of involvement with CIA and involvement in murder of Trujillo. He claimed he was in Baker Hotel in Dallas as part of military intelligence 11/22/63. Claimed he was at Trade Mart, Dallas, checking identification. Claimed to have been in Africa. Claimed to have been involved in murders of James Meredith, Martin Luther King and Jimmy Hoffa. Although we have copies of Bishop's Military I.D., the government denies any knowledge of him. (See card on Bill Bishop)

Robert: If someone who has a subscription to, newspaperarchive.com and could search the Madisonville Meteor of Texas, from July 2, 1992, and post it here on the forum, that would be a big help......

Tommy,

Thanks,

Zach

Mary's

Mary's

Robert: If someone who has a subscription to, newspaperarchive.com and could search the Madisonville Meteor of Texas, from July 2, 1992, and post it here on the forum, that would be a big help......

Well here it is. The date on the tombstone seems to be in error. It says he died on July 2, 1999, not 1992, in Russell's book he mentioned he died shortly after Russell interviewed him, if I am not mistaken.The 1st edition of TMWKTM cam out in 1993;

Pretty confusing.

Col William C Bishop

Birth: Feb. 19, 1923

Death: Jul. 2, 1999

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Bishop&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=46&GScnty=2676&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=55932319&df=all&

The photo on the tombstone states he was a Colonel in the US Army was a POW and served in WW II, Korea and Vietnam.....

sounds like the Colonel Bishop Richard Dick Russell interviewed alright;

see the original edition of The Man Who Knew Too Much

pages 30, 39, 102, 505-506, 507-514, 524, 570, 581, 584, 681-682, 692, 702, 703, 704 and 705.

Edited by Robert Howard

Tommy,

Thanks,

Zach

Mary's

Mary's

Well here it is. The date was in error. He died on July 2, 1999, not 1992.

Col William C Bishop

Birth: Feb. 19, 1923

Death: Jul. 2, 1999

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Bishop&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=46&GScnty=2676&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=55932319&df=all&

The photo on the tombstone states he was a Colonel in the US Army was a POW and served in WW II, Korea and Vietnam.....

sounds like the Colonel Bishop Richard Dick Russell interviewed alright;

see the original edition of The Man Who Knew Too Much

pages 30, 39, 102, 505-506, 507-514, 524, 570, 581, 584, 681-682, 692, 702, 703, 704 and 705.

Robert,

Well, there's definitely something fishy about his date of death because on page 681 of the 1992 edition of TMWKTM, Dick Russell writes:

"As I was completing this book in July 1992, Bishop died of heart failure at his home in Cleburne, Texas."

Maybe, as Gerry Patrick Hemming liked to say, Bishop just decided to "up and die" in 1992!

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

Robert,

Great stuff. I believe that is the man in question. Without any further investigating as of yet, I'm assuming that the Find a Grave people made an error and that his death was indeed in 1992. I've had such problems with Find a Grave in the past.

Zach

Robert,

Great stuff. I believe that is the man in question. Without any further investigating as of yet, I'm assuming that the Find a Grave people made an error and that his death was indeed in 1992. I've had such problems with Find a Grave in the past.

Zach

Thanks, Zach. If anything a lot of thanks goes to Gary Shaw and Dick Russell for their work on William Bishop.

Ostensibly, William Bishop's war name was Oscar del Valle Garcia. Interestingly enough considering the Date of death discrepancy, is the fact that Dick Russell notes that "when Bishop telephoned Morrow out of the blue in February 1983,

it came as a considerable shock: Morrow had previously been told by a retired Army colonel that Bishop had died about ten years before."

The passage is followed by a lengthy footnote on page 779.

Time doesen't allow me to include the entire passage but it covers Russell postulating that John Adrian O'Hare may have been factored into the equation. Specifically, Bernard Fensterwald, Jr., among others believed Bishop was O'Hare.

If there is anything more cryptic about the JFK assassination than "Dopplegangers," I have yet to find it.

Someone should go thru the record and see how many times this comes up, even excluding Harvey and Lee.

FWIW I believe the Bishop who was at the Sportsdrome Rifle Range was the Bishop who worked at Brook Mays.

I would love to read the 3 part series about John Adrian O'Hare in Jacksonville Today - March/April/May 1989

by Bob Martin, the Bishop/O'Hare link is in Part 3 according to Russell.

Edited by Robert Howard

Thanks Robert,

I'm still waiting for Gary Shaw's stuff on Bishop to be uploaded at Baylor. O'Hare and Bishop were two different people. O'Hare escaped to Africa and hooked up with Mike Hoare and his people there. Interesting misdirection originating from Fensterwald though.

Zach

• 9 years later...

Clarence Ward Bishop

• DOB - February 18, 1927 in St. Augustine,  FL. 
  • He was adopted (birth family unknown).  His adoptive parents were George Green Bishop (1901-1985) and Mary Elizabeth Ray (1906-1939). 
  • He lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 1930 and is listed as an "adopted son" on the 1930 US Federal Census.
  • He lived in St. Johns, Florida in 1935 per the 1935 census.
  • His (adopted) mother Mary passed away in St. Lucie, Florida in 1939 at the age of 33.
  • His dad married Katie Shelton in St. Lucie, Florida on December 12, 1939.
  • He lived in Fort Pierce, St. Lucie, Florida in 1940 with his (adopted) dad and new step mom Katie per 1940 US Federal Census.
  • He married Audrey A. Mount of Spring Lake, NJ, on November 14, 1942 in Fort Monmouth, NJ.  Newspaper announcement lists him as Pvt. Clarence W. Bishop, Fort Monmouth.
  • He enlisted at the 114th Infantry Armory in Ashbury Park, NJ on September 18, 1944.  His registration card lists his birthdady as February 18, 1923 (21 years old).  His contact person was Mrs. Roy Gant, 1311 Fourth Ave., Spring Lake, NJ (mother in law - but it's actually his wife Audrey's aunt).  His employer was LeParisien Dry Cleaners, Main Street, Ashbury Park, NJ.  His description is 5'6", 126lbs, blue eyes, brown hair, and ruddy complexion.  The top of the registration card says, "Discharged from US Army -- had enlisted -- never registered.
  • May 1947 - Audrey Bishop petitions for divorce on grounds of desertion.
  • November 11, 1948 - Audrey Bishop charges Clarence Bishop with desertion.
  • He married Jean Gibbs on December 18, 1991 in Webb, Texas.
  • He died on July 2, 1992 of natural causes in Harris, Texas at the age of 65.
  • He is buried in Madisonville, Texas.
  • BIRLS Death File
    • Clarence Clarence Bishop
    • SSN# - 140221185
    • Enlistment Branch - ARMY
    • Enlistment Date - August 2, 1941
    • Discharge Date - September 4, 1944
    • Enlistment Branch 1 - ARMY
    • Enlistment Date 1 - July 18, 1950
    • Discharge Date 1 - August 5, 1950
    • World War II
    • Korean War

Bishop draft card_1944 (1).jpg

Bishop draft card_1944 (2).jpg

Memo about Bishop contacting Congress Bennett. Notice just where this memo went to. Seen by Jake Esterline.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=46731#relPageId=2

Memo from Domestic Contact Division. Copy to J. Walton Moore. Notice that Ray Bensco, former Dallas PD and CIA employee also knows Bishop. I wonder in what capacity?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=61657#relPageId=2

15 hours ago, Jessica Shores said:

The top of the registration card says, "Discharged from US Army -- had enlisted -- never registered.

• BIRLS Death File
    • Enlistment Branch 1 - ARMY
    • Enlistment Date 1 - July 18, 1950
    • Discharge Date 1 - August 5, 1950

Jessica,

Congratulations on your research. You did a lot of work.

What do you think the 1950 business is all about?

He enlists on July 18th and is discharged on August 5th?

What is that all about?

Steve Thomas