The Education Forum

Jim Garrison and Oliver Stone

The opinions of Summers' and Weisberg are no more than their opinions. Like I have said, the Garrison investigation was made into an albatross around the necks of the critics by the media (see Summers passage, which you quote, about "discrediting... genuine researchers for a full decade.."). I have asked you to deal with the facts.

The FBI says Harold Weisberg knows more about the Kennedy assassination than the FBI itself. Who do you work for?

I've already said Weisberg was a very good researcher. That doesn't make his Garrison turnaround valid.

Who do I work for? I don't think the FBI (if that is who you are implying) has much interest in recruiting high school students. This is a silly question and you know it.

Edited by Owen Parsons

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opinions of Summers' and Weisberg are no more than their opinions. Like I have said, the Garrison investigation was made into an albatross around the necks of the critics by the media (see Summers passage, which you quote, about "discrediting... genuine researchers for a full decade.."). I have asked you to deal with the facts.

Amen.

...was it Nixon who said "you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all the people all the time?"

There's a turn in discussion that I think borders on the surreal. It's almost like the issue is no longer evidence but public perceptions of credibility. As if, should the CT community gain credibility in the eyes of the public then the case will be brought ot a successful close.

How will this credibility be attained? By pandering to the media in some hope that they will do a 180 degree turn and start publishing complimentary articles???

Or by steadfastly keeping an eye on the goal and IN SPITE of public perceptions persevering.

Get bogged down in infighting? Or get on with it.

The truth when uncovered will be recognised by some of the people, when those same are in a position to take action, it will happen. When that happens let's be ready with a comprehensive, thoroughly, deeply, broadly scrutinised brief.

EDIT:: reply to Ron below, ok, thanks, (sounded perhaps a wee bit wise for Nixon)

Edited by John Dolva

...was it Nixon who said "you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all the people all the time?"

No, that was Lincoln. Nixon said "I am not a crook," which didn't fool anybody.

The FBI says Harold Weisberg knows more about the Kennedy assassination than the FBI itself. Who do you work for?

---------------------------------

Lynne, Lynne -- This is a high school kid. Don't do the "McArthyite" xxxxx routine on him. "...who do YOU work for...??" -- Jeez...he probably flips burgers at a Wendy's...which by the way is ass-busting work, and a good way to enter the labor pool. Back in my union "organizer" days, I would have ALL of those minimum-wage/slave labor & greedy bastard outfits blocked by picket lines for years !!

While helping Joe Caleb organize the Black laborers' [Miami - 1966-67] "Int'l Brotherhood of Labor...etc." I taught the picketeers to sing a Miami Beach favorite:

"...Men with broken noses....armed with rubber hoses....join the fight for Israel" [or "Palestine", depending on the neighborhood] Man, did that piss off the white crackers !!

Tragically Joe was assassinated, and my Ironworker's Local "business agent" [who was also Mayor of Opa-Locka] was fingered as the perp. Didn't fly though, and the guy now doing life in the Chain Gang was the crane operator's union Prez [int'l Eng/Operators]. They did build a big ass building and named it for Joe.

[Howza about that for you lovers of "unverifiriable anecdotes" -- poor widdle babies !!]

Anyway, cut the kid some slack -- let Gratz ["El Fascisti] get on his case. Let me see...Oh yeah...Tim would contemplate: "...A 'PROGRESSIVE !!??...isn't that the new catch-phrase for a commie/symp fellow traveling snot-nose...." Well, you get the idea.

I know, let's BAN the kid...and then we will burn all of his Garrison books...Mein Fuhr...oops -- my good buddy !!

The "debate?" protocol should be: write nasty as all hell...but be POLITE !!

"Good Morning Viet Sussex",

GPH

The opinion of Harold Weisberg is more reliable than the FBI.

Folks it's really time to just IGNORE this xxxxx. Maybe then she will go away.

Responding to her is like responding to a dog in heat...

She only have one thought and it's been beaten to death.

As for Ferrie he was NOT in Garrison's custody. Another lie.

Dawn

ps Tim It was Tosh who asked that you debate Hemming for him, I was only repeating this sentiment.

Of course you represent your own view, and very well at that.

"She only have one thought"?

I don't think you are in any position to criticize me.

In my opinion, Jim Garrison was a white collar, Jack Ruby.

Jack Ruby silenced Lee Harvey Oswald and Jim Garrison silenced David Ferrie.

Edited by Lynne Foster

"She only have one thought"?

I don't think you are in any position to criticize me.

In my opinion, Jim Garrison was a white collar, Jack Ruby.

Jack Ruby silenced Lee Harvey Oswald and Jim Garrison silenced David Ferrie.

[/quote

----------------------------

Lou Ivon told me that "fairy" Ferrie [his words] was under house arrest custody -- and that "they blew it !!; and "Big Jim" grudgingly admitted to it !! [June 1967 -- N.O. D.A.'s Office & Fountainblaeu Restaurant]

Back to the books and those "Alpha-Male" defendants Counselor !!

GPH

Well, I don't know Hemming. The fact is that Ferrie wasn't under house arrest. They might have wanted him to stay in one place, but its not the same thing. You either misheard or misremembered what Ivon said.

--------------------------

Negatory Owen [and this is one of the many snivel factors by Mellen]

I asked Jim how they got a judge to sign a criminal complaint affidavit to execute even a "house arrest ??"

Lou interrupted to explain that pursuant to the "Napoleanic CIVIL Code" under which LA still operates, they had utilized a "material Witness" warrant; the same kind that hundreds of Muslim detainees were grabbed by the FBI since post-9/11. The "screw-up" was in saving the overtime buck$ for a baby-sitter, which bail bondsman [like my nephew] use renta-a-pigs or P.I.s instead of regular [or reserve] cops/constables. That is why every Cajun in N.O. still has a constable's badge, unless Katrina washed it away !!

Cheers,

GPH

Well, I don't know Hemming. The fact is that Ferrie wasn't under house arrest. They might have wanted him to stay in one place, but its not the same thing. You either misheard or misremembered what Ivon said.

--------------------------

Negatory Owen [and this is one of the many snivel factors by Mellen]

I asked Jim how they got a judge to sign a criminal complaint affidavit to execute even a "house arrest ??"

Lou interrupted to explain that pursuant to the "Napoleanic CIVIL Code" under which LA still operates, they had utilized a "material Witness" warrant; the same kind that hundreds of Muslim detainees were grabbed by the FBI since post-9/11. The "screw-up" was in saving the overtime buck$ for a baby-sitter, which bail bondsman [like my nephew] use renta-a-pigs or P.I.s instead of regular [or reserve] cops/constables. That is why every Cajun in N.O. still has a constable's badge, unless Katrina washed it away !!

Cheers,

GPH

Its not just Mellen, but every other book and account, pro- or anti-Garrison. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your presence here, but I don't attach a lot of credibility to this account. And really, I have no problem with accepting it either, if you can back it up.

Edited by Owen Parsons

Why didn't Garrison record a statement from Ferrie, didn't he suspect his probable death in light of his involvement with Oswald?

Ferrie never made out an affidavit, to my knowledge, but the DA's office did interview him, and shortly thereafter, according to Ivon, Ferrie confessed to him that he, Oswald, and Shaw, were all CIA, and that Shaw used the alias Clay Bertrand and hated Kennedy. Still no confession of involvement in the assassination.

Please read up a bit before making false statements.

Edited by Owen Parsons