John Dolva

ID anyone?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID anyone?

How much is the bounty $........ ? :D

Ahh...George...surely fame's enough? ;) I thought if I didn't give any hints, the ID might mean more.

Edgar Eugene Bradley?

bradley.jpg

hmmm.. interesting. I don't know who it is. My guess is FBI and amongst them, Hosty. But the bradley photo I looked at was an older one, so maybe, however in context I don't know. I'm not being obscure for any silly reasons. I thought the less suggestion on my part, ,more likely to have a meaningful ID. I don't know if that reasoning is right. I'll give whole pic shortly, with explanation re why I'm curious about him.

Edited by John Dolva

There is a film of the Oswald shooting where this mans face is stationary and his expression doesn't change while around him most people are reacting to Ruby shooting oswald. (This means that when stacking these images on top of each other at 99 % transparency, the pixellation is 'washed out' and those things that remain the same such as true facial features remain.)

He is a tall man who waits in the Basement as Oswald is led through and then swings in behind Oswald and is in that location while Ruby shoots Oswald and is arrested.

There is a reason why I think it is worthwhile knowing who he is. I'd prefer knowing who he is prior to mentioning the other matters.

So, any more ideas on ID?

John.

I can't identify the guy, but this may give a clearer view.

Robin, he is somewhere behind the startled policeman next to Oswald and the group to the left of him (our left).

This is about as sharp as I get him. There weren't all that many officials there. Someone must have some idea of who it is.

John.

Robin, he is somewhere behind the startled policeman next to Oswald and the group to the left of him (our left).

This is about as sharp as I get him. There weren't all that many officials there. Someone must have some idea of who it is.

I might be able to help if you can source the image, it looks like a frozen frame from the network feed to me, but it is my understanding that you cannot freeze frame television footage. But I could be wrong on that, anyway if you can tell me what the source of the image is (name of photgrapher etc, I will try to locate his identity).

John.

I might be able to help if you can source the image, it looks like a frozen frame from the network feed to me, but it is my understanding that you cannot freeze frame television footage. But I could be wrong on that, anyway if you can tell me what the source of the image is (name of photgrapher etc, I will try to locate his identity).

Robert, I very much would appreciate help on this. It MAY be of importance. I'm not deliberately obstructing as I am interested in seeing how easy it is to actually ID someone. I think that the photo is good enough for someone who is familiar with the person to make an educated guess. As this is not yet very forthcoming it may be possible to speculate that the person is a stranger who perhaps should not have been there.

There is also a report by one of the officers standing down that end of the basement who describes being cut off from the 'action' by reporters swinging in behind Oswald. This person may be one of these reporters.

I will post link to film shortly but would for now like to see if unassisted ID is possible. However, I'll PM the link to you however

(I think the guess on Bradley given I had not supplied any 'context' info is interesting. In this context though, is it likely? I wonder if it's about Bookhout or Hosty. There seems to be no images of Bookhout available.)

Edited by John Dolva

ID anyone?

John, can he be seen in this picture?

George. Yes, I think that it does show him.

I snapped a crop off that pic and marked the man I believe it could be with a yellow 'a'. The shorter one next to him I marked with a red 'b'.

In the sequence below the crop I've put the 'a' and 'b' over the faces of them and partially interpolated locations.

'A' moves slowly off to the right (our right) and then after the shot moves fairly fast back into a position behind where Oswald was walking. 'B' meanwhile has rushed forward and in the last image is right in front of 'a'.

Who is he?

ID anyone?

John, am I right that this pic is from the Phenix film? The guy apears right at the beginning and after the shooting he first comes forward than rushes back and comes forward again. When using media player you can see the clip by entering the following URL

http://www.news8austin.com/shared/video/bu...53&mswmext=.asx

sorry John, didn't see your posting but yes that's what we are talking about. I tought he looks a bit like Crawford Rice, just a guess?

Edited by George Bollschweiler

ID anyone?

John, am I right that this pic is from the Phenix film? The guy apears right at the beginning and after the shooting he first comes forward than rushes back and comes forward again. When using media player you can see the clip by entering the following URL

http://www.news8austin.com/shared/video/bu...53&mswmext=.asx

sorry John, didn't see your posting but yes that's what we are talking about. I tought he looks a bit like Crawford Rice, just a guess?

George, I don't think its Rice, though he seems an interesting character : A conversation with Rice :

http://www.big13.net/crawfordrice.htm

"...biggest stories had to do with Fidel Castro's overthrow of the Batista government in Cuba. Why did Channel 13 get involved in his story?

"Tampa had a huge Cuban population. Many worked in the cigar industry. What went on in Cuba was more important to the people in Tampa, than say, in Des Moines, Iowa. When Castro's revolution happened, he was a hero at the time and just as soon as we were given assurance that our charter plane would not be shot down on the way to Havana airport, we sent Earl and Marvin down there. The only communication we had was by telephone. The only way to get anything out of there was by recording a telephone call or we could pay somebody to carry the film out on a flight going to Miami. I think Earl gave a person $100, and made him swear on his life that the film would be dropped off at an air express parcel service in Miami, who would ship it up to us. That's all we had in those days. Earl got the first interview with Castro after the takeover, and CBS used it on their news."""

and:

".........One last interesting sidelight. This was well before the days of ENG and satellites and live coverage everywhere. Each Dallas-Fort Worth station had only one live remote truck, including KTVT. You can imagine the need for live coverage from a number of locations. We promptly turned our truck, including the production and engineering personnel who manned it, over to WBAP-TV to use as they saw fit, a small quid pro quo for the NBC coverage they gave us. As fate would have it, it was the KTVT truck that was on duty for WBAP at the Dallas County Jail on Sunday morning, when Lee Harvey Oswald was being moved to another location and was shot by Jack Ruby.

NBC's coverage of Oswald's shooting was made possible by the use of KTVT's mobile unit, as a 'quid pro quo' for the use of WBAP's feed

The murder of Oswald by Ruby was shown live on NBC, and the one lone Ampex two-inch VTR in the KTVT truck was rolling, through someone's foresight or good judgment, and that historic piece of history was recorded on video tape. """

I read that to say that Rice was not there but his mobile unit was.

_________

The film I'm looking at is taken just to the left of the one from the link George. And it shows a segment earlier than the link you posted and stops about 1/4 or 1/3 into it. However the Phenix film you linkeddoes show more of that man. At the end after Ruby has been 'marched' out he follows.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is not something the media could automatically do so I'm inclined to think he's a law officer of some kind.

I have no idea who the photographer is, or if it's a network feed. The 1.6 mb mpeg can be downloaded here. : http://karws.gso.uri.edu/Marsh/Scans/jfk07.mpg It consists of about 300 frames. This guy appears in the back ground of various sections from the beginning to towards the end of the film.

*(an aside, I found that if I open the (Phenix) feed in windows movie maker and save it as its (xp) format then I can rip frames out of it)

He's a pretty tall person and in the center of many shots, apart from the distraction caused by Ruby-Oswald he is fairly prominent and should be IDable.

Edited by John Dolva