The Education Forum

Behaviour of Members

John Simkin

John, if you feel it would help I will offer my services as a moderator. I feel as most of the disputes occur in three catagories, Moon landings, 911 and JFK photo evidence any Mod should refrain from either, offering personal beliefs, or starting threads on these topics. If yuo wish to discuss this matter further I will send you my home phone number in a P/M.

Thank you for your offer. I will ring you tonight.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, if you feel it would help I will offer my services as a moderator. I feel as most of the disputes occur in three catagories, Moon landings, 911 and JFK photo evidence any Mod should refrain from either, offering personal beliefs, or starting threads on these topics. If yuo wish to discuss this matter further I will send you my home phone number in a P/M.

Steve.

I'd like to add a 4th category that seemingly always gets out of hand and will test the true colors of any future moderator and that is any theory that attempts to debate Israeli or Mossad involvement.These discussions always turn into who's a racsist,bigot,or an anti semite.In the short time i've been a member here,i have to say,i've never been more disgusted than i was after witnessing the way Michael Piper Collins was treated when he offered to answer questions about his book in the Author section.He hasnt been back since and i dont blame him.But you see, the mission was accomplished,have zero debate about the contents of his book,Final Judgement...This scenerio with Collins is one i'm more familiar with because my main interest is the JFK assassination but these type of attacks are not limited to the JFK assassination.The ordeal and circumstance that led to Collins no longer participating on this forum is ,imo, a black mark on open debate.

Steve.

I'd like to add a 4th category that seemingly always gets out of hand and will test the true colors of any future moderator and that is any theory that attempts to debate Israeli or Mossad involvement.These discussions always turn into who's a racsist,bigot,or an anti semite.In the short time i've been a member here,i have to say,i've never been more disgusted than i was after witnessing the way Michael Piper Collins was treated when he offered to answer questions about his book in the Author section.He hasnt been back since and i dont blame him.But you see, the mission was accomplished,have zero debate about the contents of his book,Final Judgement...This scenerio with Collins is one i'm more familiar with because my main interest is the JFK assassination but these type of attacks are not limited to the JFK assassination.The ordeal and circumstance that led to Collins no longer participating on this forum is ,imo, a black mark on open debate.

Just for the record Collins Piper left of his own free will unable apparently to cope with the rigour of open debate.

Steve.

Just for the record Collins Piper left of his own free will unable apparently to cope with the rigour of open debate.

Just for the record,i happen to think the Piper/Final Judgement topic in the history book section epitomizes many aspects of poor behaviour.Ultimately, the name callers won out, no Piper no debate....you say open debate ,i say open attack....

Just to add my opinion on the matter of American aggression. In the first week of my stay in the US I was held up at gunpoint near my house in Maryland. While working for Cynthia McKinney in the US congress I took calls threatening the life of the congresswoman and also bore witness to several racist remarks. Several people called her a 'monkey' and 'a stupid n'. I simply hung up on these revolting people or told them off. One neo nazi by the name of Hal Turner remarked on his internet radio show that Cynthia Mckinney should be lynched before her deomcratic primary election.

That said, everyone that I met in person in the US was extremely polite and very warm. Several people offered to take me to dinner and some offered a free room for me should I ever find myself near their town. It was only either over the phone or on the internet that I found particularly abrasive people.

John

I do believe that aggression and violence is a more prominent aspect of your culture than other advanced industrialized countries.

I Have lived in the New York area for a quarter century, and the only physical violence I ever witnessed was an altercation between two ladies on Madison Avenue. When the ladies began swinging their handbags at each other I could not resist cheering along with the gathering crowd.

The first time I went to New York I travelled around the city with a former resident. He explained that you would be safe as long as you kept your car doors locked and if you only walked in certain areas of the city. That proved correct but it was worrying to occasionally come across a car that had broken down in a rough neighbourhood.

The second time I visited New York I stayed with my publisher on the outskirts of the city. He of course lived in a very expensive neighbourhood. However, he took me for a drive and within minutes we were in an area where he said his family never ventured on foot. What surprised me was that these people did not travel into his area. He replied that his neighbourhood was well policed and that “these people” would be arrested if they ever entered his neighbourhood.

I got the same story when I was in Dallas. The taxi-driver that picked me up from the airport told me some horrendous stories about some of the things he had seen over the years (he was an immigrant from Thailand). However, he patted the gun on his holster and said that had protected him so far.

Then there was the taxi driver from San Francisco. He told me about the problems of taking passengers to their homes. There were certain areas of the city where he would just not go. He said he was sorry about this as unfortunately those “law abiding” people who lived in these parts of the city had great difficulty getting taxis to take them home.

All these stories illustrate the same point. The United States is a deeply divided country. This is a consequence of having the most unequal distribution of wealth and income in the advanced world. It is no surprise that the US also has the highest murder-rate and locks up a higher percentage of its citizens than any other developed country.

Just for the record,i happen to think the Piper/Final Judgement topic in the history book section epitomizes many aspects of poor behaviour.Ultimately, the name callers won out, no Piper no debate....you say open debate ,i say open attack....
Piper baited such name calling perhaps intentionally so as to avoid defending his thesis.

I feel as most of the disputes occur in three catagories, Moon landings, 911 and JFK photo evidence any Mod should refrain from either, offering personal beliefs, or starting threads on these topics.
Steve raises a good point but i'm not sure that I agree that moderators should avoid offering their opinions re: the most contentious topics on this forum though not starting threads would be a good rule and avoiding involved debate would be wise.

So far we have only two candidates I think at least three would be a good idea. Ron (though I frequently disagree with him) and Mr. Carrol and Mr. Dunne and John Dolva would IMHO be good candidates and I'm sure there a several others but since I don't spend much time on the JFK forum (except on the photo threads) I can't really say who they are.

Len

Len, that is very kind of you to mention me along with Ron, Carrol and Dunne. But honestly, I am too erratic or passionate with certain topics and my tolerance in other fields is probably too wide. I think the others you mention would get my endorsement if they put their names forward. (ditto Robin Unger)

I like the idea of a trio of possibly spanning the worlds time zones who together make the serious desciscions, with John Simkin in a position to guide and even veto if necessary would be a good idea. Some organisational styles like the German Greens and their rotating leadership is also interesting. That would be a kind of thing where I would accept temporary appointment with a right of members to object and recall non performers. IOW ultimately some power resides in ordinary members.

Edited by John Dolva

Members ..... Thank You

I feel now that there must have been a divine intervention for which I am to be eternally grateful which guided me toward this particular topic.

I could not express to you, were I to pen twenty-six volumes, the awakening which this one thread has bestowed on me. What probably was the final horror that sealed my thinking, was when the bright young John, had his very worldly senses nearly shattered, by hearing uncultured "racial slurs" uttered in the Stone Age culture of these United States, by no doubt some of those highly prevalent, roving, nomadic tribes of sub-humans,

who have been long known to possibly forever have controlled these colonies.

I have decided that it is impossible for me to further subject my family to any more of these sub human terrors.

I realize however,the culture shock which would no doubt completely overwhelm us were we to attempt a direct move to somewhere in the UK. I have decided therefore that we should attempt a more gradual cultural progression.

After a family meeting, we decided to attmpt to modify the "culture shock" by first emigrating to an African State, and then possibly thru Behrut, before our ascension to the UK.

Just the thought of someone hearing "racial slurs" in this jungle of a country, makes my hair stand on end.

I truly cannot thank you enough for providing me with this "potential salvation" !

Charlie Black

and his family feel greatly indebted !

I live in the US and I don't see the US you think you see. Having also traveled extensively, I see many of the same problems in other areas of the world, including the UK.

I would agree that there is sometimes a sense of fear in the BIG CITIES of the US, but this is also true of Paris, London, Hong Kong and many other big cities.

I'm proably a bit more familiar with the US than you are, and I think you are looking at it through your own biases.

here's my story of my time in NY.

have you been for a walk deep in a forest walking quietly and looking at nature and listening to all the little sounds? then suddenly all is silent.

I caught the subway from JFK into Manhattan. There was a marvelous couple of middle aged hippies seated next to me who told me lots about how to get around and gave me an address to a little 'hotel' with low prices where one could usually get a room.

Having passed through the incredible security of locked doors and passing money through metal drawers set under bulletproof glass I set myself up for a couple of nights in a dingy little room with a sink that stunk of piss, a carpet embedded woth glass from broken crack vials and a dodgy little b/w telly with inhouse XXX movies. Strangely enough I felt very safe. None of the people I came across showed any animosity towards me.

A tour that ended near the Empire State building meant an evening stroll back 'home'. Very interesting..until I thought of cutting across to the next street through a narrower cross street.

I walked about ten steps into that street with the bright and animated street I meant to get to in clear sight when suddenly all fell silent, all the little noises that were there in the alley to start with stopped.

I literally backed out of that alley, step by step, till I was in the street I had left. That brief moment was really the only time I was truly afraid in the US.

Wandering around Santa Fe after midnight in the full moon to photograph the remarkable down town and the war cemetery etc was little bit of a worry because I had no knowledge of Rattlers and choose to cut through bits of scrub, but it was nothing like those few seconds in NY.

I set myself up for a couple of nights in a dingy little room with a dodgy little b/w telly with inhouse XXX movies.

Don't worry, John, New York has come a long way since then. Next time you're here we'll set you up with a color set and unlimited access to Stormy Daniels movies.

Stormy is much better than that inhouse stuff you had to put up with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormy_Daniels

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

have you been for a walk deep in a forest walking quietly and looking at nature and listening to all the little sounds? then suddenly all is silent.

I caught the subway from JFK into Manhattan. There was a marvelous couple of middle aged hippies seated next to me who told me lots about how to get around and gave me an address to a little 'hotel' with low prices where one could usually get a room.

Having passed through the incredible security of locked doors and passing money through metal drawers set under bulletproof glass I set myself up for a couple of nights in a dingy little room with a sink that stunk of piss, a carpet embedded woth glass from broken crack vials and a dodgy little b/w telly with inhouse XXX movies. Strangely enough I felt very safe. None of the people I came across showed any animosity towards me.

A tour that ended near the Empire State building meant an evening stroll back 'home'. Very interesting..until I thought of cutting across to the next street through a narrower cross street.

I walked about ten steps into that street with the bright and animated street I meant to get to in clear sight when suddenly all fell silent, all the little noises that were there in the alley to start with stopped.

I literally backed out of that alley, step by step, till I was in the street I had left. That brief moment was really the only time I was truly afraid in the US.

Wandering around Santa Fe after midnight in the full moon to photograph the remarkable down town and the war cemetery etc was little bit of a worry because I had no knowledge of Rattlers and choose to cut through bits of scrub, but it was nothing like those few seconds in NY.

That would be an improvement , Raymond, however it was only a couple of years ago. and the battered ole' b/w is probably still there.

Another thing I found hard to fathom was a shop assistant trying to sell me a camera for 340 US which by the time I'd edged to the door and said no a number of times has dropped to 130 US. So I flew to Montreal and bought one there straight off the shelf, no haggling.