The Education Forum

Roy Truly

Robin Unger

Roy Truly stated to the Warren Commission that after seeing Oswald in the Second Floor lunchroom, about a minute and a half after the assassination, and informing Officer Baker that he was an employee and exonerating him, Truly noticed Oswald missing from a roundup of employees sometime later, and became suspicious.

Although other employees were also missing, some not permitted back into the building after it had been sealed, Truly called the office in the other building requesting information from Oswald's employee application form.

A Mr. H. S. Alken provided this information to Truly, who then mentioned his suspicions of Oswald's absence to senior Dallas Police officer Lumpkin, who had been in the pilot car that stopped in front of the TSBD to inform the traffic policeman there - and the Sixth Floor sniper that the motorcade was only minutes away.

Lumpkin then took Truly up to the Sixth Floor and interrupted Capt. Fritz, then inspecting the newly discovered rifle, to inform him that Truly had something important to tell him - that an employee - Oswald, was missing. Truly then gave Fritz Oswald's Irving address that he had obtained a few minutes earlier from H.S. Alken.

Sean Murphy said in another thread that H.S. Alken had been questioned and gave a statement, but I can't find it. I'd like to know what Alken said, and what time Truly called him to get Oswald's address.

BK

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Truly stated to the Warren Commission that after seeing Oswald in the Second Floor lunchroom, about a minute and a half after the assassination, and informing Officer Baker that he was an employee and exonerating him, Truly noticed Oswald missing from a roundup of employees sometime later, and became suspicious.

Although other employees were also missing, some not permitted back into the building after it had been sealed, Truly called the office in the other building requesting information from Oswald's employee application form.

A Mr. H. S. Alken provided this information to Truly, who then mentioned his suspicions of Oswald's absence to senior Dallas Police officer Lumpkin, who had been in the pilot car that stopped in front of the TSBD to inform the traffic policeman there - and the Sixth Floor sniper that the motorcade was only minutes away.

Lumpkin then took Truly up to the Sixth Floor and interrupted Capt. Fritz, then inspecting the newly discovered rifle, to inform him that Truly had something important to tell him - that an employee - Oswald, was missing. Truly then gave Fritz Oswald's Irving address that he had obtained a few minutes earlier from H.S. Alken.

Sean Murphy said in another thread that H.S. Alken had been questioned and gave a statement, but I can't find it. I'd like to know what Alken said, and what time Truly called him to get Oswald's address.

BK

There is some information about Aiken here

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=145742

Begin excerpt for Truly testimony here

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol7/page382.php

Truly places his call to Aiken at 10-12 minutes after the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter. It this is accurate, that would translate to 12:41 - 12:44.

I would also like to hear Aiken's version of when the call from Truly came, but so far, I cannot find it.

Thanks Richard, i too would like to hear more from Alken.

Why would Truly be suspicious of Oswald less than fifteen minutes after he saw him, unless there is another factor?

My sentiments precisely. And, after Truly informed Fritz of Oswald being absent, in what he believed were confidential tones, a reporter asks Truly "What about this Oswald fellow?"

Two Roy Trulys?

One a WWII Sniper?

Bill,

The US Social Security Archive lists 2 "Roy Truly" from Texas

Roy Truly

Born 1907 Died 1985

State of issue: Texas

Roy Truly

Born 1909 Died 1972

State of issue: Texas

Additionally, there are two more "Roy Truly"s, both from Louisiana, one died in 1964 the other died in 1992.

In retrospect, when I think about these social security records, it seems unbelievable to me that:

A. There are only four "Roy Truly"s in the entire social security history.

B. That they would appear in what I would term "sets", two from Texas, two from Louisiana

C. That they all died from 1964 to 1992

D. The odds that one of them was from Texas and purported to be a WW2 sniper.

E. That both men from Texas have basically the same physical appearance which was enough for the FBI to "investigate".

It's either another weird coincidence or an intelligence OP along the lines of the "two Oswald" theory. What is the chance that Truly is a twin?

• 4 years later...

This thread was just getting good when it went cold then was briefly revived.  As David Andrews says at one point Truly deserves his own book.  It would be really nice if Robin Unger's original links could be restored.  Bill Kelly touches on the timing of Truly's passing info on "only" Oswald missing so quickly in his post on page 2, 9/18/13.

Looking at Truly in the big picture he bears further scrutiny.  Hiring Oswald in such a timely fashion after Ruth Paine's call.  Rushing to lead Baker conveniently, supposedly, past Oswald in the lunchroom, up the stairs to the roof on a otherwise fruitless search.  Giving Fritz Oswald's name, description and a address as the only missing employee (not) less than (?) 20 minutes after the assassination, which included time to run up to the roof and back down with Baker, supposedly. 

Roy Truly is interesting to me as another case in which CIA-did-it CTers go overboard.

Reading Roy Truly's WC testimony slowly and carefully, I'm convinced that he told the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Just as Ruth Paine was an innocent bystander in the JFK Assassination saga, so also was Roy Truly.

The fact that Roy Truly exonerated Lee Harvey Oswald to DPD Officer Marion Baker should be ample evidence.  But no-o-o.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that Roy Truly exonerated Oswald around 12:32 PM, and then around 12:50 PM he became suspicious.

According to Roy Truly's WC testimony, the only reason that Lee Harvey Oswald recurred to him at all was that the Dallas Police asked him to round up all the workers in the Book Order Filling Team, and as they were all gathering to be questioned by the Dallas Police, and somebody said to Roy Truly, "Everybody's accounted for except Lee Oswald."   That happened to be a simple fact.

It wasn't that everybody in the building was present except Lee Harvey Oswald.  That was never part of his WC testimony.   What he testified was that all the workers in the Book Order Filling Team were accounted for except Lee Harvey Oswald.  That happened to be a fact.

As for Dallas Police officer Lumpkin, he is far more suspicious to me than Roy Truly.  In fact, almost every DPD officer and deputy is suspicious to me -- yet a thousand times more ink has been spilled on CIA-did-it investigation than has ever been considered for DPD officers.  Their WC testimony sits there for a half-century, just begging for analysis -- but no-o-o.. 

Finally -- anybody who was so out of touch with Lee Harvey Oswald to know only Ruth Paine's address knew NOTHING about the JFK Plot.  Only those DPD officers who knew the address of Oswald's Rooming House Address -- like the guys who beeped their horn outside that address around 1 PM (and Dallas Postmaster Harry Holmes) -- could have known about the JFK Plot.

It's been a half-century -- and yet JFK Researchers are still too shy to investigate the Dallas cops and officials closest to Lee Harvey Oswald's final days.

Sheesh.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

This thread was just getting good when it went cold then was briefly revived.  As David Andrews says at one point Truly deserves his own book.  It would be really nice if Robin Unger's original links could be restored.  Bill Kelly touches on the timing of Truly's passing info on "only" Oswald missing so quickly in his post on page 2, 9/18/13.

Looking at Truly in the big picture he bears further scrutiny.  Hiring Oswald in such a timely fashion after Ruth Paine's call.  Rushing to lead Baker conveniently, supposedly, past Oswald in the lunchroom, up the stairs to the roof on a otherwise fruitless search.  Giving Fritz Oswald's name, description and a address as the only missing employee (not) less than (?) 20 minutes after the assassination, which included time to run up to the roof and back down with Baker, supposedly. 

He was maybe even more of a Johnny on the spot than the disburser of disinfo Hugh Ayensworth.

40 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

He was maybe even more of a Johnny on the spot than the disburser of disinfo Hugh Ayensworth.

Roy Truly worked at the TSBD every day, and was just outside the TSBD when JFK was Assassinated.

If that's a Johnny-on-the-spot, then yes.

Roy Truly was the supervisor of the Book Order Filling Team, and had to account for all of them to the Dallas Police.

When Roy Truly accounted for all of the Book Order Filling Team except Lee Harvey Oswald, he told Chief Lumpkin, who was standing next to him.

Roy Truly then called the TSBD Records Office for the officially stored address of Lee Harvey Oswald, and got Ruth Paine's address.

Chief Lumpkin then instructed Roy Truly to take this information to Captain Will Fritz on the 6th Floor.

Roy Truly accompanied Chief Lumpkin to the 6th floor to deliver the data about Lee Harvey Oswald to Captain Fritz.

Otherwise, it's all just cloak-and-dagger make-believe -- so common with CIA-did-it CTers. 

The people to investigate are Chief Lumpkin and Captain Will Fritz, along with the Dallas Deputies who allegedly "found" Oswald's rifle on the 6th floor.

The Dallas police were told within minutes of the JFK Assassination that shots came from the 5th or 6th floor of the TSBD, and eye-witnesses had seen men and at least one rifle barrell from street level.  YET IT TOOK DALLAS OFFICIALS 40 MINUTES TO ARRIVE AT THAT 6TH FLOOR WINDOW.

FORTY MINUTES!

That's easily enough time to build a fake sniper's nest, people.   Why aren't we investigating the Dallas Police and Deputies?  That's what I want to know.   Roy Truly and Marion Baker were telling the truth.  How about Deputy Luke Mooney?  How about Deputy Buddy Walthers?  How about Captain Fritz?  How about Harry Holmes?  How about James Hosty?  How about Forrest Sorrels?   

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Roy Truly gave Oswald on a silver patter to the cops the second he found out he had been in Russia and so on.

He considered it his public duty to nail someone like LHO to the cross.

He changed his observations enough times in interviews to convince any sane person to understand that Truly lied through his teeth when it came to almost every aspect of the second floor encounter.

And for that he got a letter of commendation from the feds.

Enough already.