The Education Forum

Who Killed JFK?: Poll and Discussion?

I did not see this point mentioned when discussing possible perpertrators, but it seems from the information I've come across, that there are no real clear lines of demarcation in any of the aforwmentioned organizations. The two examples I can think of readily are Gen Edward Lansdale who was first a CIA asset and later was according to Fletcher Prouty confered the rank of USAF General by Curtis Lemay. On the opposite tack, Didn't General Charles Cabell also work as a DD in CIA under Dulles?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas Purvis wrote:

As a first time poster, let me inform you and others that to a reasonable degree of certainty, LHO was the person who pulled the trigger of the weapon that is responsible for the death of JFK.

Thomas, I used to firmly believe that Oswald was a shooter but after reviewing the testimony regarding how soon after the assassination he was seen on the second floor by Truly and Baker I am convinced he was not a shooter.

Are you familiar with this evidence?

I am less certain whether Oswald was in any way involved in the plot, even if not as a shooter.

Thomas Purvis wrote:

As a first time poster, let me inform you and others that to a reasonable degree of certainty, LHO was the person who pulled the trigger of the weapon that is responsible for the death of JFK.

Thomas, I used to firmly believe that Oswald was a shooter but after reviewing the testimony regarding how soon after the assassination he was seen on the second floor by Truly and Baker I am convinced he was not a shooter.

I am less certain whether Oswald was in any way involved in the plot, even if not as a shooter.

"Why did you shoot the President?"

"Mr. I didn't shoot anybody. I'm just the patsy!"

That's LHO during the 'perp walk'. I believe he was telling the truth.

Guest Stephen Turner

Hello Thomas, welcome to the Forum.

Can I ask you what evidence leads you to belive that LHO was the shooter.

Thank you, Steve.

Quite interesting!

However, knowing Dick Meadows & Col Simons personally, there would appear to be at least one minor error.

Dick was a CAPTAIN/0-3 when we served together in 1970 and when we first interviewed for the Son Tay Raid.

Dick received his Officer's Commission in I believe it was 1967, and was in fact later, from what I recall, "passed over" for promotion to Major.

However, political pressure came to bear on the Army by those who knew Dick and had the power to do so, resulting in his final rank of Major.

Actually, Dick did not interview for the Son Tay Raid, as Col Simons picked him immediately upon learning that he would command the attack element.

Dick moved up to the "Hill" from Benning, I believe it was.

Am I to assume that Dick got demoted from Major to the rank of Captain merely so that he could fill one of the A-Team slots?

Tom Purvis

Thomas Purvis wrote:

It is the evidence which firmly establishes that LHO was involved in this event, just as the evidence firmly demonstrates the motive.

There will always remain the 5% to 10% chance that LHO was pre-designed to be the one that the Dallas Police would chase.

However, even were this to be established by some form of indisputable fact, the fact always remains that LHO was involved up to his A** in this event.

And, based on ALL available evidence and facts, he is the one who actually pulled the trigger.

Welcome home Mr. Purvis

Most of it? hmm... what's to doubt?

David Healy

From the available evidence it would appear that two persons were involved in the Walker shooting incident.

Although one could have been the shooter and the other the "driver", as LHO was not known to be that great behind the wheel, this two-person scenario could have easily carried over into the TSDB for LHO to have been the proverbial "rabbit" which the hounds were to chase.

Had the Tippit shooting not occurred, it would still not have taken that long for the Dallas Police to suspect LHO.

Only difference would be a massive hunt with most of the Dallas Police Department involved in a hunt for LHO while the potential true trigger man escaped.

As soon as the Dallas Police made verification with the FBI, this would have become a nationwide search.

ERGO: "Patsy".

Those who directed LHO's actions were most assuredly wise enough to have put this into place, to include LHO running to CUBA and thus assuring that the Cuban Government would have the finger pointed directly at it.

Tom

As far as evidence implicating, at least as accesories after the fact, is the hand written letter from Nicolas Katzenbach to Bill Moyers. I beleive Mr. Katznbach was AAG and acting AG while Mr. Moyers was working for LBJ. Would it not stand to reason that if LBJ was not involved before the assasination, he certainly played one of the biggest hands afterwards. It would be difficult to minimize the energies spent on fabricating the WCR. I've tried to research this one incident and would be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts on the matter.

Erik A. Olsen

Edited by John Dolva

Well, yes Director X coordinated Group X to commit the crime and Groups Y and Z to conduct secondary and tertiary actions. All variables X,Y,and Z are not discreet groups but have overlap to a greater or lesser extent.

Has anyone ever interviewed Mr. Katzenbach and/or Mr. Moyers about the 11/25/63 memo?

Erik A. Olsen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Turner
Between the Mintox camera, Minsk, and his odd service record (no punishment for contracting VD, suspicious behavior at Atsugi, etc..) is it fair to say that it is indisputable that Mr. Oswald was in one way or another an intelligence asset of the US?

YES, YES, & YES.

Some people DO dispute it.

Is it PROBABLE? Most certainly.

Is it more than probable? Is it, for instance, MOST LIKELY? I would say yes to that as well.

Is it possible that Oswald was "doubled" while in the Soviet Union? I would not say that is PROBABLE but it is a possibility that cannot be lightly dismissed given the whole Nosenko affair.