The Education Forum
Jim Hargrove

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

48 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

Given a patsy with a large-caliber military rifle

.256 “ is a very small round.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lance Payette said:

I appeared on this thread, emerging from my self-imposed exile, only because someone told me my legal expertise had been requested.  Here’s what I would say in terms of a resolution:

1.  If there was a clear term of service that no member may do what DVP has done, or DVP had received previous specific warnings, then warn or ban him if you wish.  If not, there is nothing illegal or immoral about what he has done.  I personally have no problem with it whatsoever - as I had previously told DVP..

2.  If there was no clear term of service, then it doesn’t seem fair or reasonable to ban DVP or require him to “undo” what he has done.  If it is the wish of the site administrators, a clear term of service should be adopted for future application, to wit:

No member shall quote or reproduce, in whole or part, the post of another member on any blog, other forum, other website or anywhere else outside this forum, without the express written consent of the member being quoted.  A violation of this rule may, in the discretion of the Administrators, result in discipline up to and including a permanent ban of the violator.

And I thank you. :) I hope I have not gotten you into too much hot water since you are now back to dealing with Cliff.

The EF people have stated that they have a policy in place now (similar to what you wrote above), but I am not clear about whether or not it was in place when all of this occurred. Regardless, it was common knowledge for at least two years that David was archiving posts at his site and nobody expressed serious reservations until recently. Of course, I realize that this is a private forum and they can do whatever they wish. But I don't have to like it.

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

54 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

And I thank you. :) I hope I have not gotten you into too much hot water since you are now back to dealing with Cliff.

No Mr. Parnell, it is the historical record Mr. Payette (and you) refuse to deal with.

Due to your intellectual bankruptcy you have to identify me personally with the evidence, which doesn't belong to anyone.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:56 PM, Michael Clark said:

That's why the military used them to plink at tin cans, old bottles and oncoming enemy soldiers.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, Lance Payette said:

Given a patsy with a large-caliber military rifle

On 8/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, Michael Clark said:

39 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

That's why the military used them to plink at tin cans, old bottles and oncoming enemy soldiers.

M-16 is a .223” round, even smaller. They don’t get much smaller in terms of caliber, which is the bullet’s diameter.