The Education Forum

The Dual Life of Albert Osborne

15 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Paul:

I have to disagree with you on a few points. He is not a native of Canada, even though the carried a Canadian passport. He was born in England and spent most of his life in the US and Mexico. He served in the Canadian army from 1917-1919 and I know he did visit Canada. The RCMP investigated him in 1958 for some unknown reason and Osborne himself mentions the YMCA in Montreal and going to Alberta. What is interesting is, how did he get his Canadian passport? He may have obtained it because he served in the Canadian army or maybe he was granted Canadian citizenship.

Do not believe that he was a lonely person. His time spent in Knoxville TN is described in many newspaper reports that showed him involved with people and he was a well known person.

If the Mexican government was going to expel him in 1964, they did not follow through on it because his death certificate mentions that he still had an address in Mexico.

Osborne is a mystery because it is difficult to determine how he earned money after he left the Campfire Council in 1939. He traveled to Mexico, Bermuda and elsewhere and for what reason, it still has to be determined.

As for the KKK rallies and right wing newsletters, what is your source for this?

John:

Thanks for the polite discourse.

First, I read your article on Albert Osborne from last July, and I enjoyed it very much.  It is very well researched.

You recall in your article that Osborne left a boy's club organization he founded, "The Campfire Council," in 1943, after accusations that he made "sexual advances to some of the boys at the Campfire Council."   The charges stuck, you wrote, and Osborne had to leave.

I believe that this allegation confirms my suspicion that (1) Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a socially undesirable person.

We are left wondering exactly why Mexico considered deporting Osborne (an alleged Baptist minister) from the country.   Any further details on this, that you know of in your research?

As for the KKK ties of Albert Osborne -- I studied about Osborne years ago, and I am still recovering that source, but in the meantime, here's what I remember.

1.  Albert Osborne was a member of the American Council of Christian Churches.  I've seen this membership stated in multiple places, including the "Grimsby Telegraph" as recently as October 27, 2017.

2.  Few researchers have traced this group -- I traced them because of my interest in Ex-General Edwin Walker.

3.  Walker had a personal friend and co-speaker, a race-segregationist Baptist minister named Billy James Hargis.

4.  .The American Council of Christian Churches was founded by Carl McIntire, the personal mentor of Billy James Hargis, in the early 1950's, as a protest of the conservative National Council of Christian Churches which agreed with US Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren in his 1954 Brown Decision to racially integrate all US public schools.

5.  Carl McIntire and Billy James Hargis strongly opposed any idea of racial integration.  Racial segregation was their motive for opposing the NCCC with their entity, ACCC.

6.  Albert Osborne is associated with the ACCC.   It is devoted to racial segregation, just as Billy James Hargis was.

7.  When Ex-General Edwin Walker went on a speaking tour with Billy James Hargis (2/1963 - 4/1963), Hargis always put in his plug for the ACCC.   He sold hard.  He urged people to quit their Churches in the NCCC (most American Churches) and convert to the ACCC.  Racial purity was his reason.

8.  In the Radical Right Christianity of McIntire and Hargis, the Bible forbids the mixing of races.  (This cult was obsessed with sexuality.)

9.  After several years of a long relationship with Billy James Hargis, our Ex-General Walker (a closeted homosexual) finally resigned from his life-long membership in the Episcopalian Church at his hometown in Center Point, Texas.  A copy of his resignation letter is included in his personal papers, and it cited his wish to switch from the NCCC to the ACCC.

10.   The charge that Albert Osborne is associated with the ACCC in his Fake Baptist Mission in Mexico -- where he could molest young boys -- also links Osborne to the US Radical Right. 

11.  It is perhaps no accident that Billy James Hargis also founded American Christian College in Oklahoma, but closed its doors in 1977 after Hargis was convicted of having sex with his students.

12.  In another report, Hargis also founded a "Christian" elementary school in Oklahoma, which was also closed on accusations that Hargis was molesting some children.

So, getting back to Albert Osborne and the US Radical Right, and these Fake Christian Missions, and the allegations of "socially undesirable" and "child molestation," I think a great deal more research into Albert Osborne is warranted.  For example, Why Did Osborne Tell the FBI that Oswald was on that Bus to Mexico, and then Retract His Story?  

I thank you for your scholarly contribution into Albert Osborne so far.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

P.S. The evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald entered Mexico as a passenger in an car is conclusive, in my humble opinion.  The FBI myth that Oswald was on a bus, was calculated to sustain the myth of a Lone Nut, without any accomplices.  The FBI knew very well that Oswald entered Mexico as a car passenger.  They also know much more about Oswald in Mexico City that they have never wanted to tell.  We need to keep digging into these FBI FOIA releases.

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

1.  Albert Osborne was a member of the American Council of Christian Churches.  I've seen this membership stated in multiple places, including the "Grimsby Telegraph" as recently as October 27, 2017.

Paul,

The only source that I know of is Craig Roberts. In his book Kill Zone, in which he says that Osborne reportedly ran a facility in Oaxaca for 25-30 professional assassins Roberts states that Osborne "posed as a missionary with the American Council of Churches" (sic). But Osborne was ostensibly a Baptist minister, his missionary work as such seems to have been associated with Baptist Churches, and no FBI report on Osborne that I'm aware of mentions the ACCC, with which the Southern Baptist Convention was not affiliated. (BTW Roberts also cites Bo Gritz's statement that Osborne is thought to be the older of the three tramps marched through Dealey Plaza. In his book Gritz neglected to say who thinks that.)

13 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

I believe that this allegation confirms my suspicion that (1) Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a socially undesirable person.

Paul:

Thank you for your comments.

I now understand what you mean by Osborne being socially undesirable. You make an interesting point abut the radical right, the ACCC and sexual abuse.  In this milieu Osborne may have been able to find a place to play the role of fake missionary. Yes, more research needs to be done about Osborne and his connections to these groups. 

Have continued my research into Osborne's life but have not been able to determine why the Mexicans wanted to deport in 1964.  Have also reviewed all Bloomfield papers that have been released by Library and Archives Canada and have not seen any any connection between Bloomfield and Osborne either. Did find a possible connection between arms dealing and Bloomfield.

If you ever find that source about the KKK, I would be interested in knowing what it is.

18 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

Paul:

I now understand what you mean by Osborne being socially undesirable. You make an interesting point abut the radical right, the ACCC and sexual abuse.  In this milieu Osborne may have been able to find a place to play the role of fake missionary. Yes, more research needs to be done about Osborne and his connections to these groups. 

Have continued my research into Osborne's life but have not been able to determine why the Mexicans wanted to deport in 1964.  Have also reviewed all Bloomfield papers that have been released by Library and Archives Canada and have not seen any any connection between Bloomfield and Osborne either. Did find a possible connection between arms dealing and Bloomfield.

If you ever find that source about the KKK, I would be interested in knowing what it is.

I recall that Mae Brussell thought Osborne ran a school for assassins in Mexico, and always wondered how she came to that conclusion. 

John - Could you update us on the Bloomfield papers, perhaps by starting a new thread? I understand many have not been released, but it is hard to keep up with this story, and it sounds like you are up on it. 

20 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

Paul:

Have you considered that OSBORNE/BOWEN was inserted into the story to create another closed off lead?

He denies the person next to him was Oswald....
Only McFarland and the Aussies discuss this old man on the bus...  the same two who SWEAR Oswald was on the same del Norte bus I've shown he wasn't on....

As the thread of BOWEN is pulled it exposes so many other pet projects of the CIA/FBI/etc....  so the road blocks pop up...
and the investigation is led elsewhere.

I think a large portion of the Mexico situation was simply to create a roadblock to the truth of epic proportion...

Oswald in Mexico and the related evidence insures the investigation stops short of the truth or even scratching at the truth.

Sprague was removed because of Mexico
Blakey helped hide Mexico

With Oswald at Odio and in Dallas... the car to MX evidence is as false as the bus journey.

Our Oswald was not there... and nothing beyond the CIA's transcript of an impersonated call puts him there.

4 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Paul,

The only source that I know of is Craig Roberts. In his book Kill Zone, in which he says that Osborne reportedly ran a facility in Oaxaca for 25-30 professional assassins Roberts states that Osborne "posed as a missionary with the American Council of Churches" (sic). But Osborne was ostensibly a Baptist minister, his missionary work as such seems to have been associated with Baptist Churches, and no FBI report on Osborne that I'm aware of mentions the ACCC, with which the Southern Baptist Convention was not affiliated. (BTW Roberts also cites Bo Gritz's statement that Osborne is thought to be the older of the three tramps marched through Dealey Plaza. In his book Gritz neglected to say who thinks that.)

Thanks, Ron.

By the way, Billy James Hargis was regularly ordained as a Baptist minister before he co-founded the ACCC with McIntire.   The Southern Baptist Convention remains affiliated with the NCCC, and never wavered for a second in the face of the ACCC attacks.

In my opinion, the ACCC started as a political scam in protest to the Brown Decision, although today it seems to have evolved into a respectable entity.  But back in the wild west of the early 1950's and 1960's, I read a different story.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

21 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Paul:

John,

Thanks for continuing to seek the reasons for Mexico seeking to deport Albert Osborne.

I'm still searching for that source about the KKK.  I'm now searching my A.J. Weberman collection -- perhaps I'll find it tonight.

One more thing about the ACCC -- it seems it was still a very small group before JFK was assassinated.  Also, another couple of alleged pederasts in the sad JFK saga are David Ferrie and Jack S. Martin, who both worked for Guy Banister in New Orleans when Lee Harvey Oswald was there.  

David Ferrie and Jack Martin were continually competing with each other for just about everything.  One interesting competition was their application for the status of "bishop" in some off-the-wall Church.  They both wrote to that Church to tell why the other was wholly unworthy.

David Ferrie was a defrocked Catholic priest, while Martin (IIRC) was a former Baptist and in 1963 an alcoholic (Garrison, 1988). 

One wonders if their off-the-wall Church was aligned with the ACCC back in 1963.  I'm interested.

Guy Banister, for his part, was a rabid segregationist.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

This brings up the odd story of the 'wandering bishops' that author Peter Levenda explores, with their possible connections to covert operations.

21 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Paul:

...If you ever find that source about the KKK, I would be interested in knowing what it is.

John,

I finally found it.   It wasn't Weberman, it was Mae Brussell.   After striking out with Weberman's prolific output, the post by Paul Brancato returned to my memory, and I Googled her and Osborne and there it was.

I remember reading her material years ago.  It was fascinating for a time, because I was researching General Walker at that time.  Yet I abandoned her theory, because she ultimately seemed paranoid about an "Invisible Fourth Reich."  She would jump to that conclusion out of nowhere (much like the H&L CTers do today.  Mae also had her own H&L theory; just pitiful).

So, I dismissed the CT of Osborne being in the Radical Right -- if Mae Brussell was my only choice.

Yet after I learned about Carl McIntire, Billy James Hargis and the ACCC, the case about Albert Osborne being a guy on the Radical Right became more plausible to me.

I note here that Mae Brussell completely got the ACCC wrong.  She didn't look hard enough.  For Mae, the ACCC was created by the FBI.  I suppose she believed that J. Edgar Hoover was also part of the "Invisible Fourth Reich," and such nonsense.

So, that's how it started, but how it ended -- for my CT -- was with the ACCC, and not with the Nazi Party.

I note here that the ACCC is linked to the Radical Right through the White Citizens Councils (WCC) in the South (including Tennessee, Texas and Louisiana) as well as the KKK on the more extreme Right.   After Ex-General Walker lost most of his credibility with the American voters on October 1, 1962 (when JFK and RFK sent him to an insane asylum for the racial riots at Ole Miss the night before), Ex-General Walker could only get speaking engagements with Billy James Hargis, the JBS, the WCC and the KKK. 

So, it seems to me that Albert Osborne is linked to Joseph Milteer, the NRSP, the JBS, the WCC and the KKK.  We need more research, of course.

For Mae Brussell -- this was all in the service of the Nazi Party USA and the "Invisible Fourth Reich," as I call it.  I don't go there. That's too paranoid for me today.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

11 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I recall that Mae Brussell thought Osborne ran a school for assassins in Mexico, and always wondered how she came to that conclusion.  

Paul B.,

I always wondered how Mae Brussell came to that conclusion, too, because she never said.  She seems to have invented the story.  Her 1983 story went something like this:

1.  Lee Harvey Oswald certainly entered Mexico on September 26, 1963, riding beside Albert Osborne, alias John Howard Bowen. 

2.  Osborne/Bowen-ran a school for expert marksmen in Oaxaca, Mexico, since 1934.  His cover was Baptist missionary. 

3.  John Bowen records go back to June 4, 1942, in Tennessee, where he operated a boy's camp called, "Campfire Council." 

4.  Neighbors complained of pro-Nazi activities.  Bowen condemned the USA for choosing to fight Nazi Germany -- and publicly stomped on the USA flag.  Outed, he had to leave the school. 

5.  Mae Brussell linked Albert Osborne to the FBI and to Clay Shaw, with Mexican funding coming from the CIA, Anti-Castro Cubans, and other right-wingers.  

6.  Mae Brussell said that the six-person American party traveling to Mexico City by bus on 9/6/1963, were all members of the White Russian Solidarists, the alleged Gehlen emigre community, active in Dallas and Ft. Worth, which had befriended Lee and Marina Oswald.

7.  Mae Brussell wrote that the FBI worked with the ACCC to fund the "Bowen-Osbome academy of assassins." 

8.  Much of the money came from Americans who funded the ACCC, well into 1964, believing it was a legitimate Religious Missionary Organization which had operated under John Bowen for 18 years in Mexico.   

9.  Albert Osborne's "mission" in Mexico, had direct links to Clay Shaw's Centro Mondiale Commerciale, with a sniper band linked to the Mafia, and financed also by James Angleton and the CIA.

10.  Sadly, Mae Brussell never offered anything but her naked assertion that all this was true and correct -- as far as I can tell.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

One of Brussell's sources on Osborne may have been Penn Jones, who wrote in Forgive My Grief IV (1974) that Osborne was "House Mother" to a group of American assassins in Mexico.

49 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Paul,

One of Brussell's sources on Osborne may have been Penn Jones, who wrote in Forgive My Grief IV (1974) that Osborne was "House Mother" to a group of American assassins in Mexico.

Ron, 

OK, if we get confirmation I'm open to a proposal.

Penn Jones Jr. was a fairly good source.  So, again, what was Penn's source?

See -- my continuing issue with all the CIA-did-it CTers is that they will postulate some CIA plot someplace or other, for the sake of argument, while addressing some other issue.  Then all the other CTers run with it.  This is how rumors get started.

So -- what were Penn's sources?

Thanks,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 11/29/2017 at 11:27 AM, Paul Brancato said:

John - Could you update us on the Bloomfield papers, perhaps by starting a new thread? I understand many have not been released, but it is hard to keep up with this story, and it sounds like you are up on it. 

Paul:

Good idea, I will start a new thread and also upload some of Bloomfield letters and documents so board members can read about his involvement with Permindex and CMC.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:33 AM, David Josephs said:

Have you considered that OSBORNE/BOWEN was inserted into the story to create another closed off lead?

I have never considered this possibility because his reason for being on the bus still has to be determined. My only assumption about his presence there, and this assumption is based on the belief that he was on the bus because he had a role to play in JFK's assassination, is that he was there to monitor the activities of the Oswald impersonator.