The Education Forum

[PDF] Harvey And Lee + CD-ROM (John Armstrong)

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

This is a tactic Mike... One used by Trump and his admin....

Just go here David.  You'll see how much baloney there is in here not only by me but my many others who think the story is silly. But do you know who was talking about CONTRAST - of all things - to prove the Hardly story? Do you know who is talking about 13 inch heads there and elsewhere, even when someone (I wonder who that someone was - LOL) put together a rebuttal to the fantasy story showing the heads are fine?

You're like one of those Pentecostal ministers, all fire and brimstone. What exactly are you going to do with all of that pent-up anger? The big document release turned out to be a big turd proving nothing. Do you really think the info posted here is going to change anything after 54 years? What exactly are you going to do with all of this evidence that you have no give and take with?

Uh huh - that's what I thought.

So now you're using your usual tactic of going through the testimony and finding a "ah ha" moment but you're now doing it with Carter's film article. Here is a better quote for you from his K2 article:

Incredibly, although Zavada’s peer-supported professional opinion mitigating against alteration to the Zapruder film should have largely diminished the controversy, the notion of alteration has since hardened, and a substantial number of persons have somehow become convinced that radical alteration is a proven fact. In truth, time constraints and technical limitations make plain that if alteration was in fact engaged in that Sunday, it would necessarily be limited to, for example, a “blob” added to a frame or a black mask added to a few frames. However, even this work appears unlikely due to the difficulties in returning the altered product to an undetectable plausible 8mm “original."

So this is Carter saying that despite wild-eyed (I wonder who) theorists thinking that the film was edited in some way, time constraints would prove otherwise. That is what I always said many many posts ago regarding the film on another laugher thread here:

But of course this means absolutely nothing to these wild-eyed theorists.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen, read and commented within that thread...  another attempt - this time Tommy :sun Graves.... to get some attention and traction for posts at which no one would otherwise look twice.  I wonder if Tracy or Greg or the others would have even known 1% of these things had it not been for the 10 years of research John put in...

As for the newest documents being - how'd you put it? right - a big turd...  I expect nothing less from you Mike...  you wouldn't even know what to look for or have the awareness IF anything was new or not...  you simply don't know nor care to find out...  

It doesn't dawn on you that the time and effort I put into the other work - which you seem to find palatable - was also put into H&L? 
It doesn't dawn on you that H&L at its core makes Parker's and Tracy's work irrelevant - there is a vested interest in proving it wrong...  John could care less whether you accept it, understand it or even look at it... you don't know John yet feel it in your right to abuse his work...  pathetic. 

=======================================

Again, I appreciate the work Jeff put into it...  but there are some simple assumptions he makes which preclude him from coming to any other conclusion...

What does he say about film 0184 and the film sent to Rowley...   0184 does not appear in either article

What becomes of the Rowley film ?   Since this is part 2 of his work, maybe in part 1?  The ROWLEY copy of the film, in DC Friday night after midnight and then gone to history allows over 20 hours before it gets to Dino and almost 50 hours before Homer.  

Somehow, Mr. Carter did not include discussion of the Rowley Copy and what occurs between Zapruder, Schwartz, Max Phillips and Sorrells...

I'm curious how one can conclude there was no time to alter the film when the one film that was actually in Washington DC that night is not discussed?

Any ideas Mike - or should I just talk to Jeff as you haven't the first clue how to answer me since you've done none of the work?

Real problem here is you know just enough to be annoying but not enough to know you're wrong...
So you make it every one else's problem.  Real credit to the effort buddy...  
:up

----

As for the MATH RULES thread...  do you really want me to count how many worthless posts you offered on that thread? 

You posted:

"Uhh, your point, Chris? Just because you bought into what this surveyor wrote about in an interview written by Marrs doesn't make it so. Just like what Truly said about the "Oh, um, the limo almost rode up onto the curb" in his statement. Do you see that in the Towner film? I don't."

You may think this thread is helping other researchers but it's not. It's moved into absurdist territory. "

So says the JFK expert...  what a joke.  I wonder how is it that you are the first to criticize those areas for which you have the least understanding or exposure?
You have this NEED to comment on things you know nothing about rather than ask a few questions and maybe learn something...

Again thanks, you're a real credit to the effort....  

On 11/29/2017 at 12:14 AM, B. A. Copeland said:

It is with pleasure (because of the difficulty locating and/or purchasing this work) that I offer this (with John's general permission and/or encouragement via Len Osanic's BlackOp Radio show #857, timestamp 1:15:46~1:16:28) to any and all who wish to further research but found this book extremely costly or difficult to find. Included within the link is the supplemental CD-ROM that was included with the actual book. A very special thanks to John Armstrong for his actually encouraging uploads and use of his book and to the original uploader years ago here at the Ed. Forum. Again, it is with general or impersonal permission from Armstrong himself that I post his work for download and research.

Harvey & Lee PDF/Book

Harvey & Lee CD-ROM

Please let me know if you into any issues downloading and I will fix asap.

B. A., when I try to open either link (book or CD) in any browser, all I get is a blank New Tab.  Any alternatives?

Edited by David Andrews

Here are the problems with John Armstrong and his work.

He is trying to convince people that there was a vast conspiracy run by the CIA involving two boys (H&L) and their mothers. But scientific evidence and common sense tells us this did not happen. I believe H&L is a vehicle for Armstrong to promote his views and I am not even sure that he believes it. The documents published with the book and at the Baylor website are useful to researchers as even one of his greatest critics, Vincent Bugliosi, noted. But it is not useful to attempt to mislead people even if you believe it is for a good cause. Many people of the CT persuasion recognize these facts to their great credit. If Armstrong's sole motivation was to do a service to the research community, he would have published his documents and website minus his own bizarre theories. A proper book would have had an editor and been around 350 pages. But like Ayn Rand, he would not allow a single edit to be made. Unfortunately, he doesn't have Rand's skill (as Jim Hargrove has noted) and the result is not only nonsense but bad writing.

Bottom line-use the information he has provided, as I do myself, but check it carefully first. And as I have said before, perhaps someday someone will prove a conspiracy of some kind in the JFK case. I doubt it myself, but it is a possibility. But Armstrong's theory is not one such possibility and is in fact a falsehood.

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-truth-about-harvey-lee.html

The amount of disinformation posted here about Harvey and Lee is simply breathtaking.  A case in point is Mr. Parnell’s assertion above that  “A proper book would have had an editor and been around 350 pages. But like Ayn Rand, he would not allow a single edit to be made.”

Mr. Parnell probably knows how Harvey and Lee was prepared, because I have told him several times, but he continues to ignore that information and post disinformation here.   John wrote Harvey and Lee using proprietary page markup software that Jack White recommended.  When he found out how much thousands of copies of a hardbound book of more than a thousand pages would cost in the United States, he traveled to China to find a less expensive solution.

He eventually found a publisher, but that publisher could not use the software’s data file he had prepared.  Neither the publisher, John, nor anyone else John knew in China could find a way to automate a file conversion to something usable by the Chinese printer. And so John sat by himself in a hotel room retyping by hand the entire manuscript, and he made a few typos.  Mr. Parnell thinks there are more because he now only has the pirated CD version of the book, which, although carefully done, introduced many optical character recognition scan errors.

It is true that Harvey and Lee is a VERY long book.  (If the graphics on the accompanying CD had been printed in the bound book, it would have approached two thousand pages in length, instead of the mere one thousand plus pages it is without illustrations.)  But John wanted the book to be as much of a reference work as a page-turner for armchair readers, and so he packed it full of information.

Mr. Parnell wants readers here to believe that John has “bizarre theories,” but those theories are shared by many researchers, and have been for fifty years.  Two Oswalds is one of he most enduring theories throughout the history of WC critics.  I hear from dozens of them periodically who believe John's central conclusions.

Here’s a bizarre idea for you.  Why don’t you stop listening to people like Messrs. Parnell and Walton misrepresent John’s work  and take a look at it for yourself. John and I run an easy-to-read website that provides an excellent and thorough introduction to Harvey and Lee.  See for yourself at:

HarveyandLee.net

Edited by Jim Hargrove

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

When he found out how much thousands of copies of a hardbound book of more than a thousand pages would cost in the United States, he traveled to China to find a less expensive solution.

Armstrong is supposedly very wealthy so there is no excuse for any of this, especially not hiring an editor. But I will agree with my friend Jim on point. By all means, decide for yourself-the information is out there on both sides of the issue and lengthy debates at this point are redundant.

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Armstrong is supposedly very wealthy so there is no excuse for any of this, especially not hiring an editor. But I will agree with my friend Jim on point. By all means, decide for yourself-the information is out there on both sides of the issue and lengthy debates at this point are redundant.

This and your previous post here is very well said, Tracy. As I mentioned, the Jack Ruby and Nixon "I knew this guy in '47 it's the damnest thing..." quote is pretty amazing info that Armstrong mentions. If nothing else, it's an amazing coincidence that that happened.

But as Tracy said, the whole Hardly Lee story with the look alike Oswald from Hungary, with his mother that looks exactly like the 11/22 LHO's mother (except she is short and stumpy, has a uni-brow and does not smile lot) is very, VERY bizarre indeed!  Think about it - according to the story and all who believe in it, LHO was in NYC, then he leaves but then his Hungarian double goes to NYC, then LHO is TX and leaves, then the double does the same - as if they're literally living in each other's shadows.  Really?  How could any of this bizarre story have been coordinated to the point of keeping the doubles within a respectable distance without friends and relatives bumping into the clones standing side by side?

Tracy, Bernie, Jeremy and others have posted numerous solid rebuttals to this Hardly story. For newbies here and for the full story just visit the thread here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23677-a-couple-of-real-gems-from-the-harvey-and-lee-website/

...and as Tracy said, you're free to decide whatever it is you want to believe.

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Tracy,

Armstrong didn't need an editor. The book is well written.

Indeed it is.  Some of the numerous H&L critics bouncing around the net seem to use any techniques they can conjure to keep readers away from this book, but the strategy has failed.  I can see the ever increasing file request logs on the HarveyandLee.net web server, and John’s $65 hardback edition of Harvey and Lee is just about sold out with no advertising whatsoever.  I’m aware of at least three pirated e-versions of the book, all of which John patiently tolerates.

Harvey and Lee is a beautifully written book, with remarkably few errors considering the duress under which it was re-composed.  All the more remarkable because John spent most of his life running oil and custom home building enterprises.  Anyone who takes the time to read and understand the entire book, and it takes years, will understand the assassination of JFK.

A great introduction to the book is HarveyandLee.net.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, David Andrews said:

B. A., when I try to open either link (book or CD) in any browser, all I get is a blank New Tab.  Any alternatives?

Hmm...mega doesn't pop up? I'll work on an alternative. Apologies. Not sure why it doesn't simply load up for you.

As for the arguments for/against Armstrong's work, my intention was to provide another resource that, to my understanding, and whether or not Armstrong's conclusions follow from his premises, provides a wealth of information regarding LHO as far as the documentary records are concerned. I believe that even a work with a (for some or many) controversial/accepted/unaccepted thesis can be used a potentially good resource to learn much more. 

Edited by B. A. Copeland

5 hours ago, B. A. Copeland said:

Hmm...mega doesn't pop up? I'll work on an alternative. Apologies. Not sure why it doesn't simply load up for you.

As for the arguments for/against Armstrong's work, my intention was to provide another resource that, to my understanding, and whether or not Armstrong's conclusions follow from his premises, provides a wealth of information regarding LHO as far as the documentary records are concerned. I believe that even a work with a (for some or many) controversial/accepted/unaccepted thesis can be used a potentially good resource to learn much more. 

Still doing the same as reported before, regardless of what browser I use.  I've downloaded other things from Mega successfully, so I don't know why.

11 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Still doing the same as reported before, regardless of what browser I use.  I've downloaded other things from Mega successfully, so I don't know why.

There is an alternate link to a download at Greg Parker's site for anyone having trouble:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1656-pdf-harvey-and-lee-cd-john-armstrong-2003