The Education Forum

My theory on who fired the fatal shot

I had a chat with Mary Moorman this past November in Dallas. I told her that much of the "research community" thought she was a hottie in 1963.  I joked that she was kind of like a "pin-up girl" for assassination researchers. Another participant in the conversation joked that someone should put out a calendar "The Women of Dealey Plaza", with the best shots of Moorman, Hill, Marina Oswald and others, perhaps including some of Jack Ruby's dancers. She and her family got a big kick out of it.

Jean Hill and Mary Moorman's comments after the shooting helped fuel the birth of the assassination research community. They were not part of the conspiracy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting historical tidbit others probably already know from Jean Hill's "The Last Dissenting Witness".   When called in for her first interview by the FBI the first week of December 1963, over a week after the assassination by Gordon Shanklin head of the Dallas office...  " Shanklin introduced the first man as a fellow FBI agent, but Jean was stunned to learn the other man was with the Central Intelligence Agency".  pg. 61.

Why?  The CIA was not supposed to be involved in domestic operations per their charter.  She already felt intimidated by the FBI.  Maybe the CIA brought more clout.

"But you do claim to have seen  someone fire at least one shot from almost directly across Elm Street from where you were standing, right".

"Yes, From behind the wooden fence at the top of the grassy knoll."

The agent Named Jim...

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Jean Hill and Mary Moorman's comments after the shooting helped fuel the birth of the assassination research community. They were not part of the conspiracy

I'm simply astounded that anyone would ever expect either of these two women to be somehow involved in the murder.

Edited by Michael Walton

On 1/15/2018 at 6:22 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Where do you get Zapruder frames that clear?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Although the Z film is 54-year-old technology, some of the frames are quite clear.  Here's #304. If you download them and blow them up on your own computer you'll see they're pretty clear - not all of them of course due to camera jerk:

z304.jpg

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Where do you get Zapruder frames that clear?

I have been sent some jpg files scanned from 35mm slides which were produced from the original 8mm film - and scanning was at the highest resolution that NARA were able to do....

Similar bizarreness was offered by another poster a while back...

His first name was John and he claimed that 2 people up the street by Houston are really Moorman and Hill.

Those 35mm blowup are indeed beautiful - sure would be nice if we all had access to the same, best evidence.....  {sigh}

Here was my response to "John" whose excerpted post is embedded.

5a611fba99ef7_HillandMoormancomparedtotheSWcornerofElm-Houston.thumb.jpg.d6abf9ff75763cb8e49b6e29d1a4db26.jpg

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

David, forgive my antiquated technological ignorance (again) but are you inferring some of that newer photo shopping stuff might have been used here? 

Nope...  Just pointing out a theory which is not based in reality

5 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Nope...  Just pointing out a theory which is not based in reality

If I would fully read and think about your post before replying I wouldn't have asked a foolish question.  Not the first or worst time I've stuck my foot in my mouth here or elsewhere.  "Up the street" is pretty obvious.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, Ron Bulman said:

https://www.amazon.com/JFK-Dissenting-Witness-Bill-Sloan/dp/0882899228/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1516056501&sr=1-1&keywords=The+last+dissenting+witness

Garrison, Stone and Marr's are pretty  big people to have supporting your story.  I guess she really fooled them.  Me too.  There is some fluff in the book.  Like anybody who has ever commented on the assassination, myself included, much less was a witness, she was confused at times over certain issues.  I believe, like many other witnesses she was intimidated into silence for many years.

Dear Ron,  Thank you for the trouble you have taken to put that link on above, and looking up details so that you could do that.  I have ordered the book and I look forward to seeing what they the author says, and the people you mention above say....

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2018 at 10:55 AM, David Andrews said:

Was Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon.  Were getting revenge for Marilyn Monroe.

Tony Curtis hated her.  He said this on the Mike Douglas' Show.  Yet time passed and suddenly he was saying that they were very  friendly, had an afffair and she got pregnant with his child.  He published this book right before he died.  He was a phony.

On 1/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, Robert Turner said:

To: David Andrews - thank you for your comments.  I think Mary Moorman might also have a different length coat in some photos, but plenty to think about ....