The Education Forum

Shooter Location

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

And you're of the opinion that although the entire Dealey Plaza area was searched on the 22nd, the Harper fragment is not found until the 23rd, in the evening... and it is in front of the limo at the time of the shot...

You think that piece was not put there after the fact?   Apiece of the bone 30 yards in front of JFK?   If Angel is correct, the sewer - and the shot out the right rear top of the head is not so far fetched...

But I would hesitate to use the Harper location to trace back to a shooter...  IMHO

J. Lawrence Angel described the fragment in a memorandum addressed to the HSCA:
"The Harper fragment photographs show it as a roughly trapezoidal piece, 7 centimeters by 5.5 centimeters in size, coming mainly from the upper middle third of the right parietal bone. Near its short upper edge vascular foramina on the inside and a faint irregular line on the outside indicate sagital structure. Its posterior inferior pointed edge appears to fit the crack in the posterior section of the right parietal [bone] and its slightly wavy lower border can fit the upper edge of the loose lower section of right parietal[bone]. Its upper short border, on the left of the midline near vertex, may meet the left margin of the gap. behind it there appears to be a large gap and in front a narrow one.

mantik_figure2.jpg

5a69f843d84a1_harperfragmentlocation.jpg.7eec6b7da645ca757cbd82b968a8db33.jpg

David,

Taken into consideration.

If someone shot him from the storm drain out front, do you believe the Harper fragment would have propelled backwards along the lines of the bullet trajectory?

9 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Chris,

As I posted years ago, the car in the background in the center of the photo (behind the woman wearing a blue dress and a red sweater) is a Rambler Station Wagon.

FWIW.

--  Tommy  :sun

PS  Is that a man lurking in the shadows to the the right of the tree in front of the pickup truck on the right?  With the top of his head "merging" with some foliage from the tree?

If that is a person they would have approx 9 seconds to get to my shooters location.

39862240632_7ffd11ea2d_b.jpg

40 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

David,

Taken into consideration.

If someone shot him from the storm drain out front, do you believe the Harper fragment would have propelled backwards along the lines of the bullet trajectory?

Backward and most probably towards the Queen Mary...  this is a link to what Floyd Boring claimed to have said about 1" x 2"  (2.5 cm x 5 cm) bone fragment... and then Kellerman claims that he spoke of 2 bone fragments in the Queen Mary... that THEY were to be sent down to the lab... but only one fragment seems to have records of analysis.

Wonder what that other fragment was?

https://books.google.com/books?id=YA4CBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT321&lpg=PT321&dq=Floyd+Boring+bone+fragment+Queen+mary&source=bl&ots=A7F6ke_cZa&sig=iZA3MtU7qUUmYAPMPi5fh6KM7ko&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp9fGWzvPYAhVOyGMKHU9eD5IQ6AEINzAF#v=onepage&q=Floyd Boring bone fragment Queen mary&f=false

25 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

If that is a person they would have approx 9 seconds to get to my shooters location.

39862240632_7ffd11ea2d_b.jpg

Chris,

I'm not sure I understand.

How long would it have actually taken?

In other words, where was your shooter's position?

Just a few feet away, right?

13 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Scale: 1inch = 10ft

X = shooters position

Station wagon rear approx 9ft away.

Truck cab approx 26 ft away.

Sorry, need to revamp that.

Can't remember his name now, but the guy caught taking a dive on the infield grass in the Z-film said he saw something happen near the retaining wall (in front of the station wagon) during the shooting, and actually walked over there to investigate immediately afterwards.

Edited by Thomas Graves

X = shooters position

The two trees in which the station wagon is between = approx 35ft span. 

The station wagon rear is approx 18ft from the shooters location.

The truck cab is approx 60ft from the shooters location.

Malcolm Summers was the diving man.

I referred to him a few posts back.

Fine tuning distances.

39863828122_6d2d859c46.jpg

Edited by Chris Davidson

46 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

X = shooters position

The two trees in which the station wagon is between = approx 35ft span. 

The station wagon rear is approx 18ft from the shooters location.

The truck cab is approx 60ft from the shooters location.

Malcolm Summers was the diving man.

I referred to him a few posts back.

Fine tuning distances.

39863828122_6d2d859c46.jpg

Chris,

Wouldn't a shot from there also put Jackie in danger of being hit?  The round would have hit JFK in the right temple then proceed in basically the same direction, blowing out the left side of his head and potentially continuing to hit Jackie.  This isn't what was seen at Parkland, can you help me understand how a shot from this position would have caused a blowout in the right rear of JFK's head?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Chris,

I'm not sure I understand.

How long would it have actually taken?

In other words, where was your shooter's position?

Just a few feet away, right?

Can I ask a question that might have been brought up before.  In looking at the photo, up by the Hertz sign, to the right of it, does it appear there is some type of distortion?

Has anyone discussed that?  It is probably nothing but, in your picture above, there is a clear dark shadow on the buliding, a brown distortion, then the Hertz sign.  What is that?

2 hours ago, Rick McTague said:

Chris,

Wouldn't a shot from there also put Jackie in danger of being hit?  The round would have hit JFK in the right temple then proceed in basically the same direction, blowing out the left side of his head and potentially continuing to hit Jackie.  This isn't what was seen at Parkland, can you help me understand how a shot from this position would have caused a blowout in the right rear of JFK's head?

Thanks

Rick,

More than one shot.

Two at 1/3 of a second apart, using extant films.   

2 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Can I ask a question that might have been brought up before.  In looking at the photo, up by the Hertz sign, to the right of it, does it appear there is some type of distortion?

Has anyone discussed that?  It is probably nothing but, in your picture above, there is a clear dark shadow on the buliding, a brown distortion, then the Hertz sign.  What is that?

Cory,

Not quite sure of the location you are describing.

If you can't post a graphic, can you be more specific. i.e. above the H in Hertz or below the Y in Depository, etc etc

5 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Backward and most probably towards the Queen Mary...  this is a link to what Floyd Boring claimed to have said about 1" x 2"  (2.5 cm x 5 cm) bone fragment... and then Kellerman claims that he spoke of 2 bone fragments in the Queen Mary... that THEY were to be sent down to the lab... but only one fragment seems to have records of analysis.

Wonder what that other fragment was?

https://books.google.com/books?id=YA4CBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT321&lpg=PT321&dq=Floyd+Boring+bone+fragment+Queen+mary&source=bl&ots=A7F6ke_cZa&sig=iZA3MtU7qUUmYAPMPi5fh6KM7ko&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp9fGWzvPYAhVOyGMKHU9eD5IQ6AEINzAF#v=onepage&q=Floyd Boring bone fragment Queen mary&f=false

Thanks David,

What I need is a frontal location specified, that you believe works.

The sewer drain down at street level on Elm St works, but, only if JFK within the limo is down near Station# 4+96 as has been previously plotted.

3 hours ago, Rick McTague said:

Chris,

Thanks

btw,

This might be a little closer in terms of JFK's head position at Z312.

Not a lot of footage available from this angle. At least from what I've found with Nellie turned 90 degrees clockwise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBURGPKHRQGA9VpeUhLic6LRe2OEYgnS/view?usp=sharing

51 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Thanks David,

What I need is a frontal location specified, that you believe works.

The sewer drain down at street level on Elm St works, but, only if JFK within the limo is down near Station# 4+96 as has been previously plotted.

Considering we are working backward for medical evidence which is a fraud... the wounds described would not lead to a shooter location.

I would suggest along the right front, or the south knoll.... in addition to the sewer...

4+96 works just fine for me... WEST and the rest who knew a shot occurred there...

This is CE585 showing the change from the original

5a6a6da7bf08d_ce585overactualplatshowing3shotsat381465and504.jpg.7b32cebc567714e41bbddd61a3aedbed.jpg