The Education Forum

David Josephs

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy are you pretending that you were not referring to David Josephs as QUOTE ON     " Big D"     QUOTE OFF ?

Michael,

With all due respect, what's wrong with that?

When I was really young, i.e., before I'd maxed out at 6' 4.75" and 260 lbs., my dad used to call me "Big T". 

(Hmm ...and even afterwards, come to think of it; can't imagine why.)

So it's a compliment of sorts (at least to a guy), and regardless, I was alluding to the fact, pretty wittily I think, that I have this crazy, old-school habit of writing the first letter of not only his (but everyone's) name with a big (i.e., upper-case) letter, and I guess I was hoping that my calling him "Big D" would motivate him to reciprocate in that simple civil convention.

Regarding my crazy, old-school habit of writing people's names with an upper-case first letter EVEN for bad people like Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Charles Manson, Alan Berkowitz, et al., I figure that to do otherwise would belittle ME much more than it would THEM.

Does that make any sense to you, "Michael"?  

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Michael,

With all due respect, what's wrong with that?

When I was really young (i.e., before I'd become 6' 4.75" and 245 lbs.), my dad used to call me "Big T".

So it's a compliment of sorts (at least to a guy), and regardless, I was alluding to the fact, pretty wittily I think, that I had a habit of writing the first letter in his name with a big (i.e., upper-case) letter.  No matter how much I despised him.

(I do the same thing with Hitler, Trump, Putin, Charles Manson, Alan Berkowitz, etc., not that I consider David to be anywhere as "evil" as they are.  LOL)

Tommy,

Do you think that I am buying any of that, as an excuse and disguise for underhanded insults?

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy,

Do you think that I am buying any of that, as an excuse and disguise for underhanded insults?

Michael,

With all due respect, do you really think I care what you do?  

PS  How in the world could any reasonable guy in this (sarcasm) evil, evil, evil "macho" Deep State/ CIA-dominated country consider calling another guy "Big (whatever letter their first  name starts with) an insult? 

As in, "Have a good day, Big Michael!"

Surely you can find better examples of my (prior to my last "vacation") egregious insults than that, Michael.

LOL 

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

Well, I tried to ask this question of my fellow moderators, too. They hid my thread on the subject, and the other one started by Paul Brancato drew predictably few responses. 

Assuming I'm still a moderator, I was never asked to vote on moderating David Josephs in any way. But then again, maybe I'm not a moderator any more. None of them answer my emails, so I'm not really sure. 

If David Josephs has been banned from the forum, that is a true outrage. He is one of the most knowledgeable and coherent researchers left in this fractured "community" of ours. 

It looks like the moderators desire a forum where Thomas Graves is the dominant voice here, with his Edward Epstein-inspired KGB/Russian "collusion" fantasies. At the very least, they should provide some explanation. 

Don,

With all due respect, please don't forget Fidel Castro.

That's a strong possibility, too, you know.

Edited by Thomas Graves

If David was banned for not using a capital "T" for Tommy Graves' name, that would set a new standard. 

One of the most irritating things about Thomas Graves is his long-time tendency to mock others in his passive-aggressive way, and this certainly includes their names. But I guess since he prefaces nearly every response now with "With all due respect," he's following the rules. 

Could some moderator explain why David Josephs can't post here? 

1 hour ago, Don Jeffries said:

If David was banned for not using a capital "T" for Tommy Graves' name, that would set a new standard. 

One of the most irritating things about Thomas Graves is his long-time tendency to mock others in his passive-aggressive way, and this certainly includes their names. But I guess since he prefaces nearly every response now with "With all due respect," he's following the rules. 

Could some moderator explain why David Josephs can't post here? 

Don,

With all due respect, although I'm flattered to think so, I rather doubt that that was why he was "axed".

Regardless, what are some of the other most irritating things about me?

Is it the fact that -- given that Duran and Eusebio described the (probably non existent) Oswald Impersonator in such a way as to point the finger at KGB colonel Nikolai Leonov, plus the fact that we now have, IMHO, a Russian-mobbed-up, blackmail-able, expendable-for-Putin, "useful idiot" for a President (due to the cumulative effects of 90-plus years of "Soviet/Russian "active measures," and 60 years of "strategic deception" counterintelligence ops waged against us and our allies) -- I no longer believe the CIA, as an institution, killed JFK?

Does that really bother you for some reason?

Regardless redux, no matter how many members clamor for David's immediate return, do you feel that the Moderators are obligated to tell us why they made the decision they did?

Edited by Thomas Graves

As I said, I think its the Walton/Josephs dispute.

6 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

Well, I tried to ask this question of my fellow moderators, too. They hid my thread on the subject, and the other one started by Paul Brancato drew predictably few responses. 

Assuming I'm still a moderator, I was never asked to vote on moderating David Josephs in any way. But then again, maybe I'm not a moderator any more. None of them answer my emails, so I'm not really sure. 

If David Josephs has been banned from the forum, that is a true outrage. He is one of the most knowledgeable and coherent researchers left in this fractured "community" of ours. 

It looks like the moderators desire a forum where Thomas Graves is the dominant voice here, with his Edward Epstein-inspired KGB/Russian "collusion" fantasies. At the very least, they should provide some explanation. 

I tried to PM you days ago, Don, but apparently you aren't taking any messages.

20 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

I see that David is logged-in ( hello David!), so his account is not closed. I sent him a test PM which came back saying that he currently cannot receive messages. So there is good news and bad news.

Hey Michael....

Thanks for having my back buddy.....  When I can remember not to take the bait... All is good.

I applaud those with cooler heads... I'm Passionate, Mediterranean, hot blooded.....

And make no excuses.... 

What else would we call those who can command the attention of the forum for nothing more than to debate manners, spelling, grammar and syntax.... 

:idea

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Hey Michael....

Thanks for having my back buddy.....  When I can remember not to take the bait... All is good.

I applaud those with cooler heads... I'm Passionate, Mediterranean, hot blooded.....

And make no excuses.... 

What else would we call those who can command the attention of the forum for nothing more than to debate manners, spelling, grammar and syntax.... 

:idea

the more things change, the more they stay the SAME...  :eek Hang in there, DJ!

Mr. Josephs, I thank you for your contributions to the forum. I don't get involved in the H&L discussions simply because I don't have time to get up to speed on the subject. But I appreciate your work on other areas of the JFK assassination. 

As a moderator, I would simply advise you, as I would any other member, to not respond in kind to provocative posts. IOW, "don't feed the T-R-O-L-L-S."

Now...as my generation used to say: Keep on truckin'.