The Education Forum

What is known about Oswald's time in England?

7 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

I think Mervyn Hagger has shown us that Albert Schweitzer College was mentioned in many newspapers throughout the 50s, which kind of deflates the narrative that says Oswald would never have found this school on his own; what do you think?

I agree that LHO, who read many different publications, could have found information about Schweitzer easily.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I agree that LHO, who read many different publications, could have found information about Schweitzer easily.

But not the Swiss police?   Or were they not looking very hard?

2 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Now tell us why the religious dogma underpinning the college becomes of interest. 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt for the document.

Louise Steenbarge's HSCA Interview.

About Oswald's flight to Helsinki fromLondon.

If I didn’t know better... which I do... B)

that was Lee... the larger man of the two if you lean that way... 

This Oswald leaves New Jersey in mid October on a plane?.. while another Oswald is on another journey entirely....  reminds me of Mexico

1388544788_oswaldhotelcardsfromhelsinkihavediffsignatureslikeCubanvisaAPP.jpg.9b6d7221ff724b4f44438574e864beaa.jpgUntitled-1.thumb.jpg.1c2bea38afbf79f4613cdc32cdd94f4e.jpg566082351_BackofKLAUScard-StayinginFinlanduntilOct25.jpg.92f5218a787876958b6034877d9ed220.jpg

.... according to the evidence offered at least

... or am I jumping to a conclusion ?

:huh:

2 hours ago, David Josephs said:

How is this not direct proof of Harvey and Lee?

I guess it is if you already believe in Harvey and Lee.

There are 100s of Oswald sightings in evidence and IMO more than half are mistakes or deliberate frauds.

Steenbarge's sighting isn't enhanced by waiting 20 years to mention it - when another phase of assassination interest was peaking in the media.   If this very detailed account was made in 1963 I'd take it very seriously.   In 1978 I take it as creatively enhanced memory.

Jason

More info from MB

Bill Kelly at my request did some digging but could not make progress on finding flight logs or manifests for Mrs Steenbarger's MATS flight......she and her husband were accountants for the U.S. military not the usual people one would associate with fabricating such an elaborate tale.....I tried to track their correspondence with the HSCA,the initial letter,nowhere to be found in the incoming HSCA members of the public correspondence files,I then when to the master log of HSCA documents the so called document register,nothing there either,the only thing is that interview......which puzzles me,when you think that after all these years we still have not been given the exact flight and timing of Oswald's flight from London to Helsinki is it possible that Oswald was on that MATS flight with Mrs Steenbarger?.......and that's why all the shell games surrounding the flight and the timing......one CIA cable talks about not being able to determine the exact timings because the VA/LINKs that's either Finnish Immigration/Customs or FINNAIR because they are "too busy with the Summer rush"????......we know the agency has access to everything on these flights they were especially interested in the Helsinki flights;this information was at their fingertips at all times,it's sheer nonsense that they were unable to determine Oswald's flight timings from London.....

Boy Malcolm Blunt is just sensational is he not?  The stuff that guy digs up, plus he lives in England.  The material he has sent me on Betsy Wolf and her search for the riddle of Oswald's 201 files really important.  Did you know that the file at one time had over 800 items in it?

Predictable Wardian reaction.  You get a primary source for a very interesting document.  And he disses it.  

Did the HSCA follow up with the son and husband?  Probably not I would wager.

Edited by James DiEugenio

52 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Predictable Wardian reaction.  You get a primary source for a very interesting document.  And he disses it.  

On 6/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, Jason Ward said:

David Von Pein is a much-needed voice of rational evidence-based discussion on this forum.

Jason

LOL

ROTF

Great one Michael.

My apologies if I have missed it but I am wondering why I can't find this document in the Archives or on MFF?

----------------------------------------

Also, I would note that Frankfurt seems to be CIA-Central for Europe.

In my research of of CIA location codes I have come to the tentative conclusion that cities that generate, from the documents, two location codes, one including a 20, have a large or regional CIA HQ; with Frankfurt being the big daddy outside of Langley. The Hague and Luxembourg also have a "20" in their location code.

Another bit of speculation is that the existence of 2 location codes for a city is making a distinction between an individual traveling to/from or being present in a particular city as opposed to traveling to/from or being present in the CIA station in that same city. The "20" indicator indicating the CIA station.

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Boy Malcolm Blunt is just sensational is he not?  The stuff that guy digs up, plus he lives in England.  The material he has sent me on Betsy Wolf and her search for the riddle of Oswald's 201 files really important.  Did you know that the file at one time had over 800 items in it?

Did the HSCA follow up with the son and husband?  Probably not I would wager.

Betsy Wolf, now there is someone I would love to see/hear an interview of.