The Education Forum

LEE HARVEY OSWALD - BIOGRAPHY - ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

Then go to what Tracy told you about, look up the exhibits in the WC and come back and tell us how you cracked the case wide open.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Then go to what Tracy told you about, look up the exhibits in the WC and come back and tell us how you cracked the case wide open.

James I am not here to impress anyone. You have all made your own minds long ago. That's why with few exceptions, this is a cult shop. Now if you want to know how to "crack the case wide open", listen to the wise advice dispensed by JW.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger

Mr. Hagger:

Several people tried to give you advice.  Then you say to one group, but that is someone's interpretation.  Then you say to DVP, but that is someone's interpretation.

At near the beginning, Tracy Parnell referred you to the WC Appendix.  That is usually where any interested party starts.  Not where they end, but where they start.

Why waste time lecturing us on how badly we have done.  We already got that from Ward and Trejo.

Go ahead and get started.  

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Mr. Hagger:

Several people tried to give you advice.  Then you say to one group, but that is someone's interpretation.  Then you say to DVP, but that is someone's interpretation.

At near the beginning, Tracy Parnell referred you to the WC Appendix.  That is usually where any interested party starts.  Not where they end, but where they start.

Why waste time lecturing us on how badly we have done.  We already got that from Ward and Trejo.

Go ahead and get started.  

I was asking for something more recent, you know, something that had been drawn from the past 50 years of research. Well, now I know. According to you lot the book I am looking for does not exist. Either it does exist but it doesn't meet with your own opinionated interpretations, or no one has written such a book that has come to your attention.

Is there any "book" that focuses on Oswald that is 100% free from some interpretative content that could be debated as biased from the writer's perspective?

A compilation of nothing but recorded documentation on Oswald would be free of this.

Aren't there JFK/Oswald research internet sites which are much more ( if not all ) documentation based?

A study of both realms of JFK/Oswald research seems the most rational direction IMO.

And yes, I am biased in certain ways in my take of the JFK assassination  ( and RFK 's ) due to my great personal admiration for JFK and RFK and what they seemed to stand for in my perception of such. I can see this.

However,  I believe the opposite feeling bias balances out my own on the truth seeking scales of Lady Justice.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Any dingus knows that there is no "straight," non-tendencied biography of Oswald, because the obvious prejudices of the publishing industry and of the general public.  There is only propaganda of one stripe or another, or research works that support one of several conclusions about Oswald.  So any posing of the question is disingenuous, and a kind of baiting of the Forum membership.

Edited by David Andrews

5 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Any dingus knows that there is no "straight," non-tendencied biography of Oswald, because the obvious prejudices of the publishing industry and of the general public.  There is only propaganda of one stripe or another, or research works that support one of several conclusions about Oswald.  So any posing of the question is disingenuous, and a kind of baiting of the Forum membership.

David,

No biography is free of interpretation. Otherwise, all you're left with is a chronology.

Steve Thomas

25 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

David,

No biography is free of interpretation. Otherwise, all you're left with is a chronology.

Steve Thomas

I know, but as the poser of the question knows, and as you know, we are not talking about Tolstoy here.

Edited by David Andrews

11 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Baiting is right. Now Mervyn can write his own. 

Steve - agree. 

7 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I was asking for something more recent, you know, something that had been drawn from the past 50 years of research. Well, now I know. According to you lot the book I am looking for does not exist. Either it does exist but it doesn't meet with your own opinionated interpretations, or no one has written such a book that has come to your attention.

No such book exists. Because of the fact that LHO was accused of shooting JFK, readers pretty much expect the writer to get around to the subject of his guilt or innocence sometime before the end. As an example, Mailer wrote a book that was basically two parts. The first part was a biography of LHO in the Soviet Union. The second part was his speculation about Oswald's role in the assassination. Jim D. and I are in agreement for once-start with the Warren Report, which is available online, and go from there. Appendix 13 is a concise chronological biography with citations.