The Education Forum

Records release regarding intercepted messages

37 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

The information being provided by Boxley on the munitions (from the Houma raid?) being destined for the OAS, was not coming from him based on first-hand knowledge, but as second-hand information possibly coming coming from a Hugh Ward, or Jerry Milton Brooks.

image.png.34058941aede0101fe66a0ed50277e02.png

This an interesting website that contains info on Hugh Ward

https://isgp-studies.com/DL_1964_05_23_Hugh_Ward_Guy_Banister_associate_airplane_crash

This website also contains part of a January, 1968 Ramparts article by William Turner on the Garrison investigation that mentions Hugh Ward. In Turner's article, he also talks about the CMC and Permindex.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

Steve - great work on all this. I read the Ramparts article a few months ago. Steve Jaffe, who posts here occasionally , was sent by garrison to France to question an SDECE Officer on the ties between OAS and New Orleans. I think Fensterwald was on all this when he filed his FOIA request. I believe this same SDECE agent, who I think Dick Russell names in his chapter on all this, is the source for Souetre visiting Banister in NO and Walker in Dallas. 

Theres a lot of smoke on the OAS story. It was dismissed too early by investigators because some people who jumped on the French Connection story had facts wrong, such as the names of the Corsican shooters.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://archive.org/stream/EmployeesOfGuyBannister/Employees of Guy Bannister_djvu.txt

Full text of "Employees Of Guy Bannister"

MEMORANDUM TO FILE 

January 6, 1966 

SUBJECT: MISS SHIRLEY BASILE, WF 25 

Office 527-6559 
Home 891-2506 

Resides at 2833 St. CharloS/ Apt. 39 

Worked part time for Guy Banister from 1960 to 1961, 
Also an investigator named Joseph Newbrough worked for Banister 
with Martin. Newbrough spent 5 years in Federal pen for 
cmbezzelment. 

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

28 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

image.thumb.png.55f5dfb540c68c2a4c1add6b0b678291.png

It seems to me that if you were going to do some shipping of crates from the U.S. to France, an import-export company would be the way to do it.

https://ia601209.us.archive.org/7/items/EmployeesOfGuyBannister/Employees of Guy Bannister.pdf

page 23 of a 25 page pdf file.

image.png.26bb6cc59a1350d3bd4f3f4a0a1b9ce8.png

Steve Thomas

23 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

It seems to me that if you were going to do some shipping of crates from the U.S. to France, an import-export company would be the way to do it.

https://ia601209.us.archive.org/7/items/EmployeesOfGuyBannister/Employees of Guy Bannister.pdf

page 23 of a 25 page pdf file.

image.png.26bb6cc59a1350d3bd4f3f4a0a1b9ce8.png

Steve Thomas

Anything else on Miguel Gonzalez? Very curious.

22 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Anything else on Miguel Gonzalez? Very curious.

Sorry - correction - Manuel Gonzalez

6 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Does anyone here think any of the people below may have conspired to kill JFK?

Phillips_etc.jpg

Just wondering....

Yes I do think that. I thought I’d mention that these individuals have connections broader than Cuban exiles and anti Castro movements. Garrison had figured that out, and his researchers were onto the French connection as well as Montreal. I don’t think now and never have thought that the assassination was foreign born. But I have no problem imagining the outsourcing of shooters. As for Hunt, stationed in Madrid as of 1965 but showing up there a few years prior to that, perhaps he was the high up CIA contact for OAS. Garrison thought enough of the French claim that OAS assassins were used that he sent investigators to France to meet personally with SDECE agents to see what light they could shed. The back drop to all this is the east west conflict exemplified by Angleton and Golitsyn on one side and DeGaulle and SDECE on the other. Both Souetre and de Vosjoli approached CIA with info on Soviet penetration of SDECE, while DeGaulle defended his men and pointed at CIA meddling in French affairs. It was SDECE that claimed Souetre was in Dallas on Nov 22, as well as claiming Souetre visited Banister and Walker in the summer of 1963. I don’t see any distance between the guys in your pics and this back drop.

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Yes I do think that. I thought I’d mention that these individuals have connections broader than Cuban exiles and anti Castro movements. Garrison had figured that out, and his researchers were onto the French connection as well as Montreal. I don’t think now and never have thought that the assassination was foreign born. But I have no problem imagining the outsourcing of shooters. As for Hunt, stationed in Madrid as of 1965 but showing up there a few years prior to that, perhaps he was the high up CIA contact for OAS. Garrison thought enough of the French claim that OAS assassins were used that he sent investigators to France to meet personally with SDECE agents to see what light they could shed. The back drop to all this is the east west conflict exemplified by Angleton and Golitsyn on one side and DeGaulle and SDECE on the other. Both Souetre and de Vosjoli approached CIA with info on Soviet penetration of SDECE, while DeGaulle defended his men and pointed at CIA meddling in French affairs. It was SDECE that claimed Souetre was in Dallas on Nov 22, as well as claiming Souetre visited Banister and Walker in the summer of 1963. I don’t see any distance between the guys in your pics and this back drop.

Thanks, Paul.  It’s frustrating that with the mountain of evidence against Phillips and others, there is little as persuasive against potential foreign participants—take OAS assassins in general and Souetre in particular—despite research by a number of people.  There is no question that the trail from Dinkin to OAS remnants to their possible removal from the Dallas area shortly after the assassination is intriguing… but can the evidence rise above that level?  Even what has been uncovered by a dogged online researcher like Steve Thomas is limited, which probably should be expected, but what can we do beyond following real evidence that extends beyond the circumstantial?

As to the actual shooters, I have some difficulty believing that a professional assassin would be interested in shooting a sitting U.S. president in broad daylight on a public street.  Sounds pretty dangerous for someone most interested in making money.  More likely to me would be some enraged Cuban exiles willing to take the risk because of ideological considerations rather than financial ones, but, of course, I have even less evidence to back that up than you do for an OAS connection.   

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Thanks, Paul.  It’s frustrating that with the mountain of evidence against Phillips and others, there is little as persuasive against potential foreign participants—take OAS assassins in general and Souetre in particular—despite research by a number of people.  There is no question that the trail from Dinkin to OAS remnants to their possible removal from the Dallas area shortly after the assassination is intriguing… but can the evidence rise above that level?  Even what has been uncovered by a dogged online researcher like Steve Thomas is limited, which probably should be expected, but what can we do beyond following real evidence that extends beyond the circumstantial?

As to the actual shooters, I have some difficulty believing that a professional assassin would be interested in shooting a sitting U.S. president in broad daylight on a public street.  Sounds pretty dangerous for someone most interested in making money.  More likely to me would be some enraged Cuban exiles willing to take the risk because of ideological considerations rather than financial ones, but, of course, I have even less evidence to back that up than you do for an OAS connection.   

Jim, I agree with regard to the shooters. The shooters would have to be motivated by pure hate and or Ideological motivations. This points to Southern racists and anti-Catholics; or Mafia elements who see untold fortunes for future generations of mobsters being wiped away by inaction in Cuba. Likewise, the French connection is bolstered by the threat of standing down in Vietnam and a passive to negetive US stance towards continued French domination of Algeria. Then there is Israel. It truly is a perfect storm.

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

In this way of viewing it Harvey is tasked with providing assassins. Phillips clearly set Oswald up as a patsy, and could easily be in the loop through JMWAVE, like Harvey. 

10 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

In this way of viewing it Harvey is tasked with providing assassins. Phillips clearly set Oswald up as a patsy, and could easily be in the loop through JMWAVE, like Harvey. 

Paul, What do you make of Newman's recent presentation regarding the DAP AVB LHO Dallas meet? If Newman's assertion that Vecania cannot be trusted, do we still have much to go on when we try to say that Phillips set-up LHO as a Patsy?

If there is more and it's obvious, my apologies, but off the top of the head I cannot recall further evidence of that.

1 minute ago, Michael Clark said:

Paul, What do you make of Newman's recent presentation regarding the DAP AVB LHO Dallas meet? If Newman's assertion that Vecania cannot be trusted, do we still have much to go on when we try to say that Phillips set-up LHO as a Patsy?

If there is more and it's obvious, my apologies, but off the top of the head I cannot recall further evidence of that.

I’ve come to disbelieve Veciana as well. Phillips certainly tried after the event to pin the tail on Castro and implicate Oswald as his chosen assassin. I think Phillips was instrumental in the anti FPCC operation. But right now I can’t come up with anything more. I think that studying Oswald doesn’t necessarily lead us to the big event, since he was not an assassin. It may lead us to many Intelligence shenanigans quite apart from his patsification.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’ve come to disbelieve Veciana as well. Phillips certainly tried after the event to pin the tail on Castro and implicate Oswald as his chosen assassin. I think Phillips was instrumental in the anti FPCC operation. But right now I can’t come up with anything more. I think that studying Oswald doesn’t necessarily lead us to the big event, since he was not an assassin. It may lead us to many Intelligence shenanigans quite apart from his patsification.

Any circumstantial evidence of Phillips' personal involvement with Oswald in his book treatment, The AMLASH Legacy?

Edited by David Andrews

RE: David Atlee Phillips

In a lawsuit brought against Playboy magazine for publishing Jim Garrison's claim that Novel worked for the CIA, Novel testified in deposition that former FBI man Guy Banister was working under CIA operative David Atlee Phillips. Who other than Banister and/or Ferrie could have been instructing the patsy-to-be to act as a Castro-loving commie? Phillips was then Chief of Cuban Operations, Chief of Psychological Operations, and supervised the CIA's surveillance posts in Mexico City (photographic surveillance of the Russian and Cuban Embassies). Who better to direct a plot to blame the assassination on Castro and Cuba?

Parts of Alpha 66 head Veciana's story have corroboration. CIA agent Ron Crozier, who worked in Cuba under Phillips, said that Phillips sometimes used the code name "Maurice Bishop." Phillips later confirmed, under oath in deposition, that he was in Dallas in early September, 1963. The name "Bishop" (likely a reference to Phillips) appears in Jack Ruby's notebook with telephone number RI 87991. 

Who but Phillips had the information needed to compose the 11/9/63 "Comrade Kostin" letter?  The person who wrote this letter had access to confidential data about the Cuban Consulate and Russian Embassy in Mexico City, confidential information about FBI surveillance of Oswald, detailed knowledge of Oswald's Russian wife and family, and, perhaps, access to Ruth Paine's typewriter. 

David Phillips, according to his brother James Phillips, was in Dallas on the day JFK was assassinated. In the summer of 1988, as Phillips was dying of lung cancer, he telephoned his brother James. During their conversation James asked David, "Were you in Dallas on that day?"  David said "Yes," whereupon James quickly hung up the phone.

Hours after the assassination of JFK, Jack Ruby told friends and employees that he could be reached through KLIF Radio.  Jack Ruby and Ft. Worth native David Atlee Phillips were both close friends of Gordon McLendon, owner of radio station KLIF in Dallas. Phillips and McLendon attended school together in Ft. Worth. When Phillips founded the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO), an organization for retired CIA agents, McLendon was one of the founding charter member.

Phillips provided the Warren Commission with information that Oswald was at the Russian and Cuban embassies in Mexico City, then later admitted that the information he had provided was false.  In total there were more than a dozen fabricated plots/plans, created or directed by Phillips, that were intended to link Cuba/Castro to the assassination of President Kennedy.

Before, practically during, and well after the assassination, Phillips just seems to come up in critical areas again and again.  Was that a coincidence?

Much of the above is excerpted from:

https://harveyandlee.net/Patsy/The_Patsy.html

By the way, Newman does not at all think that even if there are problems with Veciana in 1960, that impacts Phillips' role in the plot in 1963.

In fact, he believes Phillips has his fingerprints all over the plot.

Also, take a look at what David Josephs is digging up about Mexico City.  I have said it before and I will say it again:  When he is done, a new paradigm will have been set for MC.