The Education Forum

Robert Morrow's updated Box of JFK assassination books

Robert Morrow sent me the following message:

These books from 1967 are EXTREMELY rare and valuable and they are now available in a PDF at my Box account web site.

I also have included Sen. Carl Curtis book Chapters 8 and 9 of his Forty Years Against the Tide. Those chapters include Senate investigations into LBJ corruption, one on Billie Sol Estes, the other on Bobby Baker. Estes and Baker were two people deeply involved in the kickbacks, under the table money that went to Lyndon Johnson and the amounts were massive. Billie Sol Estes later said that he gave Lyndon Johnson a total of ten million dollars in cash. In today's dollars that would be equal to 84 million dollars. The Kennedys were poised to used the Estes and Baker information to utterly destroy LBJ in the fall of 1963.

https://app.box.com/s/8b408e6999f8799dfd0a

Another book Robert Morrow has just added to his Box:

“The Case Against the Kennedy Clan (In the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy)” by Joachim Joesten, May 1968

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-jfkother/id/1175

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2018 at 2:41 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

These books from 1967 are EXTREMELY rare and valuable

Thank you for this treasure which took most of a week to read. I spent more time on Carl Curtis than I had thoughts of him my whole life; I learned more about Bobby Baker, but the most impactful read for me was was the one by  JoachimJoesten challenging Robert Kennedy to start the search- with relentless energy - about his brother's murderers. Many people thought such thoughts. The date of the article stops all further inquiry--it's a week before RFK is killed and the urgency and context and appropriateness of the whole article evaporates.

23 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

Thank you for this treasure which took most of a week to read. I spent more time on Carl Curtis than I had thoughts of him my whole life; I learned more about Bobby Baker, but the most impactful read for me was was the one by  JoachimJoesten challenging Robert Kennedy to start the search- with relentless energy - about his brother's murderers. Many people thought such thoughts. The date of the article stops all further inquiry--it's a week before RFK is killed and the urgency and context and appropriateness of the whole article evaporates.

Having read most of the article I think I can safely say that the author would have a very different take on the Kennedy Clan’s seeming acceptance of the Warren Report today. RFK JR’s new book, as well as David Talbot’s earlier book ‘Brothers’, both make clear that RFK had no power to change anything until and unless he became President, and that he knew the WR was fiction. 

The Joesten article says things that perhaps needed to be said, and makes important challenges, but it does so with hyperbole, tactlessness, and a naivete about what was at stake for RFK and the Kennedy family.  This is more invective than journalism or history, as if Joesten feels RFK is not taking as many risks as Joesten himself is.  It's useful. though, for the descriptions of Johnson-did-it sentiments among insiders.

Edited by David Andrews

Robert Morrow told me a few years back that he thought he had a copy of Peter Dale Scott's THE DALLAS CONSPIRACY lying around and was prepared to scan it. I contacted Peter and asked if he was okay if it was put online. Peter thought about it then said yes, so long as he could write a brief introduction for the volume. I said no problem, of course you can, then Robert got back to me and said he couldn't find his copy of that manuscript anymore. If anyone is still in touch with Robert let him know the interest is still there and Peter has given his approval if there's still a copy lying around.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, Anthony Thorne said:

Robert Morrow told me a few years back that he thought he had a copy of Peter Dale Scott's THE DALLAS CONSPIRACY lying around and was prepared to scan it. I contacted Peter and asked if he was okay if it was put online. Peter thought about it then said yes, so long as he could write a brief introduction for the volume. I said no problem, of course you can, then Robert got back to me and said he couldn't find his copy of that manuscript anymore. If anyone is still in touch with Robert let him know the interest is still there and Peter has given his approval if there's still a copy lying around.

Thanks, Anthony for this update. I'm sending Robert Morrow a link to this posting.