The Education Forum

Book Excerpt-Fred Litwin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Garrison got too close to the truth, Sandy. The powers that be have to continue to try to destroy his legacy.

Do you really believe that Fred Litwin is one of the "powers that be?" Speaking for myself, I am just a guy in my pajamas posting on forums for my own entertainment and to hopefully sway folks away from silly theories.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

It is not unusual for an author to release one chapter free to promote a book.

Well, that would explain why he chose a chapter that had the letters "SEX" in it.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Do you really believe that Fred Litwin is one of the "powers that be?" Speaking for myself, I am just a guy in my pajamas posting on forums for my own entertainment and to hopefully sway folks away from silly theories.

Some of Garrison's "silly theories" were even endorsed by the House Select Committe, such as Oswald's connection to Guy Bannister and David Ferrie.

If this is an example of Litwin's book, then what a waste of trees.  And it explains why no one is buying it. And why Parnell likes it.

That excerpt is nothing but a collection of discredited anti Garrison cliches that are older than the hills.

There is not one sentence based on any of the remarkably important documents that the ARRB has already released on the subject.

Garrison raided gay bars?  What  a howler.  Garrison raided the B girl drinking saloons, and he did it quite effectively.  Because they sold watered down liquor in a cheap hustle for sex and booze.  He deliberately did not use the police, since they protected the scam.  No one had ever done anything that effective against this kind of vice charge. All prior attempts had been half hearted or had failed when they raised too much controversy.  No one thought Garrison would keep it up in the face of that. But he did. In one night Garrison arrested 33 people.  In two days he shut down nine clubs.  It went on for months.  Garrison hired completely new people who would not be recognized by the patrons of the clubs.

Litwin completely misses the point of how this impacted Garrison's search for Bertrand.  Garrison did so much economic damage to the Quarter that people who knew that Bertrand was Clay Shaw would not tell him so.  Therefore, when Lou Ivon now told him that this was probably why they were not getting any cooperation, Garrison decided not to be on the searches anymore.  So now they did get some people to talk to them about who Bertrand was. 

Today, there are now fourteen witnesses on the record who certify that Shaw was Bertrand. You can find them in Bill Davy's book, or in the second edition of Destiny Betrayed. (pp. 210-11) Litwin's book, if this is an example, is another cover up book.

• 2 months later...

How hard up is Litwin?

First, he hangs out now at McRae's menagerie.  You know, where people go who have been thrown out of here.

He gets a good review from Max Holland.  (Yawn)

And he thinks that is some kind of achievement!  And he brags about it over there.

Now, has he acknowledged any of the errors I pointed out in my two reviews of his worthless book?  Nope.

He acknowledges the reviews, but not the mistakes i elucidated. Smart guy.

BTW, this is the guy who uses Tom Canning to support the Single Bullet Fantasy.  Not acknowledging that Pat Speer demolished him.

Yep him and Daneil Pipes are birds of a feather.  Facts do not matter.  Politics does.

What he is doing over there points out the difference between this forum and McRae's and why I would never post there.

He is saying that Shaw was not Bertrand and there is no evidence he was.  And no one calls him out with specifics.

This proves what I wrote in my review of his excerpted chapter on Garrison.   Either Litwin did utterly no research in the new files, or he is simply l-y-i-n-g.  There is one other alternative.  He has now become such an O'Reilly triple distilled culture warrior that the truth does not matter to him: there is an enshrined objective which includes deceiving the public.

To  point out how utterly false and deluded Litwin is, all one has to do is look at Bill Davy's fine book on Garrison, Let Justice Be Done. That book was based on what Litwin's book is bereft of: ARRB declassified docs. 

Davy shows that the FBI, and the Justice Department, through a variety of sources, knew that Shaw was Bertrand back in 1963-64.  (p. 193)   And in Cartha DeLoach's declassified memo, he writes that several parties had given the Bureau information about Shaw relating to the JFK case back in December of 1963! (p. 192)  At the Shaw trial Regis Kennedy admitted on the stand, under oath,  that before he talked to Dean Andrews, he was investigating the JFK case.  He then said he was looking for Bertand in relation to that case. (p. 194)

Now, if that is not enough for you, let us go to  the second edition of Destiny Betrayed. Ed Guthman of the Justice Department knew that Shaw was Bertrand.  And finally, we have it from the horse's mouth.  Andrews admitted such was the case to Weisberg, on the condition he would not tell anyone. (Jim DiEugenio, Destiny Betrayed, second edition, p. 388)

And I should add, these are only the witnesses and evidence outside of Garrison's files, and also excluding the witnesses Joan Mellen found in the French Quarter who would not talk to Garrison because of his B girl drinking raids. (The fruity Litwin actually wrote that these were gay bar raids.  I told him this could not be true since the guys were buying drinks for girls.  Maybe I should draw him a picture to illustrate the difference?)

But this is how utterly worthless his book is.  It is not a book, it is a political tract.  And it shows just what the problem is with the JFK case.  Due to CBS and NBC way back in 1967, it has become a political football field, not a homicide case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 11/9/2018 at 9:12 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

What motivated Fred Litwin to write and market this obvious disinformation about Jim Garrison and the JFK assassination?

This question came up on the original thread on this forum when he published his book.

Does it have something to do with Clay Shaw and the CIA's alleged involvement with Permindex and the Mossad?

As I recall, Litwin had previously described himself as a "Zionist."

I don't think that is it.  Although he does use that whole MItrokhin stuff about Permindex being a KGB disinfo story through Paesa Sera.  What a crock of crap that is.  

I mean with the material out of the Bloomfield archives through Maurice Phillips, and the new Metta book.  Permindex was anything but a disinfo story.

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

But I do think there is a far right political faction in North America that will tolerate no criticism of Israel, I mean none.  And these people are now part of the GOP really.  I mean can you imagine Boehner allowing Benjy N to speak to the House in defiance of the White House?

But its also a part of the whole hard right Daniel and Richard Pipes school that will not tolerate any kind of conspiracy thinking or even alternative to MSM history.

RIchard Pipes rose to a high position in the Reagan administration after being part of the Team B network in the late seventies with Nitze and CIA Director George HW Bush. The whole point of that was to actually move to the right of the CIA on the Russian threat.  With Bush's help they did and then when Reagan won, Pipes became a heavy hitter on foreign policy, in fact he was on the NSC.

Pipes, like all these other experts e.g. Condolezza Rice, were completely wrong about Gorbachev.  In fact, Nixon and Kissinger actually told Reagan's advisors not to let Reagan in the same room alone with Gorby.  And this helped blow the great offer of the Iceland agreement.  Like many of these guys, Pipes came out of the Henry Jackson entourage e.g. Richard Perle. The kind of anti communist Democrats that JFK did not like.  But the combination of the hardcore GOP with the Jackson Democrats managed to marginalize scholars like Steve Cohen, who was correct about Gorbachev.

In my view, these people had an agenda that was really discernible.  They either wanted a completely wrecked USSR, or a return to the Cold War.  Because of their stupidity, they got both.  When Gorbachev could not bring anything of substance home, even though he made so many great proposals, he lost too much capital.  This caused the attempted coup and the rise of the drunken buffoon Yeltsin--the worst thing to happen to Russia since the disastrous reign of the last of the Romanovs.  And we did everything we could to keep him in power, like rigging Russian elections.  Which is OK with these guys from Russiagate.  Then when the Russian people had enough of starvation, economic ruin and the rise of a thieving billionaire class, all made possible by Yeltsin, that led to Putin who at least gave then back some national self respect.

To me there is nothing worse than  a man like Richard Pipes who gives the far right an intellectual veneer for its engine of folly and ruin. His son Daniel Pipes is a backer of Litwin. In  fact, they have a mutual admiration kinship.

Edited by James DiEugenio