The Education Forum

Paul:

The indications are that they are lying.

I have a CIA report from 11/23/63  on the phone communications at the Soviet Embassy.  Not one mention of Oswald being at that embassy.

Pretty incredible.

My idea about all this KGB endorsing of CIA legends is that I agree with Amy Wright, the illustrious Russian scholar.  She does not come out and say it, but she suggests that once the USSR started to crumble, and money got scarce, a lot of these guys decided, heck, there is no USSR anymore, Yeltsin is a drunken buffoon who is selling off the country anyway, so why not curry favor with the Brits and Americans and maybe make some money overtly and covertly.

And the Anglo/Americans were all too eager to oblige.  And boy did the former Russians do all they could to give the Americans what they wanted.  There were literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table to be made.  And that was just overtly.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

The indications are that they are lying.

I have a CIA report from 11/23/63  on the phone communications at the Soviet Embassy.  Not one mention of Oswald being at that embassy.

Pretty incredible.

My idea about all this KGB endorsing of CIA legends is that I agree with Amy Wright, the illustrious Russian scholar.  She does not come out and say it, but she suggests that once the USSR started to crumble, and money got scarce, a lot of these guys decided, heck, there is no USSR anymore, Yeltsin is a drunken buffoon who is selling off the country anyway, so why not curry favor with the Brits and Americans and maybe make some money overtly and covertly.

And the Anglo/Americans were all too eager to oblige.  And boy did the former Russians do all they could to give the Americans what they wanted.  There were literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table to be made.  And that was just overtly.

That makes logical sense. I have a feeling that there was Deep State Military/industrial (big money) collusion decades earlier, and that when Krushchev referred to his own ‘hardliners’ he was pointing the finger in that direction. Vince Salandria even opined that the conspiracy to kill JFK may have included elements from both US and Soviet Intelligence. 

Edited by Paul Brancato