The Education Forum

Controlling The Past - 2019

Gary Murr

Hello Everyone:

As a result of ongoing requests from fellow researchers over the past several years, in particular recent visits to Dallas and the NID conferences, I have made a decision to make available to anyone interested my three volume work on the wounding of John Connally. Titled "Controlling The Past," this trilogy was constructed by myself over a span of some two decades beginning in the spring of 1993. It culminated with my decision to end my writing on this subject in April of 2013. In total the three volumes exceed 2400 pages in length, accompanied in turn with 5500+ footnotes and more than 180 diagrams, photographs, and exhibits, most of which are of my own construct.

I will be releasing volume 1, "Chained To Fate" via a link I will post within the next 48 hours. The remaining two volumes will be made available over the next few weeks.

Gary Murr

Gary, you make Vince Bugliosi look like an amateur.

He had about 2600 pages, but that was on the whole case and each aspect.

Thanks, Jim. Now I am waiting for you to drop the other shoe - you know the one about how I am taking longer than Lifton!! 

Just kidding, of course. Hope you find the work of interest. One of the things that I did do in constructing this work was to really concentrate on the way the Connally wounding was approached by the Warren Commission and members of its staff. To that end I spent one entire week at NARA going through some of the 50,000+ pages that comprise the J. Lee Rankin Papers. I ended up copying about 7000 pages of documents from the Rankin collection and use their content in this work.

Gary

Gary:

I look forward to reading your book,  it will have an honorary place in my digital library. I wonder if you also covered any associations between Connally and Earle Cabell in the time preceding assassination, and Connally's role in making Trade Mart the luncheon venue.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

Hi Andrej:

The Connally input into the Trade Mart luncheon venue decision is covered in volume 3. As to specifics between Connally and Earle Cabell, I do not recall, off the top of my head, specifics. I did put this writing aside, satisfied to myself that I was willing to let it "end" some six plus years ago. As many are aware, I have spent the bulk of my spare time over the past eight years working on a different subject matter involved in the events of November 22, 1963. I am currently in the process of working my way through volume 2, again because of the passage of over six years since I actually looked at this material. As you will see in a small addendum intro I have affixed to my initial note to the reader in volume 1, I have neither the time nor the inclination to rework a writing of this size. I do acknowledge that there have obviously been many "new" revelations, in particular document releases that have occurred over the past two years and I have made and will continue to make minor tweaks and/or additions to that which I wrote many years ago - but not to any great extent. The decision to let the work be received as it was intended is mine, consequences aside.

Gary

Gary, I greatly appreciate and admire your pioneering work on the Tippit

case, which was done at a time when almost no one cared to look into it.

Those of us who have written on Tippit since then owe you a great debt. I look forward to reading your work on Connally.

Congratulations on finishing this magnum opus!

Thank you for the kind words, Joe - much appreciated. And might I add how much I appreciated and enjoyed reading "Into The Nightmare..." Your work on the Tippit killing is exemplary and should be read by anyone with any interest in the truth of the events of November 22, 1963.

Hi Gary:

May I add my congratulations and sincere thanks to you for all your work over many years, and all the help you have given so willingly to me and and many others. I wholeheartedly agree with Joe McBride's comments about your early work on the Tippit case - outstanding, and it has stood the test of time. I am eagerly awaiting reading "Chained To Fate" in due course.

5 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

I for one look forward to this as well. Keep 'em coming Gary.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Chris Scally said:

Hi Gary:

May I add my congratulations and sincere thanks to you for all your work over many years, and all the help you have given so willingly to me and and many others. I wholeheartedly agree with Joe McBride's comments about your early work on the Tippit case - outstanding, and it has stood the test of time. I am eagerly awaiting reading "Chained To Fate" in due course.

I thank both of your for your kind words. As you are probably aware, links to Volume 1, "Chained To Fate", have been posted today by myself. I am currently working on  Volume 2 and hope to have it finished by the end of the week.

Gary

Gary:

I have downloaded your Volume 1 and had a chance to scroll through some of the chapters. This work appears complete and unusually well researched and documented. Would there still be a chance to maybe publish it as a book, even if as a Kindle book? It is a great achievement and a published book would be an appropriate way to crown your great effort.

I will read your book with great interest.

Thanks for giving us chance to read.

Geez, 2400 pages.  How will I get someone to review this for me?

Gary, do you have a brother?