The Education Forum

Dorothy Kilgallen - Ruby, Tippitt, and Wiseman Meeting

1 hour ago, Denis Morissette said:

We can discuss this to no end, but we can all agree that there was most probably no such meeting. Thanks.

Why would anyone ever give the benefit of the doubt to Jack Ruby regards his WC testimony being more truthful than not?

Here is a guy who went over the insanity line when he ran down the DPD basement ramp the morning of 11,24,1963, furtively and deliberately lined himself up right behind one of his police buddies William "Blackie" Harrison to get as close to the paraded Oswald as he could to then pull out his Colt Cobra and blast Oswald in the gut.

Ruby's actions that morning were just as irrational and insane as the person who fired the kill shot into JFK's head the Friday before.

Ruby knew he was surrounded by dozens of armed and edgy Dallas Police officers and that his Oswald shooting could have meant his instant death if just "one" of the police force in the basement pulled their own gun and blasted him.

Amazing this didn't happen.

Yet, Ruby's deluded mind over-rode this rational thinking and his decision to shoot Oswald was the essence of irrational insanity.

And we know that Ruby started lying within minutes of being subdued and arrested. The things he said to the police interrogators such as saving Mrs. Kennedy from a trial appearance back in Dallas.

Ruby lied about so many things afterwords.

The WC laid off so many other areas of Ruby's life and doings in the past such as whether he ever ran guns or was the bag man for such illegal activities, same with drugs and whether he set up gambling engagements  or engaged in prostitution masked as providing others with female companionship.

Then there was Ruby's informant status with the FBI which Journalist Seth Kantor discovered by accessing FBI records through the Freedom Of Information Act.

Ruby lied about his Chicago and Detroit Mafia connections.

Kantor's book on Ruby list official phone records that prove Ruby's phone calling to these organized crime figures ( top hit men!) increased significantly during the month leading to 11,22,1963.

The WC decided to take this XXXXX word over the highly credible Seth Kantor regards Kantor's detailed recollection of running into and even talking to Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital the early afternoon of 11,22,1963.

Ruby lied about this and said he instead went directly back to his club after leaving the Dallas Morning News offices around 1:PM that day.

With all this documented proof of Ruby's lying, it would be illogical to consider his testimony of this meeting never happening as credible versus not credible.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, Lewis Reynolds said:

I'm just listening to a radio show about Dorothy Kilgallen.

It mentions that Dorothy got information from someone else that she published in an article.

This information was about a meeting, 8 days before the assassination, between Jack Ruby, Officer Tippitt and Bernard Wiseman at Rubys club.

Supposedly the Warren Commission knew about this meeting and choose to ignore it as they had been told a fourth man was at it (a Texan oilman).

Does anyone have anymore information about this meeting? Has this been written about before? Who was Bernard Wiseman?

Thanks in advance.

No documentation I've ever seen, though possible.  Key to me is this maybe part of Kilgallen's  notes?  Given to her best friend who died the day after her of a cerebral hemorrhage, related to Cancer???  Cerebral Hemorrhage's are related to head trauma.

Okay, so no documentation proving "this particular meeting," but how much do we know about Ruby's relationship to DPD patrol officer Tippit?

If this was more than what one would expect then this would be strong evidence of something else to consider with credible suspicion, especially since Tippit was supposedly killed by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Coincidence?

According to Joseph McBride, Tippit was a man with some hidden truth and emotional health issues baggage.

Post traumatic stress from his war experience perhaps?

And he was never promoted from the patrol division even after 11 years on the force?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

No documentation I've ever seen, though possible.  Key to me is this maybe part of Kilgallen's  notes?  Given to her best friend who died the day after her of a cerebral hemorrhage, related to Cancer???  Cerebral Hemorrhage's are related to head trauma.

And Kilgallen's notes disappeared with her friend's death, the day after hers?  That is worthy of further inquiry, but how now?

Edited by Ron Bulman

11 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

We can discuss this to no end, but we can all agree that there was most probably no such meeting. Thanks.

It is established that Kilgallen had an exclusive, private interview with Ruby, after the assassination. That would lend credence to a her having-had prior contact with him. So, it seems not-so far fetched and even more likely than not. 

4 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

It is established that Kilgallen had an exclusive, private interview with Ruby, after the assassination. That would lend credence to a her having-had prior contact with him. So, it seems not-so far fetched and even more likely than not. 

I was talking about the Weismann/Ruby/rich oil man meeting.

And How has the Kilgallen/Ruby meeting been established?

19 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

I don’t know... the testimony, here by Earl Warren, is that Mark Lane made the assertion based on an unnamed source. Mark Lane withheld the source, and Thayer Waldo is not mentioned at all. 

Warren states that he invited Mark Lane to testify but Lane refused. Ruby doesn’t even deny it; he just rambles and never gives a straight answer.

Denis, I appreciate your effort to raise the level of the “informed” aspect of the informed discourse, but, unless I am mistaken, you are asking us to dismiss a notion as debunked when it really hasn't been. We are only, here, seeing that it wasn’t established by the WC, or Ruby. Have you chased down Lane or Waldo for authentication for this; and found the claim dismissible? It would seem to be something that they would have revisited.

Does Lane say that he refused to testify to the WC? I believe that he said that he was not asked to testify. I’ll have to check that.

***edit. I am seein Israel’s Mention of secret testimony by Mark Lane

Edited by Michael Clark

1 minute ago, Denis Morissette said:

I don't have any info on the case than what we have here. I'm always skeptical of anything coming out from the mouth of Mark Lane or Thayor Waldo. I don't want to discouraging anyone from investigating anything.

Denis, do you have a good, balanced, critical assessment that one can read about Lane? I find myself developing bias when I sense undue, unfair, or untrue criticism of a particular person. I would like to have a more balanced perspective on him. For the life of me I can’t figure out how the heck he ended-up in Jonestown, Guyana, for the massacre.