The Education Forum

CIA Assassination Manual

Douglas Caddy

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The authenticity of this document has been questioned. Of course the CIA claimed it is a KGB forgery and the KGB isn't above that. I also don't think the CIA is above producing something like this either. I rate it as questionable at best FWIW.

5 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

The authenticity of this document has been questioned. Of course the CIA claimed it is a KGB forgery and the KGB isn't above that. I also don't think the CIA is above producing something like this either. I rate it as questionable at best FWIW.

I've had this document for 15 years or more. I received it on a CD-rom comprising the thousands of documents released in the early '90's related to the Guatemalan coup. It was created for the para-military trainers of the Guatemalan troops we were training to overthrow Arbenz.  (It seems likely , then, that this was used by Rip Robertson and David Sanchez Morales.)  In any event, after receiving this document I did quite a bit of reading on its history, and found some articles from the early '90's regarding its release. As a result, I see no reason to question its authenticity. The only "researchers" I have encountered who have questioned its authenticity, moreover, have been gun nuts upset by the manual's discussion of subsonic .22 ammunition, which they consider un-manly. 

P.S. I just googled it and found that not only does the CIA not deny the authenticity of this manual, they preserve it on their website. Here's the link: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000135832.pdf

Edited by Pat Speer

8 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Didn't wild Bill Harvey write down, never write anything down?  Sometime before giving up one of his guns on entrance to the Oval office?

And yet we have pages of his ZRRIFLE notes detailing how to build an assassination unit.. the real CIA manual  

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=56542#relPageId=2&tab=page  

img_56542_2_300.png

22 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I've had this document for 15 years or more. I received it on a CD-rom comprising the thousands of documents released in the early '90's related to the Guatemalan coup. It was created for the para-military trainers of the Guatemalan troops we were training to overthrow Arbenz.  (It seems likely , then, that this was used by Rip Robertson and David Sanchez Morales.)  In any event, after receiving this document I did quite a bit of reading on its history, and found some articles from the early '90's regarding its release. As a result, I see no reason to question its authenticity. The only "researchers" I have encountered who have questioned its authenticity, moreover, have been gun nuts upset by the manual's discussion of subsonic .22 ammunition, which they consider un-manly. 

P.S. I just googled it and found that not only does the CIA not deny the authenticity of this manual, they preserve it on their website. Here's the link: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000135832.pdf

Ah! I stand corrected. I must have been thinking of the Army Field Manual 30_31b or something. Not a huge shocker they would produce something like that. Killing for Dummies kind of thing.