The Education Forum

Oswald's language abilities and evidence related to his Soviet soujourn (1959-63)

Oops - double posting by mistake!

John, on Sandy's opinion - I just don't see why an agent would be treated like dirt like Oswald was - can anyone explain that?  

On your question about Oswald's diversion when he got to Europe - my thinking is that he was kept "on ice" until the military found out Webster's location - that's why a 2 week freighter right was the perfect way to keep LHO on ice - that whole period of time, no one knew where Oswald was - within a day after they found that out, as I recall, Oswald got off the freighter before it reached its final destination and headed straight for Helsinki.

They scoured the commercial flights, and couldn't figure out how he got to Helsinki.  The best speculation is that it was by military transport - that's why there was no trace.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think a closer look at Lykes Steamship is in order? Bill, where do you surmise that Oswald got his cue to board the ship? And why that one in particular to France? 
a former poster whose name escapes me used to post his theory that General Edwin Walker was traveling at the same time, and was on a military transport form London to Finland at about the same time Oswald was trying to get to Helsinki. I might be a bit fuzzy on those details. 

To read that one line about SRD/DDP Chief Nelson Brickham and U.S. Consul Richard Snyder in your revised "The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend
Part 1: Mother, Meyer, and the Spotters
", opens up a whole barrel of worms, Mr. Simpich

I mean, I have suspected for a long while that some element of Lee Harvey Oswald's mission in Russia (if he was sent there by an element of the Directorate of Plans, Soviet Russia Division as a covert operator) was to gather factual information about potential first-strike targets, in terms of viable military planning for what targets personnel in the Pentagon were getting ready to destroy, if the order was given to slaughter the Russian and Chinese people in a nuclear holocaust (wasn't Oswald involved in some target identification missions with U-2 "Dragon Lady" overflights into China when he was stationed at Naval Air Station Atsugi, Marine Air Control Squadron 1).

And of course, one does not have to venture into the realm of speculation, considering some of Robert Webster's files were in the hands of Robert Trumbull Crowley, the Directorate of Operations liaison to Angleton's Counterintelligence staff; Robert Crowley also controlled files on Frank Angelo Fiorini and Gerald Patrick "Jerry" Hemming: 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10181-10128.pdf

Robert Webster appears to have been debriefed by elements of the US Air Force's Foreign Technology Desk at Wright Patterson (the Chief of the Pentagon's Foreign Technology Desk was Lt. Col. Philip James Corso, who pitted the CIA, FBI and State Department against each other concerning false information about Lee Oswald's bonafides; Lt. Col. Corso also controlled "stay-behind" elements and helped create Nazi ratline escape routes:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10182-10065.pdf

It would appear to me as if Oswald (and others like him) were on some type of highly exotic, long-range reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition mission, taking photographs of roads, street signs, and trying to figure out where military hardware production facilities were located and covertly transmitting said information back to the war-planning elements of the US intelligence community (say thru "stay-behind" Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists-Bandera terrorists connected to Spas T. Raikin's "Anti-Bolshevik Nations-Asian People Anti-Communist League" structure, which tracks right back to the FBI-CIA-American Nazi Party connected 544 Camp Street "Legión Extranjera Anticomunista del Caribe" of Col. Orlando Piedra Negueruela, Jose Joaquin Sanjenis Perdomo "AMOT-2" and William Guy Banister).

It seems to me like Oswald (or several look-alikes and double-dangles) had a similar mission when he was working at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, producing maps with target information about ICBMs (or photoshopped information to fool liberal, de-escalation elements of the Kennedy White House and Pentagon) in Cuba, or sending covert information from the anti-Castro terrorist community to hardliners in the Pentagon on maps using "microdots" (strange that the CIA-FBI liaison in 1963, Samuel J. Papich, was the man who blew the lid on the Nazi's microdot communication system during WWII and George de Mohrenschildt's cousin, Baron Konstantin von Maydell was allegedly an Abwehr agent or propagandist). 

The fact that Oswald fully expected to work for National Aeronautics and Space Administration (while he was working at the CIA-connected "Reily Coffee Company" with Jean-Pierre Lafitte, George Hunter White's “QJ/WIN” asset), appears to indicate some type of connection between the intelligence gathering capabilities of the anti-Castro terrorist operations and NASA's Security Division.

The following document shows a direct liaison between the revanchist anti-communist mafia-connected Director of the FBI John Edgar Hoover, the Assistant Chief of Security for NASA Bartley A. Fugler, himself a former secret service agent under President Truman (didn't Truman suffer from lapses in his personal security?) and a conduit of information directly to Senator James Oliver Eastland's Senate Internal Security Subcommittee (Senator Eastland was a known lobbyist for Rafael Leónidas Trujillo Martínez, who in 1962 gave Prince Junio Valerio Borghese two-billion lire for his commando training of Italian-based Organisation de l'Armée Secrète assassins; Rafael Leónidas Trujillo was also funding William Guy Banister's 544 Camp Street located "Legión Extranjera Anticomunista del Caribe" terrorist front group), the Cuban Revolutionary Council (itself a massive CIA front, run by "JM/WAVE" assets like Sergio Arcacha Smith, Manuel Francisco Artime Buesa, William Guy Banister, Manuel Antonio de Varona y Loredo and others) and "stay-behind" elements operation in Cuba:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32318851.pdf

Here are the documents:

nasafbi1.jpg

nasafbi2.jpg

nasafbi3.jpg

nasafbi4.jpg

*I should note, around the same time this liaison between NASA's security teams, the FBI and the CIA-controlled terrorist front "Cuban Revolutionary Council" took place, the Administrative Director of the "American Security Council" William K. Lambie Jr. was in direct contact with CIA terrorist Manuel Francisco Artime Buesa, a close associate of "Operation 40" assassin Everette "Eduardo" Howard Hunt Jr. 

William K. Lambie Jr. was formerly chief of intelligence for the FBI's "Mafia" desk.

That, and George Russell Wackenhut (William K. Lambie Jr.'s close friend on the "Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI"; here is a link proving that: http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/F Disk/FBI/FBI Miscellaneous 1972/Item 01.pdf) provided security for NASA, the Atomic Energy Commission test bases, RedBird Airport in Dallas, Texas and "assistance" for Clay LaVerne Shaw's defense team.

Here a link also connecting William K. Lambie Jr. to Patrick Joseph Frawley Jr. (of "Information Council of the Americas" infamy), William Douglas Pawley (a JM/WAVE asset), and Senator Thomas Joseph Dodd (who oversaw investigations into the illegal gun-smuggling [think Jack Ruby's Cuban adventures] and the "Fair Play for Cuba Committee" and lobbied for the Belgian company "Société Générale de Belgique-Union Minière du Haut-Katanga's" covert support for Moïse Tshombe to be leader of breakaway Katanga):

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/08/17/archives/anticommunist-council-prepares-a-voting-index-on-congress.html

A very tight network of hardline, anti-Kennedy intelligence assets...

Edited by Robert Montenegro

5 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

John, on Sandy's opinion - I just don't see why an agent would be treated like dirt like Oswald was - can anyone explain that?

Bill,

I would think a defector was escaping from something and running towards something better.  At least in the defector's mind.  So, Oswald was leaving a bad situation and moving towards a better situation.  At least that's what I would think would be the case.  He would have to be treated badly for his defection to work.  Courts Martial, demotions, and time in the brig would make him seem to be more disaffected and willing to look for a better future. 

Later this would help when he was trying to work his way into situations such as the anti-Castro and pro-Castro crowds.  In other words his failed military career would help with his cover story in whatever he was doing.  I think Oswald made a big mistake somewhere that put him in the Patsy's Seat.

That aside, I would like to get your thoughts on something different.  This thread is about Oswald's language ability.  What's you opinion of the Tippit phone call and Oswald being the son of a Hungarian communist immigrant.  During researching that idea the following came up:

oswalds-personal-books.jpg

These books were in Oswald's personal possessions.  The Circus Maximus is a book of poems written in Hungarian and by a Hungarian communist.  It was published in 1962 and as far as I know the book has never been translated into English.  This might indicate that Oswald could also read/speak Hungarian.

The other book is an early copy of the Communist Manifesto from the 1920s or 30s.  The price is 15 cents which indicates it is a book handed down to Oswald and not bought recently on the market in the 1950s or 1960s.

Much thought was given to the idea that Oswald may have been a Russian refugee brought to New York through refugee organizations and raised by Hungarians in New York.  We really could not put any real evidence behind this notion.  Just the Tippit phone call, information on the Gardos and other New York communists, circumstantial connections, and a lot of speculation.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by John Butler

Sorry, John, I am familiar with the stories of the Tippit phone call and Oswald being the son of a Hungarian immigrant.  I think there are not enough data points on either one to do anything with it that I know of.

Paul, the Lykes ship definitely needs a closer look.  There was just a few passengers on the freighter.  Here's the passenger list.   One was Billy Joe Lord, about Oswald's age.  By 1977, Lord was a Texas journalist with the Midland Reporter-Telegram.  He wrote Jimmy Carter about his concerns about CIA being engaged in a coup d'etat with the JFK case.  He said that he and others could testify that the CIA did not do a "real investigation" into Oswald "the defector of 1959".  

Lord then met with the FBI and said (note:  Angleton's buddy) Edward Epstein (who wrote the horrifying Legend about this case, based on tips from Angleton), Henry Hurt (who in the eighties wrote a good book on the JFK case) and others at Reader's Digest were leaning hard on Lord for an interview, and he didn't like what was going on around him with a home break-in while in Japan (his papers were rifled thru, nothing was stolen) and similar weird-xxxx activities.  Even George Bush, Jr. got dragged into trying to make him talk!

Passenger George Church had a military background - recently retired (he could have been a spy, keeping an eye on Oswald!)  - and didn't like LHO.  He was shook up when the engineer said he thought Oswald was a "smart kid".

The Lykes company had a spooky history - this is from Joan Mellen:

Michael J. P. Malone...conferred regularly with CIA’s David Atlee Phillips, whom he gave a code name: Phillips was his “Chivas Regal Friend.” Malone, Kleberg, and Phillips, along with a high-ranking Western Hemisphere officer named Radford Herbert, discussed which Latin American countries deserved loans from the United States, and which did not. Colombia and Argentina were high on their list. Chile was low and was to be refused loans because they had voted against the U.S. at Punta del Este.

These men referred to John F. Kennedy as if he were a child. His nickname was “Little Boy Blue.” JFK was “soft” and naïve. Bobby Kennedy they termed “a strong-minded individual and if he made a decision would carry it out.” Chivas Regal and Radford Herbert both advised Malone and Kleberg to work on Bobby.

Kleberg also funded CIA’s front for labor in Latin America (“The American Institute For Free Labor Development” aka AIFLD) and opposed the Alliance for Progress. Malone met with Robert Kennedy and was pleased to learn that he planned to persuade his brother, the president, to fire Arthur Schlesinger.

In 1960, Kleberg also contributed money to a plot to assassinate Fidel Castro, where he joined with a Mr. Lykes of Lykes Steamship Company and a United Fruit Company representative. Their idea was to assassinate Fidel and Raul Castro, also Che Guevara, and then take over the Cuban Government and place at its head one Francisco Caneas. The MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD describing this plan is titled: Cuban Revolutionary Activity in Florida and is dated 15 January 1960.

9 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Does anyone think a closer look at Lykes Steamship is in order? Bill, where do you surmise that Oswald got his cue to board the ship? And why that one in particular to France?

On September 4, 1959, Oswald applied for a passport to attend the Albert Schweitzer College. He said that he would be leaving on the Grace Lines on September 21, 1959. A week later, he booked passage on the Lykes Lines.

Why?

image.png.3453911fface805763c35baf81aa6ac4.png

Affidavit of Billie Joe Lord:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/lord.htm

3. On September 20, 1959, I boarded the freighter S.S. Marion Lykes at New Orleans. Upon boarding the ship, I was shown to my room, and when I got there, Lee Harvey Oswald was already there and moving in.

Steve Thomas

Thanks, Steve.  This shows that LHO gave the Passport Office a big heads-up that he planned to go to Russia - and that he planned to go the Schweitzer School for college - although it didn't start until April 1960.

This has been one of the bases of my thinking that going to Russia was not a "sure thing".  I think he got called into duty when he left France and made a beeline to Helsinki when Robert Webster reappeared and made it clear that he was defecting.

Webster was not the master of his fate - not by a long shot.  And, granted that Oswald's Russian skills were very good - he seems very manipulated to me.  The big manipulation that he was able to do was pretend he couldn't speak Russian.  And that just made him appear more powerless.

4 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

And, granted that Oswald's Russian skills were very good - he seems very manipulated to me.

Bill,

Thank you for that stipulation.  Foreign language instructor Mathias Baumann stated on this forum that, in his opinion, obtaining Oswald’s tested proficiency in Russian would require, in a language less difficult than Russian, “80 to 120 individual (one-on-one) lessons (a lesson being 45 minutes) or 400 lessons of a group course to reach this level in the German language (provided that you already know the Roman Alphabet). These numbers do not include the time you need for homework, mind you.”

And of course, Mr. Baumann’s estimates did not include time to become familiar with the Cyrillic alphabet, extensively different from our own.  Aren’t you curious about how Oswald obtained that knowledge of Russian?  If he obtained it in the Marine Corps, why was he given this extensive training if not to be a spy in Russia?  If he acquired his Russian abilities earlier, as a child, what does this say about our current understanding of the biography of “Lee Harvey Oswald?” 

Also, as Dr. Norwood pointed out in his Russian Fluency article, it should be noted that of the numerous Marines stationed at the Santa Ana MACS 9 facility who indicated Oswald had knowledge of Russian, James Anthony Botelho said that “Oswald subscribed to a newspaper printed in Russian, which I believe he said was published in San Francisco.”

How many Russian-language newspapers do you supposed were published in San Francisco in 1959?  I can’t prove it, but my guess is there was only one, and it was this one:

russzh.jpg

Note that, in the upper right corner of page 1 of the 2007 edition shown above,  the Russian-language paper billed itself as a “RUSSIAN NATIONAL ANTICOMMUNIST NEWSPAPER SINCE AUGUST 5, 1921.”  So it was clearly in existence in 1959 when Oswald probably subscribed to it.  Can anyone name another San Francisco paper published in Russian in 1959?

The burning question then becomes, why would an alleged Marine Corps communist sympathizer like Oswald subscribe to an anti-communist Russian-language newspaper? Was he really what he was pretending to be?

6 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

Paul, the Lykes ship definitely needs a closer look.  There was just a few passengers on the freighter.  Here's the passenger list.   One was Billy Joe Lord, about Oswald's age.  By 1977, Lord was a Texas journalist with the Midland Reporter-Telegram.  He wrote Jimmy Carter about his concerns about CIA being engaged in a coup d'etat with the JFK case.  He said that he and others could testify that the CIA did not do a "real investigation" into Oswald "the defector of 1959".  

Lord then met with the FBI and said (note:  Angleton's buddy) Edward Epstein (who wrote the horrifying Legend about this case, based on tips from Angleton), Henry Hurt (who in the eighties wrote a good book on the JFK case) and others at Reader's Digest were leaning hard on Lord for an interview, and he didn't like what was going on around him with a home break-in while in Japan (his papers were rifled thru, nothing was stolen) and similar weird-xxxx activities.  Even George Bush, Jr. got dragged into trying to make him talk!

Passenger George Church had a military background - recently retired (he could have been a spy, keeping an eye on Oswald!)  - and didn't like LHO.  He was shook up when the engineer said he thought Oswald was a "smart kid".

The Lykes company had a spooky history - this is from Joan Mellen:

Michael J. P. Malone...conferred regularly with CIA’s David Atlee Phillips, whom he gave a code name: Phillips was his “Chivas Regal Friend.” Malone, Kleberg, and Phillips, along with a high-ranking Western Hemisphere officer named Radford Herbert, discussed which Latin American countries deserved loans from the United States, and which did not. Colombia and Argentina were high on their list. Chile was low and was to be refused loans because they had voted against the U.S. at Punta del Este.

These men referred to John F. Kennedy as if he were a child. His nickname was “Little Boy Blue.” JFK was “soft” and naïve. Bobby Kennedy they termed “a strong-minded individual and if he made a decision would carry it out.” Chivas Regal and Radford Herbert both advised Malone and Kleberg to work on Bobby.

Kleberg also funded CIA’s front for labor in Latin America (“The American Institute For Free Labor Development” aka AIFLD) and opposed the Alliance for Progress. Malone met with Robert Kennedy and was pleased to learn that he planned to persuade his brother, the president, to fire Arthur Schlesinger.

In 1960, Kleberg also contributed money to a plot to assassinate Fidel Castro, where he joined with a Mr. Lykes of Lykes Steamship Company and a United Fruit Company representative. Their idea was to assassinate Fidel and Raul Castro, also Che Guevara, and then take over the Cuban Government and place at its head one Francisco Caneas. The MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD describing this plan is titled: Cuban Revolutionary Activity in Florida and is dated 15 January 1960.

Phillips was his “Chivas Regal friend. That company became part of Bronfman’s Seagrams company in 1949. That is very suggestive. Leaving Permindex out for the moment, there was a direct link between Seagrams in Mexico and Army Colonel Frank M Brandstetter, ACSI. 

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

On September 4, 1959, Oswald applied for a passport to attend the Albert Schweitzer College. He said that he would be leaving on the Grace Lines on September 21, 1959. A week later, he booked passage on the Lykes Lines.

Why?

3. On September 20, 1959, I boarded the freighter S.S. Marion Lykes at New Orleans. Upon boarding the ship, I was shown to my room, and when I got there, Lee Harvey Oswald was already there and moving in.

Steve Thomas

Steve - any chance you know where Grace Lines would have taken Oswald? Was Le Havre the destination? 

22 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Mr. Simpich, et al,

one of the points you (we) are looking at is how did Oswald find his way so easily into the USSR via Helsinki. I have an idea that the diversion was accomplished on the Lykes steamship. There was a military man, Lt. colonel Frank Church along for the ride. His affidavit supplies no info that would lead one to suspect he may have been on assignment.
But there are a few other interesting connections to Lykes. David Boylan posted, on the thread about whether people agree with Newman about David Phillips and Alpha 66, some interesting documents at the top of page 3 of that thread. I read one of them closely, an HSCA interview with Army Intelligence Lt. Colonel Milford Paul Hubbard on the subject of Maurice Bishop and Veciana. Hubbard worked for Detachment A of Army Intelligence ACSI from Aug. ‘62 - Dec. ‘63, assigned to link up with the 2nd Front of Escambray and it’s leader Luis Guitterez Menoyo. From my reading of this on Wiki the 2nd front had by this time become part of Alpha 66. Hubbard, when questioned if he knew anyone that looked like the Bishop sketch drawn from Veciana’s memory, says it looks, other than the jaw line, like a source of his in Puerto Rico named Owen Darnell, who he identifies as a beached captain representative of Lykes Steamship. I found the reference to Lykes curious. I should also mention here that I had started a thread called Interesting interview with a Cuban Exile because near the end of that interview the Exile in question mentions Menoyo, and says that Menoyo, through an intermediary, was buying arms from Otto Skorzeny!  I don’t know it this is significant, but in the Hubbard interview he talks about arms deals with a well known, even today, arms dealer out of Belgium called Fabrique Nationale, saying that he personally knew Fabrique’s rep in Latin America named William Burns, a former Finance Minister for Castro, a man with dual Cuban English citizenship. Suddenly he mentions Haiti and Duvalier, saying that he, Hubbard, went with Burns to Haiti under cover as Burns’ arms demonstrator. At this point in the interview, page 15-16, he mentions Owen Darnell. It implies that Burns also used Darnell as his weapons demonstrator. 
One more curious connection with Lykes - Colonel George Whitmeyer, who as we remember rode with Colonel Lumpkin in the motorcade. Steve Thomas dug up Whitmeyer’s connections with a Harold Byrd and the Civil Air Patrol! And, very curiously, Whitmeyer’s wife worked for Lykes Steamship. 
it looks possible to me that Lykes Steamship was a witting asset of Army Intelligence. 

I’m bumping this post. Strange connections to Lykes Steamship. 

17 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

....on Sandy's opinion - I just don't see why an agent would be treated like dirt like Oswald was - can anyone explain that?

Bill,

Suppose for a moment that LHO was indeed an  undercover agent. There would be very few individuals aware of that fact. There would be even fewer who knew what his mission was at any given time. Because only those people with a "need to know" would be informed. The "need to know" is a well known principle used in espionage.

So I'm not surprised at all that the Marine Corps downgraded Oswald's discharge from honorable to dishonorable. After all, they had no idea that Oswald was really a fake defector.

As for why he was chosen to play the part of patsy -- which of course is the worst of example of Oswald being "treated like dirt" -- I can only guess. Maybe he was being punished for failing his mission as a defector, for which they had high hopes. Or maybe the plotters just didn't care that one of their own was being sacrificed.

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Why?

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

Thanks, Steve.  This shows that LHO gave the Passport Office a big heads-up that he planned to go to Russia - and that he planned to go the Schweitzer School for college - although it didn't start until April 1960.

This has been one of the bases of my thinking that going to Russia was not a "sure thing".  I think he got called into duty when he left France and made a beeline to Helsinki when Robert Webster reappeared and made it clear that he was defecting.

Webster was not the master of his fate - not by a long shot.  And, granted that Oswald's Russian skills were very good - he seems very manipulated to me.  The big manipulation that he was able to do was pretend he couldn't speak Russian.  And that just made him appear more powerless.

16 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

To read that one line about SRD/DDP Chief Nelson Brickham and U.S. Consul Richard Snyder in your revised "The Twelve Who Built the Oswald Legend
Part 1: Mother, Meyer, and the Spotters
", opens up a whole barrel of worms, Mr. Simpich

I mean, I have suspected for a long while that some element of Lee Harvey Oswald's mission in Russia (if he was sent there by an element of the Directorate of Plans, Soviet Russia Division as a covert operator) was to gather factual information about potential first-strike targets, in terms of viable military planning for what targets personnel in the Pentagon were getting ready to destroy, if the order was given to slaughter the Russian and Chinese people in a nuclear holocaust (wasn't Oswald involved in some target identification missions with U-2 "Dragon Lady" overflights into China when he was stationed at Naval Air Station Atsugi, Marine Air Control Squadron 1).

And of course, one does not have to venture into the realm of speculation, considering some of Robert Webster's files were in the hands of Robert Trumbull Crowley, the Directorate of Operations liaison to Angleton's Counterintelligence staff; Robert Crowley also controlled files on Frank Angelo Fiorini and Gerald Patrick "Jerry" Hemming: 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10181-10128.pdf

Robert Webster appears to have been debriefed by elements of the US Air Force's Foreign Technology Desk at Wright Patterson (the Chief of the Pentagon's Foreign Technology Desk was Lt. Col. Philip James Corso, who pitted the CIA, FBI and State Department against each other concerning false information about Lee Oswald's bonafides; Lt. Col. Corso also controlled "stay-behind" elements and helped create Nazi ratline escape routes:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10182-10065.pdf

It would appear to me as if Oswald (and others like him) were on some type of highly exotic, long-range reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition mission, taking photographs of roads, street signs, and trying to figure out where military hardware production facilities were located and covertly transmitting said information back to the war-planning elements of the US intelligence community (say thru "stay-behind" Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists-Bandera terrorists connected to Spas T. Raikin's "Anti-Bolshevik Nations-Asian People Anti-Communist League" structure, which tracks right back to the FBI-CIA-American Nazi Party connected 544 Camp Street "Legión Extranjera Anticomunista del Caribe" of Col. Orlando Piedra Negueruela, Jose Joaquin Sanjenis Perdomo "AMOT-2" and William Guy Banister).

It seems to me like Oswald (or several look-alikes and double-dangles) had a similar mission when he was working at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, producing maps with target information about ICBMs (or photoshopped information to fool liberal, de-escalation elements of the Kennedy White House and Pentagon) in Cuba, or sending covert information from the anti-Castro terrorist community to hardliners in the Pentagon on maps using "microdots" (strange that the CIA-FBI liaison in 1963, Samuel J. Papich, was the man who blew the lid on the Nazi's microdot communication system during WWII and George de Mohrenschildt's cousin, Baron Konstantin von Maydell was allegedly an Abwehr agent or propagandist). 

The fact that Oswald fully expected to work for National Aeronautics and Space Administration (while he was working at the CIA-connected "Reily Coffee Company" with Jean-Pierre Lafitte, George Hunter White's “QJ/WIN” asset), appears to indicate some type of connection between the intelligence gathering capabilities of the anti-Castro terrorist operations and NASA's Security Division.

The following document shows a direct liaison between the revanchist anti-communist mafia-connected Director of the FBI John Edgar Hoover, the Assistant Chief of Security for NASA Bartley A. Fugler, himself a former secret service agent under President Truman (didn't Truman suffer from lapses in his personal security?) and a conduit of information directly to Senator James Oliver Eastland's Senate Internal Security Subcommittee (Senator Eastland was a known lobbyist for Rafael Leónidas Trujillo Martínez, who in 1962 gave Prince Junio Valerio Borghese two-billion lire for his commando training of Italian-based Organisation de l'Armée Secrète assassins; Rafael Leónidas Trujillo was also funding William Guy Banister's 544 Camp Street located "Legión Extranjera Anticomunista del Caribe" terrorist front group), the Cuban Revolutionary Council (itself a massive CIA front, run by "JM/WAVE" assets like Sergio Arcacha Smith, Manuel Francisco Artime Buesa, William Guy Banister, Manuel Antonio de Varona y Loredo and others) and "stay-behind" elements operation in Cuba:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32318851.pdf

Here are the documents:

nasafbi1.jpg

nasafbi2.jpg

nasafbi3.jpg

nasafbi4.jpg

*I should note, around the same time this liaison between NASA's security teams, the FBI and the CIA-controlled terrorist front "Cuban Revolutionary Council" took place, the Administrative Director of the "American Security Council" William K. Lambie Jr. was in direct contact with CIA terrorist Manuel Francisco Artime Buesa, a close associate of "Operation 40" assassin Everette "Eduardo" Howard Hunt Jr. 

William K. Lambie Jr. was formerly chief of intelligence for the FBI's "Mafia" desk.

That, and George Russell Wackenhut (William K. Lambie Jr.'s close friend on the "Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI"; here is a link proving that: http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/F Disk/FBI/FBI Miscellaneous 1972/Item 01.pdf) provided security for NASA, the Atomic Energy Commission test bases, RedBird Airport in Dallas, Texas and "assistance" for Clay LaVerne Shaw's defense team.

Here a link also connecting William K. Lambie Jr. to Patrick Joseph Frawley Jr. (of "Information Council of the Americas" infamy), William Douglas Pawley (a JM/WAVE asset), and Senator Thomas Joseph Dodd (who oversaw investigations into the illegal gun-smuggling [think Jack Ruby's Cuban adventures] and the "Fair Play for Cuba Committee" and lobbied for the Belgian company "Société Générale de Belgique-Union Minière du Haut-Katanga's" covert support for Moïse Tshombe to be leader of breakaway Katanga):

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/08/17/archives/anticommunist-council-prepares-a-voting-index-on-congress.html

A very tight network of hardline, anti-Kennedy intelligence assets...

It would be interesting if anyone would comment on the NASA-FBI-CIA-controlled terrorist front "Cuban Revolutionary Council" information I posted.

Consider for a moment, Mr. Simpich and Mr. Thomas the fact that Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson's Assistant for National Security Affairs, United States Air Force Intelligence officer Col. Howard Lay Burris was running "stay-behind" counterintelligence missions for the Central Intelligence Agency in Geneva, Switzerland, where he acted as attache to the U.S. Embassy  from 1954 to 1957 and was CIA Chief of Station in Geneva in 1960 (the "stay-behind" mission in Switzerland was coded-named "Projekt-26").

From 1957 to 1960 Col. Burris was a CIA International Liaison Officer to the Department of the Air Force and was in charge of "stay-behind" operations in Hungary in 1957, Poland in 1958, and the Soviet Union in 1959.

Col. Burris, in 1960, had the official cover of being involved in the "...import-export..." business.

It seems to me, Col. Burris' movements practically mirror those of Lee Harvey Oswald, including Oswald's cover for going overseas, "...I am in the import-export business..."

Not to mention the fact that Col. Burris was very close to the Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, United States Air Force General, Charles Pearre Cabell and "Baron" George Sergius de Mohrenschildt!

In fact, Col. Burris was involved in a covert mission to stage a second invasion of Castro's Cuba, via a proxy terrorist army, from Haiti, and met personally with George de Mohrenschildt to discuss the plans for the operation shortly after de Mohrenschildt left Oswald behind in the care of the CIA-connected Paine family.

It is also interesting to note that Col. Burris ran a CIA-front company called "Jester Corp." with none other than USMC Lt. Col. William Raymond Corson, a hardline counterinsurgency expert for the CIA, and Senator Frank Church's liaison to the CIA during the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities.

Howard Lay Burris Jr. (the good Col. Burris' son) was married to Princess Shahrazad Pahlbod, the niece of the late CIA-controlled Shah of Iran, and the CIA-United Fruit Company owned transport ships used in "Operation Zapata" called “The Houston” and the “Barbara J.” respectively, were named after Col. Howard Lay Burris' wife (Barbara Jester) and his hometown (Houston, Texas)...

Edited by Robert Montenegro

Sandy, Let me offer my thinking on the question about why Oswald's discharge was downgraded.

Generally, an agency takes care of its own.  If you are part of the team, they will fall on their swords for you.  This is why all agencies fight so hard in court to protect their informants and their identities.  If their informant's identity is blown or if the informant goes to jail for their actions, they will lose not only that informant but many other informants.

The same principle goes with agents.  It's one thing if an agent is killed in the field, some things are not preventable.  But having his discharge downgraded to an undesirable discharge by the Marine Corps?  Cutting off his access to employment, the GI Bill and more?   

Especially when one soft word to a higher-up that this man was doing his patriotic duty?  I don't agree.  The agency would generally protect its man, whether it liked the man or not.   Oswald was used and then thrown away like used kleenex.

And his status as a man with an undesirable discharge became used as his alleged motive for killing the President.  Fred Korth, the secretary of the navy, made the final decision on his discharge - and he knew the Oswald family - Korth went to jury trial in a divorce case against Marguerite.   Korth and the ONI had quite a paper trail with Oswald - like Angleton's CI-SIG and the Mexico City CIA station, he and the ONI must have been horrified when Oswald was accused of killing the President.  Is it any wonder there are so many ONI documents missing?

Robert, the information on Burris is fascinating - as you say, he was one of LBJ's right-hand men, could you provide the links that support your facts?  It's hard to wrap your mind around the deep things you are saying without any documents to understand the context.  Thanks!