The Education Forum

Harvey and Lee: John Armstrong

Armstrong has now updated his article "The Story of Two Steven Landesbergs". The "red bearded man" is gone as is the "3 am interview". I will decide how to update my own site to reflect these changes, but the history of these misrepresentations will be documented. A small concession, but his premise is still false and he is still taking liberties with the facts in other ways.

Amazing work! Parnell posts the above on the very same day I uploaded the changes to the Landesberg article. He must be standing at attention by his computer monitoring harveyandlee.net hourly for changes! Glad to see he considers my site such a danger to his world.
In documenting “the history of these misrepresentations,” will he also say that we provided links to sources about the color of Landesberg's beard and the “3 am interview” and hardly made them up? I doubt it, but I really don't care enough to check. What I do care about is this....
John Armstrong has finally unraveled the weird Landesberg affair is a way that actually makes sense. Read his article here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the hardlylee.nut website that my new malwarebytes software warns me about every time I go there:

The record (IBM card) on OSWALD was pulled from the files. Several other employees (5 or 6) of the Department saw the driver's license which was dirty and worn as though it had been carried in a billfold. The license was the talk of the office that day since everyone knew who OSWALD was, and the reason his driver's license records were being pulled from the active file was the fact that he had been killed.

Lee's driver's license application. I submit that this dirty and worn document is what was seen by staff at the Department of Public Safety. It was taken by investigators and claimed to have been found at N Beckley.

leelinense.jpg

As always, Greg Parker is so anxious to deny the existence of evidence for Two Oswalds, he forgets to think at all. Suggesting that workers in the driver's license office of the Texas Department of Public Safety mistook a “dirty and worn” Texas driver's license APPLICATION for an ACTUAL TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE is the type of desperate “theory” we can rely on Greg Parker to produce.

Parker's logic assumes that DPS personnel who specialized in driver's licenses knew less about driver's licenses than the average Texan, who surely could tell the difference between the two. The fact that one document is large and the other is small, and that the smaller one prominently displays a photo of the driver while the other does not, should be sufficient to enable a four-year-old to tell the difference between the two. But not Greg Parker!

CE 112 is referred to on the DPD/FBI joint inventory list of “Oswald's Possessions” dated 11/26 as “Application for Texas Driver's License.” Although there is ample reason to suspect the chain of custody of many of the items in this expanded list made after the secret transfer of “Oswald's Possessions” to FBI Headquarters in D.C. and back again to Dallas, there is no reason to assume the items listed were not physically present at Dallas Police Headquarters on 11/26.

If, as Parker asserts, the APPLICATION was “dirty and worn,” there is little reason to believe it was stored in a filing cabinet at the Dep't. of Public Safety. And yet Parker goes on to write, “I submit that this dirty and worn document is what was seen by staff at the Department of Public Safety. It was taken by investigators and claimed to have been found at N Beckley.”

In her signed and witnessed deposition, Aletha Frair affirmed: “During the week following the murder of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, on either Wednesday the 27th, or Thursday the 28th of November, 1963 the Texas driver's license issued to LEE HARVEY OSWALD came into my division.” That would have been, of course, AFTER the application in question was already at Dallas Police headquarters.

No doubt Parker will now declare that Mrs. Frair was mistaken about the date the license came into her division, which, she said, “was responsible for the IBM computer records of all driver's licenses in the state of Texas.” Of course, Parker also says Mrs. Frair was unable to recall the difference between an application and an actual license. Or that Cliff Shasteen and others were mistaken when they saw American-born Lee Oswald drive a car in and around Dallas while Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald was still in New Orleans.

Edited by Jim Hargrove

Armstrong has now updated his article "The Story of Two Steven Landesbergs". The "red bearded man" is gone as is the "3 am interview". I will decide how to update my own site to reflect these changes, but the history of these misrepresentations will be documented. A small concession, but his premise is still false and he is still taking liberties with the facts in other ways.

Amazing work! Parnell posts the above on the very same day I uploaded the changes to the Landesberg article. He must be standing at attention by his computer monitoring harveyandlee.net hourly for changes! Glad to see he considers my site such a danger to his world.
In documenting “the history of these misrepresentations,” will he also say that we provided links to sources about the color of Landesberg's beard and the “3 am interview” and hardly made them up? I doubt it, but I really don't care enough to check. What I do care about is this....
John Armstrong has finally unraveled the weird Landesberg affair is a way that actually makes sense. Read his article here.

Yes, you provided sources, but they were incorrect. And if I had not pointed that out, you would have gone on using the red bearded man and the 3 am interview. What does that say about your research methods?

You didn't point out the FBI claims for the "3 am interview." Tom Scully did on another forum.

Almost all of John's notes for Harvey and Lee are from original source documents. He should go back to that method and approach secondary sources with extreme caution, as he did previously.

You didn't point out the FBI claims for the "3 am interview." Tom Scully did on another forum.

Almost all of John's notes for Harvey and Lee are from original source documents. He should go back to that method and approach secondary sources with extreme caution, as he did previously.

Write this down, we agree!

LBJ SUSPECTS CIA

=================== QUOTE ON ====================

Nine months later, following publication of the Warren Report, Johnson sealed most of the assassination related records until the year 2029. When Madeleine Brown asked Johnson why he sealed the records instead of making them public he replied, "Remember Box13.P" [Madaeleine Brown, "Texas in the Morning"(Baltimore) 1997, p. 186]

Johnson may have sealed the records because he suspected the CIA was involved. He told Presidential aide Marvin Watson that he felt the CIA had something to do with the assassination.[Victors-01]

--Harvey and Lee, p. 964

=================== QUOTE OFF ====================

Sheesh! I tried to upload Victor-01.jpg here (a mere 82K size), but for months now, EF's software has refused to allow me to upload any file larger than 23KB! Anyone want to see the NARA file? Anyone? ........

From the hardlylee.nut website that my new malwarebytes software warns me about every time I go there:

The record (IBM card) on OSWALD was pulled from the files. Several other employees (5 or 6) of the Department saw the driver's license which was dirty and worn as though it had been carried in a billfold. The license was the talk of the office that day since everyone knew who OSWALD was, and the reason his driver's license records were being pulled from the active file was the fact that he had been killed.

Lee's driver's license application. I submit that this dirty and worn document is what was seen by staff at the Department of Public Safety. It was taken by investigators and claimed to have been found at N Beckley.

leelinense.jpg

As always, Greg Parker is so anxious to deny the existence of evidence for Two Oswalds, he forgets to think at all. Suggesting that workers in the driver's license office of the Texas Department of Public Safety mistook a “dirty and worn” Texas driver's license APPLICATION for an ACTUAL TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE is the type of desperate “theory” we can rely on Greg Parker to produce.

Parker's logic assumes that DPS personnel who specialized in driver's licenses knew less about driver's licenses than the average Texan, who surely could tell the difference between the two. The fact that one document is large and the other is small, and that the smaller one prominently displays a photo of the driver while the other does not, should be sufficient to enable a four-year-old to tell the difference between the two. But not Greg Parker!

CE 112 is referred to on the DPD/FBI joint inventory list of “Oswald's Possessions” dated 11/26 as “Application for Texas Driver's License.” Although there is ample reason to suspect the chain of custody of many of the items in this expanded list made after the secret transfer of “Oswald's Possessions” to FBI Headquarters in D.C. and back again to Dallas, there is no reason to assume the items listed were not physically present at Dallas Police Headquarters on 11/26.

If, as Parker asserts, the APPLICATION was “dirty and worn,” there is little reason to believe it was stored in a filing cabinet at the Dep't. of Public Safety. And yet Parker goes on to write, “I submit that this dirty and worn document is what was seen by staff at the Department of Public Safety. It was taken by investigators and claimed to have been found at N Beckley.”

In her signed and witnessed deposition, Aletha Frair affirmed: “During the week following the murder of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, on either Wednesday the 27th, or Thursday the 28th of November, 1963 the Texas driver's license issued to LEE HARVEY OSWALD came into my division.” That would have been, of course, AFTER the application in question was already at Dallas Police headquarters.

No doubt Parker will now declare that Mrs. Frair was mistaken about the date the license came into her division, which, she said, “was responsible for the IBM computer records of all driver's licenses in the state of Texas.” Of course, Parker also says Mrs. Frair was unable to recall the difference between an application and an actual license. Or that Cliff Shasteen and others were mistaken when they saw American-born Lee Oswald drive a car in and around Dallas while Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald was still in New Orleans.

You must have missed the part where I said I was not questioning anyone's eyesight, only their memories. I guess your own miss-remembering of that little fact kind of illustrates that fallibility of memory, no?

Unlike you, I am not locked in to any theory. When more evidence comes, I change with it. I am not forced to deny it, ignore it, or claim it is faked. That is the scientific method. Yet you and Josephs have ridiculed the idea that I can change my position on anything. All that is by way of saying this isn't settled yet.

By the way, Texas licenses circa 1963 had no photos as far as I have been able to ascertain. If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it. I know that request causes David to have conniption fits, but maybe you can do better?