The Education Forum

In Praise -- and Defense -- of Jack White

To Whom It May Concern:

Jack White is a hero to all who struggle for justice and truth for John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

That Jack often finds it difficult to control his passions should be appreciated as being indicative of his courage and his commitment to that cause.

Treating with collegiality the agents provocateurs who, in the service of the enemies of truth and justice, stalk these cyber pages is an unforgiveable offense.

Apparently the commisars of this Forum would sooner publish politely phrased attacks on the truth than emotionally phrased defenses of the truth.

Jack deserves emeritus status -- and the attendant privileges derived therefrom -- on the JFK Forum.

Absent Jack's free and unfettered access here, let men and women of good conscience boycott the JFK Forum.

Who stands with me in his defense?

Charles Drago

Edited by Charles Drago

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Whom It May Concern:

Jack White is a hero to all who struggle for justice and truth for John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

That Jack often finds it difficult to control his passions should be appreciated as being indicative of his courage and his commitment to that cause.

Treating with collegiality the agents provocateurs who, in the service of the enemies of truth and justice, stalk these cyber pages is an unforgiveable offense.

Apparently the commisars of this Forum would sooner publish politely phrased attacks on the truth than emotionally phrased defenses of the truth.

Jack deserves emeritus status -- and the attendant privileges derived therefrom -- on the JFK Forum.

Absent Jack's free and unfettered access here, let men and women of good conscience boycott the JFK Forum.

Charles Drago

Is Jack being censored???

Dawn

I love a good cause as much as the next guy, but it seems from my search and reading that Jack White attempted to post in another sub-forum when he was not logged in and got the standard (if non-specific) error message that generates.

Andy Walker confirmed that in the relevant thread in that sub-forum.

There are more than enough actual issues, and I hope that Jack will post here to confirm that rumors of his moderation have been greatly exaggerated. (And that is a perfectly wicked multi-layered pun cake, leavened with my fondness for Jack.)

Ashton

Dawn,

By all means, why don't you clear this up for us?

Charles

Charles:

Clear what up? I think Jack is fabulous and have no clue to what you are referring. Jack has been an important, unwavering member of the critical community forever.

Dawn

What nonsense! Jack has not been kicked out or suspended but rather placed on moderation which means that his posts have to be approved by anyone of the forums various administrators or moderators before appearing. He can even continue to start new threads.

He seems to have been put on moderation due to making numerous false accusations against a moderator (Evan Burton) and refusing to apologize or acknowledge error when shown to be wrong. As well as ignoring warnings not to start new threads protesting moderator decisions when a thread already existed for that purpose (these warning were directed at all members). The last straw seems to have been him falsely insinuating that John Simkin backed his false accusations against Evan.

I love a good cause as much as the next guy, but it seems from my search and reading that Jack White attempted to post in another sub-forum when he was not logged in and got the standard (if non-specific) error message that generates.

There are more than enough actual issues, and I hope that Jack will post here to confirm that rumors of his moderation have been greatly exaggerated. (And that is a perfectly wicked multi-layered pun cake, leavened with my fondness for Jack.)

Ashton

You may be right, Ashton.

If nothing else, this thread has allowed us to use the word "moderation" and the name "Jack White" in the same sentence.

So let's clear this up, if we can. Is Jack being moderated?

Ashton

If nothing else, this thread has allowed us to use the word "moderation" and the name "Jack White" in the same sentence.

While I don't know officially and putting the officials on the 'spot' will not let them simply remove the sanction and claim it never existed, I am led to believe yes he is. He [Jack] interpreted this as meaning that Evan Burton would be his personal parole officer and Jack refuse to post anything. I'd note that Evan had a] long history of countering Jack's posts and b] a signature for some days specific to Jack that was IMO not one a moderator should have have - since removed. I think no great evil has been done by anyone, but I think bias has occured, and Jack should be warned and allowed to post again. I sense a great sense of growing unease on the Forum otherwise.

Sheesh....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11118

Ashton

While I don't know officially and putting the officials on the 'spot' will not let them simply remove the sanction and claim it never existed, I am led to believe yes he is. He [Jack] interpreted this as meaning that Evan Burton would be his personal parole officer and Jack refuse to post anything. I'd note that Evan had a] long history of countering Jack's posts and b] a signature for some days specific to Jack that was IMO not one a moderator should have have - since removed. I think no great evil has been done by anyone, but I think bias has occured, and Jack should be warned and allowed to post again. I sense a great sense of growing unease on the Forum otherwise.

Sheesh....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11118

I'll see your "Sheesh..." and raise you two.

Thanks.

I previously had only been able to find the "other" thread (that Peter since posted a link to).

Ashton

To Whom It May Concern:

Charles Drago

over here.....

David G. Healy

To Whom It May Concern:

Charles Drago

Okay: now that I know the facts, I'll join you.

Jack jumped the gun on with unfounded assumptions in the situation at issue, but if a mistake like that can't simply be cleaned up with an apology and correction from someone with Jack's track record, while the likes of Bill Miller goes right on flinging bold-faced dung with sneering wild abandon all over page after page after page after page after page after page after tiresome page of the forum, and not only is condoned but endorsed, I believe conscience dictates a stand for civilized ethics.

Ashton Gray

Ashton

Here's what Jack posted on Rich's forum:

"Researchers here may be interested in knowing that Simkin

has banished me from posting on his forum for protesting

the "moderators". The forum has been taken over by Lamson,

Burton and Colby...all APOLLO PROVOCATEURS. Burton has

been made a moderator. He is associated with the Australian

military and a rabid defender of Apollo.

I am still allowed to read the forum, but if I want to post

anything, I must submit it to moderator Burton for approval

first."

Myra again:

Right now I'll offer to post, on Jack's behalf, anything... ANYTHING he asks me to pass along.

He can PM the "anything" to me on either forum.

Aside from that I'm contemplating how to respond since I haven't yet read the other threads that led to this.

I stand .....

Isn't curtailing like cutting your nose off to spite your face, in such a situation..

I took it that this F, wanted the best, it has had some of those, but how many are still active,

as Jack is......?? IMO not very many....

With someone as knowledgable and who has been within the research world since the beginning...

and is still more than willing to share, and who has had the stalwartness

that Jack has had to persevere....where many have never......and will not..

After all, as I have read on this F, many times in the past.....

Freedom of Speech Rules.....or does it ??

B........

Edited by Bernice Moore