The Education Forum

Who is/was this man?

Record: ECHEVARRIA, HOMER (HOMERIO) SAMUEL VALDIVIA

Sources: CD 87, pp. 1-8 SS 336, SS 443, SS 477, SS 523, SS 626; HSCA Reel 52, Box 29, Folder F (AMKW 29) re Homer Samuel ECHEVARRIA Valdivia; FBI JFK 124- 10027-10044, Lifton's pp. 43-44

Mary's

Comments: White, male Cuban. 32, 3' 9", 160 lbs, black hair, mustache, olive complexion. In Chicago, he maintained steady employment as Chicago transit authority bus driver. Son of Ebelia Echevarria, a "source" for the Chicago office of the FBI. Born at Jatibonico, Camaguay, Cuba. Employed by C. J. Simpson Drilling Co., resided briefly in Dallas at 10353 Denton Drive. Fled Castro's Cuba. Resided in Anniston, Ala 6 months. Had entered United States on July 6, 1960 at Miami, FL, via Cuvano Airlines flight No. 808. I&NS Alien Number is A-12 236 480 (201-767409)

Homer Echevarria - Taking Care of Kennedy

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...Care_of_Kennedy

B.........

Bernice ,

Thanks for that. (The Mary Ferrell database has listed HE's height as 3'9", btw.)

Hi Mark :

I noticed that.....so went looking,...and further within the documentation ,it states 5' 9"...in

several reports..........typing blooper..I imagine......

B.....

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources: CD 87, pp. 1-8 SS 336, SS 443, SS 477, SS 523, SS 626; HSCA Reel 52, Box 29, Folder F (AMKW 29) re Homer Samuel ECHEVARRIA Valdivia; FBI JFK 124- 10027-10044, Lifton's pp. 43-44

Mary's

Comments: White, male Cuban. 32, 3' 9", 160 lbs, black hair, mustache, olive complexion. In Chicago, he maintained steady employment as Chicago transit authority bus driver. Son of Ebelia Echevarria, a "source" for the Chicago office of the FBI. Born at Jatibonico, Camaguay, Cuba. Employed by C. J. Simpson Drilling Co., resided briefly in Dallas at 10353 Denton Drive. Fled Castro's Cuba. Resided in Anniston, Ala 6 months. Had entered United States on July 6, 1960 at Miami, FL, via Cuvano Airlines flight No. 808. I&NS Alien Number is A-12 236 480 (201-767409)

B.........

Bernice ,

Thanks for that. (The Mary Ferrell database has listed HE's height as 3'9", btw.)

Hi Mark :

I noticed that.....so went looking,...and further within the documentation ,it states 5' 9"...in

B.....

I am not sure if what I post will clarify matters any, but, nothing ventured is nothing gained. In an issue of the Continuing Inquiry, there is a short piece on Ronco. Incidentally, there appears to be only one document on Ronco at NARA, under the subject heading

180-10116-10160 RONCO, LARRY; LEADS & INFORMATION;

There is no title.

Before I go on, I will mention that mary ferrell's database does nothave a listing for anyone with the last name Ronco, I also looked under Larry Taylor, all Taylor's as a matter of fact, and did not find anyone who could have been Ronco entered into her Database under the last name Taylor.

See

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/22914/jfksnew.txt

".....Committee investigators are known to have recieved information of another potential assassin who was in the Dallas area at the time of President Kennedy's assassination. In 1970, prior to the publicity that surrounding this country's attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro, this writer was given the following story. The story is related here for its possible significance and future research.

Larry Taylor, real name Lawrence Taylor Ronco came to Dallas in early 1963. He was employed by the Eastman Kodak Company. He seemed to spend most of his time however with a Dallas entertainer and appeared to stay very little at his place of employment. The couple dated from about April 1963 until March 1964. Taylor always appeared to have plenty of money, living in an expensive Oak Cliff apartment and driving a 1963 Buick Riviera. He was a good friend of Jack Ruby's and for a short period had acted as Master of Ceremonies at the Carousel Club. He was accompanied on occasion to a Dallas rifle range and was noted to be an excellent shot. Taylor also confided that he had been offered $100,000 to kill Fidel Castro. He left Dallas in March, 1964 and nothing else was heard of him.

There is something odd about this Ronco business to me and that is if Ronco was doing all of the things that the article alleges, then that would not seem possible, unless Ronco was mentioned in the Warren Report. And I dare anyone to show me a mention of his name in it. Consequently, if Larry Ronco is not mentioned in the Warren Report, that can mean two different things either all the information concerning him is dubious at best.......Or he was of such importance that he was intentionally left out of the Report.

There is also another possibility.......that Ronco was.........Edward Eddy Rocco who did know Ruby, the problem with that scenario is that in the Armstrong Exhibits, [photos at the Carousel pertaining to the man in the V-neck sweater, there is a photograph of Rocco and unless my vision is failing me, I do not think they are one and the same.

See

Sources: Warren Report, p. 336; CE 2991; CD 223, pp. 356-357; CD 720

Mary's

Comments: Traveled around country "interviewing owners and performers at night clubs." Photographs taken at Carousel on Nov 5-6, 1963.

Adding to this, is the fact that the one book that does detail Ronco is Beverly Oliver's book Nightmare In Dalllas. I am a fence straddler to a degree, with Beverly Oliver, although I will add that if what she asserts about herself in Dealey Plaza is suspect, that does not necessarily mean that you throw the baby out with the bathwater either, although that has certainly been the case with some critics.

Mary's

B.........

Bernice ,

Hi Mark :

B.....

I am not sure if what I post will clarify matters any, but, nothing ventured is nothing gained. In an issue of the Continuing Inquiry, there is a short piece on Ronco. Incidentally, there appears to be only one document on Ronco at NARA, under the subject heading

180-10116-10160 RONCO, LARRY; LEADS & INFORMATION;

There is no title.

Before I go on, I will mention that mary ferrell's database does nothave a listing for anyone with the last name Ronco, I also looked under Larry Taylor, all Taylor's as a matter of fact, and did not find anyone who could have been Ronco entered into her Database under the last name Taylor.

See

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/22914/jfksnew.txt

".....Committee investigators are known to have recieved information of another potential assassin who was in the Dallas area at the time of President Kennedy's assassination. In 1970, prior to the publicity that surrounding this country's attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro, this writer was given the following story. The story is related here for its possible significance and future research.

Larry Taylor, real name Lawrence Taylor Ronco came to Dallas in early 1963. He was employed by the Eastman Kodak Company. He seemed to spend most of his time however with a Dallas entertainer and appeared to stay very little at his place of employment. The couple dated from about April 1963 until March 1964. Taylor always appeared to have plenty of money, living in an expensive Oak Cliff apartment and driving a 1963 Buick Riviera. He was a good friend of Jack Ruby's and for a short period had acted as Master of Ceremonies at the Carousel Club. He was accompanied on occasion to a Dallas rifle range and was noted to be an excellent shot. Taylor also confided that he had been offered $100,000 to kill Fidel Castro. He left Dallas in March, 1964 and nothing else was heard of him.

There is something odd about this Ronco business to me and that is if Ronco was doing all of the things that the article alleges, then that would not seem possible, unless Ronco was mentioned in the Warren Report. And I dare anyone to show me a mention of his name in it. Consequently, if Larry Ronco is not mentioned in the Warren Report, that can mean two different things either all the information concerning him is dubious at best.......Or he was of such importance that he was intentionally left out of the Report.

There is also another possibility.......that Ronco was.........Edward Eddy Rocco who did know Ruby, the problem with that scenario is that in the Armstrong Exhibits, [photos at the Carousel pertaining to the man in the V-neck sweater, there is a photograph of Rocco and unless my vision is failing me, I do not think they are one and the same.

See

Sources: Warren Report, p. 336; CE 2991; CD 223, pp. 356-357; CD 720

Mary's

Comments: Traveled around country "interviewing owners and performers at night clubs." Photographs taken at Carousel on Nov 5-6, 1963.

Adding to this, is the fact that the one book that does detail Ronco is Beverly Oliver's book Nightmare In Dalllas. I am a fence straddler to a degree, with Beverly Oliver, although I will add that if what she asserts about herself in Dealey Plaza is suspect, that does not necessarily mean that you throw the baby out with the bathwater either, although that has certainly been the case with some critics.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol13_0181b.htm

WC_Vol13_0181b.gif

• 8 years later...
On 1/19/2008 at 11:13 AM, Mark Stapleton said:

Bernice ,

On 1/19/2008 at 11:13 AM, Mark Stapleton said:

Mary's

Comments: White, male Cuban. 32, 3' 9", 160 lbs, black hair, mustache, olive complexion. In Chicago, he maintained steady employment as Chicago transit authority bus driver. Son of Ebelia Echevarria, a "source" for the Chicago office of the FBI. Born at Jatibonico, Camaguay, Cuba. Employed by C. J. Simpson Drilling Co., resided briefly in Dallas at 10353 Denton Drive. Fled Castro's Cuba.

“The trial of the C4 Seven”

http://www.madcowprod.com/2013/11/22/barry-seal-the-dallas-get-away-plane-the-jfk-assassination/

"One clue to (Barry) Seal’s status is that, after having been caught illegally exporting 7 tons of C4 explosives, no one was in any hurry to bring him to trial.

But when they did, an extraordinary document surfaced, which clearly shows that Barry Seal viewed his participation in the Kennedy assassination as a bargaining chip, a laminated "get out of jail" card to be for the rest of his life. 

Both the prosecutor and the judge received an anonymous (though the envelope bearing the letter is clearly in Barry Seal’s handwriting) letter threatening that unless the charges were dismissed, the sender would blow the cover off matters pertaining to “national security.”

The heading reads “CJ Simpson de Cuba.”

“I worked for the CJ Simpson de Cuba Drilling Company, which had three rotary drilling rigs operating in Cuba. Whether you or any of your associates are aware of the number of “implements of war” shipped by that company out of the United States as components of drilling equipment, I have no idea. But I advise you to find out! "

I'm just sayin...

Steve Thomas