The Education Forum

Questions for Gary Mack

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course all the things you mention hold weight, but, they do not remove the possibility, they remove probability. Bullets can often be unpredictable creatures. The only thing that would rule out possibility is to show that the physics and ballistics do not work.

Again the projectile and cartridge were capable of the task.

I actually saw a human hit in the shoulder with the exit wound behind the right knee......So by your logic it would be impossible and yet it was possible.

Mike, your comment indicates to me I've been less than cogent in the

presentation of my argument, and for that I apologize.

The problem with the SBT is not the behavior of the bullet in the body,

it's in the behavior of the bullet in mid-air.

If a bullet exits a body on an upward trajectory it cannot travel a couple

of feet and then make a 90 degree turn downward in mid-air.

And yet this is what you are claiming to be "possible."

For instance: take out a compass, a medium powered rifle, and a 6.55mm

FMJ round.

Load the round into the rifle and point to due West.

Keeping the rifle pointed due West, fire.

Is it possible for the bullet to travel a couple of feet and then take an

abrupt mid-air right hand turn 90 degrees and proceed to fly due North?

Of course not.

But in trying to square the SBT with the physical evidence this is what

you are claiming to be "possible."

Every time you make this claim Sir Isaac Newton turns in his grave.

Of course all the things you mention hold weight, but, they do not remove the possibility, they remove probability. Bullets can often be unpredictable creatures. The only thing that would rule out possibility is to show that the physics and ballistics do not work.

Again the projectile and cartridge were capable of the task.

I actually saw a human hit in the shoulder with the exit wound behind the right knee......So by your logic it would be impossible and yet it was possible.

Mike, your comment indicates to me I've been less than cogent in the

presentation of my argument, and for that I apologize.

The problem with the SBT is not the behavior of the bullet in the body,

it's in the behavior of the bullet in mid-air.

If a bullet exits a body on an upward trajectory it cannot travel a couple

of feet and then make a 90 degree turn downward in mid-air.

And yet this is what you are claiming to be "possible."

For instance: take out a compass, a medium powered rifle, and a 6.55mm

FMJ round.

Load the round into the rifle and point to due West.

Keeping the rifle pointed due West, fire.

Is it possible for the bullet to travel a couple of feet and then take an

abrupt mid-air right hand turn 90 degrees and proceed to fly due North?

Of course not.

But in trying to square the SBT with the physical evidence this is what

you are claiming to be "possible."

Every time you make this claim Sir Isaac Newton turns in his grave.

Cliff,

I sent you a PM in regard to this. Hope to hear from you.

I would contend that IF the targets were aligned then the mysterious alteration in trajectory would not be required. It is this that limits the probability.

Some issues we face are the 3 degree drop of Elm, the posture of the President, and the unpredictable nature of the wound path itself, and the position of Connally.

Im not saying I believe it DID happen, and in fact, I believe it did not.

I think Sir Isaac would certainly understand that understanding a falling apple is a far cry for understanding the variables involved with a medium velocity rifle bullet.

Because it was possible. Probable no, possible yes. Just because it did not happen, does not mean it could not have happened. Not to difficult to understand really.

Mike

There is no proof that it did happen and the actual evidence suggests it is impossible.

Only one bullet in the Warren Commission commission tests was recovered in a condition comparable to CE399, and that was the bullet fired into cotton wadding.

So if we are to be guided by EVIDENCE instead of theories, then the Magic bullet theory is impossible on the evidence produced so far.

So you are right and sensible to believe that it never happened.

Because it was possible. Probable no, possible yes. Just because it did not happen, does not mean it could not have happened. Not to difficult to understand really.

Mike

There is no proof that it did happen and the actual evidence suggests it is impossible.

Only one bullet in the Warren Commission commission tests was recovered in a condition comparable to CE399, and that was the bullet fired into cotton wadding.

So if we are to be guided by EVIDENCE instead of theories, then the Magic bullet theory is impossible on the evidence produced so far.

So you are right and sensible to believe that it never happened.

Raymond,

I also believe there were some tests done at Edgewood that replicated the damage, and 399 quite well. It has been some time since I dug into that bag of biscuits.

There is much, to much in my opinion, that limits its probability.

But then again, what could we expect about a theory that was based on necessity rather than evidence?

Hate to keep bringing back the same question, but what about the Connolly thight wound?

If CE399 was planted, the planters had to have known in advance that Connolly would have a wound that would explain where CE399 came from. On the other hand if CE399 is the bullet that created the Connolly thigh wound but did not do the damage that is suggested by the SBT, then where was the Connolly thigh wound bullet fired from?

Sitting low in the vehicle, Connolly's thigh was lower than the sides of the car, entry from the front would require the bullet to have penetrated the windshild and the seat in front of Connolly, something no one has suggested. The sides of the vehicle would have obstructed entry from either of those directions which leaves entry from the rear. Somehow the conspirators were apparently able to accomplish this feat in some manner other than the additional wounds suffered by Connolly and Kennedy? Was it possible to fire a bullet from some direction that would not penetrate Connolly and Kennedy that would provide a "spent" bullet to create the superficial Connolly thigh wound?

Quite a trick so that the conspirators could plant a bullet that so many people believe is so easy to explain away.

Jim Root

Easy answer is:

(1) CE 399 didn't come from Connally's thigh; and (2) it wasn't planted at Parkland.

CE399 fell out of the shallow back wound of JFK at Parkland.

Mark and Thomas

Once again does nothing to answer the question about the Connolly thigh wound!

Jim Root

Before one soars with the eagles, he should first learn to walk with the chickens.

Besides that metaphor, I long ago explained that the Connally leg/thigh wound was created by the one and only true "Magic Bullet"..

IE: Shot#3!

The one down in front of James Altgens position which went through the coat collar of JFK, struck in the edge of the hairline, tunnelling DOWNWARD through the soft tissue at the base of the neck to strike the skull in the EOP region of the skull at a higher elevation than the entry point through the skin at the base of the neck, to thereafter continue on through the mid-brain of JFK, exit in the frontal lobe of the brain where the skull bone was already absent from the second shot/aka Z313 impact.

To then exit the frontal lobe of the skull and continue on downwards, striking JBC in the back right shoulder; penetrating downward through his chest and glancing off the right fifth rib to exit the chest and then enter the left leg/thigh.

All of which shot, as well as the bullet, was ultimately made to disappear.

ERGO!

Politicians, not unlike Magicians, can make things disappear!

P.S. The "elongated horizontally" back wound of JBC also happens to actually be elongated vertically.

Just need to place JBC in the proper position leaning over across the open area of the jump seats with his head in Nellie's lap, in the horizontal position.

Horizontally from the right becomes vertically down when one leads horizontally to the left.

But we will get to that one later, if and when Mr. Williams and/or anyone else new wants to hear that tall tale.

Would everyone who actually believed "THE SHOT THAT MISSED", please raise their hand!

Being mostly Irish myself (tho' I've got a fifth of Scotch in me!), I knew that. I only supposed you were Scottish because you don't know how to spell your last name correctly!

B)

:lol: And how do you figure that out Duke? Duncan MacRae = Duncan Son of Rae

Also, Scotch is an alcoholic drink and not accepted by us Scots as a shorter abbreviation of Scottish. Ask Bill Miller, I believe he's probably an expert on Scotch :lol:

Well, of course, good sir, I'd have realized that by havin' some of that foin malt, and a wee bit too much, I'd have! Now, of course, to say that Scots and Scotch aren't both alcoholic, I think, is to stretch matters just a tad, but I think I discern yer distinction, tho' I'm sure you'd have to admit it's a bit blurred ... or maybe that's "blurry." But c'mon: bagpipes 'n' skirts? That nails it, fer sure: QED, as I'm so fond o' sayin'!

As my grandpa used to say, there's no need to argue the point for we all realize that there are but two kinds of people in the world: the Irish and the ones who wish they were. (Should that all be capitalized? I'm nah sure.) As proof, I submit to you March 17 and challenge you to come up with another day when everyone acts like a drunken Scottish fool!

I rest my case and invite you to spell yer name any which way you choose (for McRae would mean the same thing across the Sea, tho' Ray would probably have spelled his name right too!), so long as neither of us are bloody Brits! Carferanip? I kindrinkta that!

B) (closest thing to a sweepin' bow they had!)

And PS - Miller? Lite? Well, I suppose just about anything's possible. ;)

Edited by Duke Lane

Easy answer is:

(1) CE 399 didn't come from Connally's thigh; and (2) it wasn't planted at Parkland.

CE399 fell out of the shallow back wound of JFK at Parkland.

It would appear that we have a winner!
Once again does nothing to answer the question about the Connolly thigh wound!
Before one soars with the eagles, he should first learn to walk with the chickens.

Besides that metaphor, I long ago explained that the Connally leg/thigh wound was created by the one and only true "Magic Bullet".. IE: Shot#3!

The one down in front of James Altgens position which went through the coat collar of JFK, struck in the edge of the hairline, tunnelling DOWNWARD through the soft tissue at the base of the neck to strike the skull in the EOP region of the skull at a higher elevation than the entry point through the skin at the base of the neck, to thereafter continue on through the mid-brain of JFK, exit in the frontal lobe of the brain where the skull bone was already absent from the second shot/aka Z313 impact.

To then exit the frontal lobe of the skull and continue on downwards, striking JBC in the back right shoulder; penetrating downward through his chest and glancing off the right fifth rib to exit the chest and then enter the left leg/thigh.

All of which shot, as well as the bullet, was ultimately made to disappear.

Bawwk! Bawwk-baawwwk! (Skip-skip, flap-flap!) Okay, so I admit that I couldn't follow that last if I was tied to it! Damn them eagles and their "magic" anyway!

I've always held a certain fondness that CE399 was, indeed, exactly as Humes and Tink (? I think it was him) surmised: bullet worked back out during CPR, someone picked it up as a souvenir, thought better of it but too late, stuck it on a stretcher and hoped nobody saw him (or her). When it became the solution to the entire murder, well, what idiot's gonna admit what they'd done now?!?

As for Connally's thigh, the rest of that scenario - that CE399 only penetrated a short distance - is that the fragment was of the bullet that went through his back, shattered with the impact on his wrist (which did the same), and scattered through the car and onto the street, including hitting the inside of the windshield.

It could be possible - tho' unlikely - that it ended up chipping a curb not too far away as well, but I'm not going to go out on that limb (and have it tumble my trajectory!!).

Some things become self-evident in this scenario, especially as relates to the question of what happened to the rest of the bullet. First, that if a whole bullet chipped the "Tague curb," then this is a fourth bullet. Second, if it is a fourth bullet, then it wasn't fired from the Carcano. And third, if it wasn't fired from the Carcano, then none of the characteristics of the 6.5 ammo needs have applied to this projectile, including that it needn't have been full metal jacket or have been of even the same general weight characteristics.

No evidence of it? Of course not: it was designed to effectively explode on impact with a surface roughly as dense as a skull. The rib didn't qualify; the radius did. Poof! Aww gone. All that's left is a little lead ... and of course, such a bullet could have been made using the lead "guts" of the 6.5 ammo (and whatever else).

Not my theory, tho' I admit it's not half-bad!

CE399 was merely a fluke, an accident of "nature," as it were.

Being mostly Irish myself (tho' I've got a fifth of Scotch in me!), I knew that. I only supposed you were Scottish because you don't know how to spell your last name correctly!

:tomatoes

:lol: And how do you figure that out Duke? Duncan MacRae = Duncan Son of Rae

Also, Scotch is an alcoholic drink and not accepted by us Scots as a shorter abbreviation of Scottish. Ask Bill Miller, I believe he's probably an expert on Scotch :lol:

Well, of course, good sir, I'd have realized that by havin' some of that foin malt, and a wee bit too much, I'd have! Now, of course, to say that Scots and Scotch aren't both alcoholic, I think, is to stretch matters just a tad, but I think I discern yer distinction, tho' I'm sure you'd have to admit it's a bit blurred ... or maybe that's "blurry." But c'mon: bagpipes 'n' skirts? That nails it, fer sure: QED, as I'm so fond o' sayin'!

As my grandpa used to say, there's no need to argue the point for we all realize that there are but two kinds of people in the world: the Irish and the ones who wish they were. (Should that all be capitalized? I'm nah sure.) As proof, I submit to you March 17 and challenge you to come up with another day when everyone acts like a drunken Scottish fool!

I rest my case and invite you to spell yer name any which way you choose (for McRae would mean the same thing across the Sea, tho' Ray would probably have spelled his name right too!), so long as neither of us are bloody Brits! Carferanip? I kindrinkta that!

:clapping (closest thing to a sweepin' bow they had!)

And PS - Miller? Lite? Well, I suppose just about anything's possible. ;)

My nickname for him is Druncan MacRave