The Education Forum

Running Man

Robin Unger

Credit: Jeff Rollins.

Jeff posted this image on Lancer and it peaked my curiousity.

In a Muchmore blow up i had, it did appear to me that the running man was of dark complection, and appeared to be wearing a dark cardigan or sweater.

Since he did take of like a rocket in Muchmore, i'm not sure he would have have stayed near the bench. ?

NOT UNLESS in Muchmore he didn't bolt out into the Carpark area as some beleive, but actually dived down behind the concrete wall near the bench.

That may account for the man yarborough saw diving to the ground.

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the Darnell / Underwood frame above.

For about a year now i have been thinking that the man and woman seen in the Darnell / Underwood frame, may actually be the black couple seen by Sitzman.

I took into account there close vacinity to the bench when this film was taken, the fact that the paper bag is still sitting on the bench, and there overall body language.

I agree, great find. It doesn't make the BDM image any clearer, but I think the theory that it's this man's wife and child is the most plausible.

I agree, great find. It doesn't make the BDM image any clearer, but I think the theory that it's this man's wife and child is the most plausible.

Thanks Ron.

I can't say 100% positively that it is the same man seen in Muchmore and Darnell, but there appears to be a lot of similarities between the two men.

Both are Dark Complected.

Both are wearing a brown Sweater.

Both have dark coloured trousers.

Robin.

Robin,

Darnell / Underwood frame:

In this clearer version you can see that the woman standing next to the black man appears to have a "small child" resting on her right hip.

Do you think that what she is wearing on her head could account for the weird shape of the Black Dog Man's head?

Steve Thomas

Robin,
Darnell / Underwood frame:

In this clearer version you can see that the woman standing next to the black man appears to have a "small child" resting on her right hip.

Do you think that what she is wearing on her head could account for the weird shape of the Black Dog Man's head?

Steve Thomas

Thanks for the comments Peter.

Hi Steve.

It seems to me that a woman nursing a small child in her arms or on her hip, would make for a strange looking silouette when seen in " Dark Shadow "

Edited by Robin Unger

Looking at this blackdog image i see a white patch to the left of the dark dog shape patch.

The white patch appears to start level with the top of the wall.

I would speculate that the woman has the child actually sitting on the wall, and that she is leaning forward with her arms resting on the wall supporting the child.

quote]

Great post Robin...Looking at Darnell and Muchmore, I believe you are on to something, as both men appear to have the same as you say, body language and appearance.

Adding your comment about Yarborough's diving man this all seems to tie up and makes perfect sense.

It could also be that the man walked down to the steps for a closer view and left his wife and child behind the wall, in effect making Black Dog Man a Black Dog Woman. On hearing the shots, he would instinctively run back towards the wall to protect his wife and child.

Great discovery in my opinion.

Duncan MacRae

Can anyone coordinate the man standing next to Hudson with the black man Sitzman spoke of prior to the shooting? I am having trouble seeing how he could have been sitting next to Hudson and carrying on a conversation and still be on the bench having lunch with a black woman. Anyone actually looked at this or would it be too much trouble?

And didn't the Aerospace Corp say that they found the BDM in Willis to have the same color skin as Sitzman?? Is this not important???

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk..._Vol6_0065b.htm

Oh yes ... here is a better image of the BDM ...

Now here is a question I have not heard mentioned yet ... if the woman is holding a baby and both are in white, then why would the baby only be seen in Betzner or Willis??? I am only trying to rationalize what is being posted.

Wasn't some of you saying in the past that this was a guy in a brimmed hat and he was shooting at the President??? Has anyone checked any of the other assassination images to see if this couple crossed Elm by way of the south pasture???

Duncan called this the best enhancement made of the BDM ... (see below)

Can someone see a black woman and a baby in that enhancement??? If not, then why would someone be so quick to think the BDM mystery has been solved because a post assassination film shows a black woman with a baby on the knoll??? Did Sitzman mention a woman holding a baby??? Just curious.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Looking at this blackdog image i see a white patch to the left of the dark dog shape patch.

I would speculate that the woman has the child actually sitting on the wall, and that she is leaning forward with her arms resting on the wall supporting the child.

But she is wearing white, and blackdogman is wearing black!

Otherwise...a good theory!

Jack

But she is wearing white, and blackdogman is wearing black!

Otherwise...a good theory!

Jack

Thanks Jack.

I am still at the speculation stage.

QUOTE:

Can anyone coordinate the man standing next to Hudson with the black man Sitzman spoke of prior to the shooting? I am having trouble seeing how he could have been sitting next to Hudson and carrying on a conversation and still be on the bench having lunch with a black woman. Anyone actually looked at this or would it be too much trouble?

As i understand it Hudson said that the young man worked in the Industrial area to the West.

exactly what time he arrived we don't know.

Was he working that day, or did he take the day off to watch the motorcade. ?

I beleive Hudson said that he had parked his car out in the Carpark area behind the Pergola.

I am assuming that Running Man didn't knock of at lunch time ( 12:pm ) and then get in his car and drive down to Dealey Plaza, and then try and find a car park, and then walk from the carpark to the steps, and then sit down on the steps next to Hudson a complete stranger, and then begin to have a long enough conversation with him that Hudson found out that the man had driven to the location, parked his car out in the carpark, and know were the man worked.

And all this happened well before (12:30pm)

Or, "THE OTHER SCENARIO" is that the man wasn't working that day, or had knocked of early from work so that he could take his family to see the Motorcade.

The family then arrive well before ( 12.00pm) and are able to secure a good position "on the bench" in which to have there lunch and watch the Motorcade as it passes.

Having had his lunch the man then leaves his wife and child on the bench and moves a little closer to the steps to get a better look.

He then strikes up a conversation with Hudson who is a complete stranger, possibly to ask when the motorcade is due to arrive.

As he does so, his wife carrying the child in her arms moves forward from the bench to the corner of the retaining wall.

She tries to get a better position, as by now it would be between ( 12:00 and 12:30 pm ) and getting closer to the time that the motorcade should be arriving.

All speculation of course, but then what isn't in this case. !

Edited by Robin Unger