The Education Forum

Running Man

Robin Unger

Quote:

Robin,

The reason the film, shot by WFAA's Mal Couch, looks so sharp and clear is that it has been preserved by The Sixth Floor Museum. The Museum owns the original 1963 videotape of the film's broadcast and a first generation print of the original footage. The whereabouts of the camera original film is currently unknown.

Gary Mack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this text on the image below is correct.!

And this is Murray's last photo taken at 12:40

Then "ALL" of the other Murray images taken in "Dealey Plaza" during the immediate aftermath must have been taken before 12:40 pm.

That only gives him a 10-minute time frame, does that sound correct. ?

If that is correct, than most of his TSBD AND KNOLL photo's, should contain mostly the same groups of people.

I sent Gary Mack an Email, i will wait to hear back on his answer to this question. !

QUOTE:

Robin,

The text likely refers to the last of Murray’s photo of the guy picking up something, not the last of all his Dealey Plaza pictures. I think you have a copy of Trask’s That Day in Dallas book. If so, Murray’s story is there.

Gary

Thanks Gary.

I will have a look at my copy of " That day in Dallas " and see what is says regarding Murrrays photo's.

Looking at the start of the animated, gif does any one else see a man in a long light jacket appear to embrace the woman or the baby ? They both seem to move towards each other.

Moving on, in the 1st photo, I find it helpful to presume that the 'face' of the woman that appears to be looking to the left of the photo is probably someone else stood just behind her. To me she becomes much less contorted and seems to be glancing towards 'no feet' man over her right shoulder.

Regarding the issue of 'no feet', he's not the only person in the images whose limbs are affected by the motion of the film.

The man in the hat looking down seems to lose his fingers and the woman walking from left to right with a child appears to lose her right foot. It suggest to me that elements of the images are just 'bleeding' into each other.

Hi Mark.:

Good eye....She also seems to turn toward the man in the rain coat ? Which would mean she is facing him if so.....

another woman's face on the left or whatever in the background , could very well be..

There are many "body parts" that appear to go missing within some of the photos..honest... :lol:

More than likely as you say, could be "bleeding" , of "body parts" into each other , say...groan.

Really though, more than likely.....As well cameras and film were not as today,in 63.

Many thanks for your contribution....

B.....

More

Edited by Bernice Moore

All.......

Below shows clips of the films during and immediately after ....it is 8 minutes ...duration..

Robin.......Check out, right after the Wiegman Film, as the motorcade has turned the Elm St. corner....

Also as it shows the crowds coming from Main across the park and up the steps...

One Never knows...

The Critical Minutes...also includes Darnell Film

Below separate is..

The Darnell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6kqg3zCBw

Does it appear the man is or has just arrived, for a view from the wall or perhaps it is the

movement of the camera man.....??

Thanks....

B........

Edited by Bernice Moore

All.......

Below shows clips of the films during and immediately after ....it is 8 minutes ...duration..

Robin.......Check out, right after the Wiegman Film, as the motorcade has turned the Elm St. corner....

Also as it shows the crowds coming from Main across the park and up the steps...

One Never knows...

The Critical Minutes...also includes Darnell Film

Below separate is..

The Darnell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6kqg3zCBw

Does it appear the man is or has just arrived, for a view from the wall or perhaps it is the

movement of the camera man.....??

Thanks....

B........

Thanks Bernice:

The " Critical Minutes " Video was very interesting.

Most of it i have on Groden's DVD's

But the B&W footage taken in the Carpark is new to me, i have not seen that before.

Thanks.

Always a bit more new, Robin......at times.....

Here are two more Darnell frames I have been studying..?

In the first I do not see the man...at the wall.....It would appear

he has not arrived there as yet, and I cannot find her there either....??

I found a photo that was cropped and enlarged of the lunch bags the

Detectives are examining....I have nought about, the line.

FWTAW....

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Lee Forman mentioned to me about Charles Roberts making the statement below.

"A Negro snatched up his child and dashed off; a motorcycle cop jumped the curb, drew his gun and chased him."

I think that most of us assumed he was refering to the Chisms. ?

Could it be possible that he was actually refering to the Running Man bolting from the top step, grabbing his wife and child, and heading for the Carpark area.

"A Negro snatched up his child and dashed off; a motorcycle cop jumped the curb, drew his gun and chased him."

Could it be possible that he was actually refering to the Running Man bolting from the top step, grabbing his wife and child, and heading for the Carpark area.

That would be too late as far as I know..to have seen either the Chisms or anyone run up the steps.......I believe he was on the first bus with Robert (?) MacNeill, another I believe of the W/H reporters....the first bus had not turned the corner onto Houston from Main.........when the shots

had sounded, though it would have been close to the Main & Houston corner at that time.....as far as I know he continued on to Parkland, but not positive.....MacNeill I recall did get out, and ended up at the TSBD, where he asked a young man in short sleeves where a phone was, at the doorway, he does not know to this day if it was LHO....he caught a ride then to Parkland, if memory is kicking in.. :huh:

Though I know what MacNeil say nows, the films and photos, have proven them to be in error...though Roberts may have seen another man pick up another child,in the Houston St. area...That could have been.....

Charles Roberts BTW went on to write a small pocket book, "The Truth About The Assassination" in 67, trashing the critics , they were all nuts of course.....and praising the W/C for getting it right..that information is within such, and me thinks he was using perhaps some of what he had heard or read to improve such ???..the book is similar to other Gov funded trash of the time...IMO..... :blink:

B.......

Edited by Bernice Moore

That would be too late as far as I know..to have seen either the Chisms or anyone run up the steps.......I believe he was on the first bus with Robert (?) MacNeill, another I believe of the W/H reporters....the first bus had not turned the corner onto Houston from Main.........when the shots

had sounded, though it would have been close to the Main & Houston corner at that time.....as far as I know he continued on to Parkland, but not positive.....MacNeill I recall did get out, and ended up at the TSBD, where he asked a young man in short sleeves where a phone was, at the doorway, he does not know to this day if it was LHO....he caught a ride then to Parkland, if memory is kicking in.. :huh:

Though I know what MacNeil say nows, the films and photos, have proven them to be in error...though Roberts may have seen another man pick up another child,in the Houston St. area...That could have been.....

Charles Roberts BTW went on to write a small pocket book, "The Truth About The Assassination" in 67, trashing the critics , they were all nuts of course.....and praising the W/C for getting it right..that information is within such, and me thinks he was using perhaps some of what he had heard or read to improve such ???..the book is similar to other Gov funded trash of the time...IMO..... :blink:

B.......

Thanks Bernice:

Yes i think you are right , the first time i see the press Bus 1 is in Bond (5) that appears to be too late in the Timeline.

Here is another Murray i found.

The quality is not the best, is was scanned from a poor quality photo.

Charles Roberts BTW went on to write a small pocket book, "The Truth About The Assassination" in 67, trashing the critics , they were all nuts of course.....and praising the W/C for getting it right..that information is within such, and me thinks he was using perhaps some of what he had heard or read to improve such ???..the book is similar to other Gov funded trash of the time...IMO..... :huh:

B.......

Thanks Bernice:

Yes i think you are right , the first time i see the press Bus 1 is in Bond (5) that appears to be too late in the Timeline.

Here is another Murray i found.

The quality is not the best, is was scanned from a poor quality photo.

Look to the right, the young man, in the Murray...with the Jacket with the white shoulder inserts, H.S jacket similar to those that the two young

men wore who were standing inside the first, alcove and then ran up the knoll hill to the top of the fence, where

the Ruby lookalike appears...just a note,could be the tallest one....??

I have some Jim Murray's, but all are appreciated, back then we did not carry the babes papoose style like to day, in the carriers...

we wore out arms out, and ended up having muscles, :blink:

Here are two for you,I have compiled, showing the motorcade, and they are marked, on Houston, as they had come around the corner.....

For now.....

B...

Edited by Bernice Moore