In a Southern town,

In the summer of his years,

Yes, the summer of his years.

And we who stay mustn't ever lose,

The victories that he's won,

For wherever "man" looks to Freedom's past,

His soul goes riding on,

Lord, his soul goes riding on!

And look at the changes we have been through in the last 45 years. 45 years and 1 day ago tthe President of the United States could ride through an American city in an open car. Now he can't walk in front of a window at the White House. Your kids could play in the yard after dark, but they can't now. You thought the Government always told you the truth, when in reality we now know that they don't think we can handle the truth. In some American cities you don't leave your house now after dark. 45 years ago you knew the names of ALL your neighbors on your block and you actually talked to them I've lived in the house that I live in now for the last 2 years, I couldn't even tell you my neighbors names. Think about it ..... alot more died on that street in Dallas than just a man named John Fitzgerald Kennedy... May he forever rest in peace!

Mike

Bill, great essay on your blog ("45 Years Gone"). Everyone should read it and support the pursuit of disclosure and truth that you advocate at http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/ .

Let's also remember J.D. Tippit, tragically murdered 45 years ago today as well.

Dale Myers, author of With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, has a new essay on the 45th anniversary of Tippit's murder at his JFK Files blog.

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Steve

Edited by Steve Rosen

Officer Tippit's murder is so overshadowed by the assassination of the President, it is important for us to remember the tragedy that his family had to endure as well. Our prayers are certainly with them on this day. Having said that, I would like to take some time to discuss something that I found while reading the article that Steve brought to our attention.

"Considering the amount of time that had elapsed and Oswald's own knowledge of what he had done, I don't believe anyone can safely assume that Oswald would have acted calm and cool in the presence of any Dallas police car." Dale K. Meyers-With Malice: The Tippit Murder 45 Years Later.

I was going to post about how Oswald would not immediately turn around upon seeing officer Tippit, but as I read on, Mr. Myers beat me to it. He indicated that most believe that no one would have been so obvious as to do an about face with a police officer looking at him. However, he says that is exactly what Oswald did because of his having been overcome with nerves and concern about being caught.

I would like to take this time to emphatically disagree and argue that the time for "nerves" had long passed, way back at the TSBD. Lee Harvey Oswald was very calm when confronted by officer Baker, and raised no cause for alarm, even with a gun pointed at him. He was just standing there enjoying a coke.

I went deer hunting here in Kentucky last weekend and managed to get a nice six point buck. I must say that "buck fever" is real. If one gets as nervous as I was from shooting an animal, I can not even imagine how one would react after having just shot the President of the United States.

As a side note, I will also mention for all of us that have talked about whether it could have been determined if the Manlicher Carcano was fired that day, I did smell both the bullet and the rifle, and the strong smell of gunpowder was present in both.

Terry

Edited by Terry Adams

Bill, great essay on your blog. Everyone should read it and support the pursuit of disclosure and truth that you advocate at http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/ .

Let's also remember J.D. Tippit, tragically murdered 45 years ago today as well.

Dale Myers, author of With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, has a new essay on the 45th anniversary of Tippit's murder at his JFK Files blog.

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for commenting on my essay 45 Years Gone and for calling my attention to Dale's latest entry.

Yes, lets not forget Dallas PD officer J.D. Tippit, who was killed in the line of duty on 11/22/63 and whose death is connected to the assassination of President Kennedy.

Right off the bat Myers tells you he's not interested in the truth of what happened but rather his efforts are to "dispel the myths" about the Tippit murder, though he continues to propagate myths himself,

While I tend to agree with DM's analysis of the wallet(s) and even his assertion Tippit's killer was walking west rather than east and did a quick switcheroo, Dale fudges on the fact that it would take even longer for Oswald to get there and walk back towards his rooming house, and its hard to beleive he walked that far in such a short amount of time without being seen by anyone.

They set up this two sided argument between Lone Nutters and Conspiracy Theoristis, and want us to believe that after being accused of being one of Bugliosi's ghost writers there's actual friction and debate between them over the detials of what really happened. Give me a freaken break.

Myers also continues to complain that conspiacy theorists falsley claim Tippit was part of a conspiracy, that his home life was total harmony, and attribute feelings and beliefs to the accused assassin as a motive for his actions and deny that his initials J.D. "mean anything."

"One such myth that sprung up around the Tippit name was the falsehood that Officer Tippit's initials "J.D." stood for "Jefferson Davis," ssays Myers, before noting that, "The family told me that Edgar Lee Tippit named his son after "J.D. of the Mountains," a character in a book he had read once while on a hunting trip. The initials never stood for anything."

But wait a minute Dale, didn't you just tell us that the initials stood for the title character in the book "J.D. of the Mountains"? Doesn't that stand for something?

"Of course, the physical evidence coupled with the eyewitness testimony shows Oswald to be the killer beyond all doubt," he assures us, and that "Keeping the controversy and myths alive has become a parlor game for many, a reason to get together, attend conferences, post messages on the Internet, and ponder the many ways the various puzzle pieces might fit together."

While we play a palor game, "For the Tippit family, it is a raw, open wound that will never completely heal."

And as with the families of other victims of violent crimes, they should have closure with the solving of this eminently resolveable crime.

Since this thread is about the 45th Anniversary I brought back another Dale Myers thread to discuss some of his theories.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...mp;#entry158718

BK

Did anybody pick up any local news stories on JFK assassination anniverseary?

Especially any stories with local witnesses that might not have made the national press?

Thanks,

BK

I did not see any stories involving "witnesses", but this is from a small town in Iowa and suggests that the 60's generation is still bewildered by the news.

http://www.esthervilledailynews.com/page/c...7.html?nav=5003

Today, many Americans no longer believe the Warren Commission findings. The Assassination Records Review Board criticized the autopsy on several grounds including destruction the burning of the original draft of the autopsy report and notes taken by Cmdr. James Humes at the time of the autopsy were destroyed. There was also a failure to maintain a proper chain of evidence of autopsy materials.

Lyndon Baines Johnson, Kennedy's vice president and successor, began his presidency with a message of hope. He called for a Great Society in which hunger and disease would vanish from America.

Instead, within two years of Kennedy's assassination, America was at war in South Vietnam.

If you search JFK Assassination 45th Anniversary YouTube you will get a half dozen videotaped reports from Dealey Plaza.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jfk-45th...cid=VIDURVNWS03

Jim Marrs, Bob Groden,....

More will be posted later.

There's one segment from Dallas that includes a new interview with former Dallas policeman Robert Rowe, who is identified as having worked "undercover" and who was in on the arrest at the Texas Theater.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

If you search JFK Assassination 45th Anniversary YouTube you will get a half dozen videotaped reports from Dealey Plaza.

There's one segment from Dallas that includes a new interview with former Dallas policeman Robert Rowe, who is identified as having worked "undercover" and who was in on the arrest at the Texas Theater.

That's right: Bob is the "beatnik" whose image was removed from all the photos. His memory of the event is sharp, though; you can almost hear that gun snap when he tells it.

That's right: Bob is the "beatnik" whose image was removed from all the photos. His memory of the event is sharp, though; you can almost hear that gun snap when he tells it.

Yea, instead of a cheap Saturday Night special, if Oswald had a Walter PPK or a Beretta, maybe there would have been two dead cops and we would have never heard of Jack Ruby.

So they removed Rowe's picture from the photos? I don't beleive that.

And he went undercover as a beatnick?

Did he write poetry too?

Did he try to infiltrate leftists coffee houses?

Where was he just before he went to the theater?

Was he on foot, walking around or in a car? An unmarked car?

Now I'm really interested.

Come on Duke, give us the scoop on Rowe, the undercover, plainclothes undercover cop who was in on the arrest of Oswald?

BK

I'd love to, Bill, but I'd be accused of discrediting another "eyewitness." But if you find someone in a theater photo with a ponytail, let me know.

I'd love to, Bill, but I'd be accused of discrediting another "eyewitness." But if you find someone in a theater photo with a ponytail, let me know.

Besides featuring an article about JFK, along with a 1963 Elaine de Kooning portrait of President Kennedy, the following website, rocks........

http://face2face.si.edu/my_weblog/biography/

Happy Thanksgiving.........

Edited by Robert Howard

Yo! Duke,

Some eye witnesses deserve being discredited.

So DPD officer Robert Rowe was working undercover on 11/22/63, wearing a poney tail and dressed like a beatnick, and was in on the arrest of Oswald at the Texas Theater, but all photos of him have been docktored to protect his identity?

Now you're gun shy about discrediting witnesses?

BK