The Education Forum

Mr. and Mrs. Hester...who were they

Jack White

Guest John Gillespie
KARL IF YOU MEAN THE HESTERS, CHARLES OR BEATRICE OR MARILYN SITZMAN NO THEY WERE NOT CALLED.THEY DID NOT TAKE A STATEMENT FROM SITZMAN EITHER....OOPS SORRY SAW IT WAS TO GILLESPIE .B

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that Bernice. Which is a worse report - the Warren Commission or the 911 Commission?! It's the same ballpark, or plaza, isn't it?

Regards,

JG

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Gillespie
Gillespie: Did either one of them testify to the Warren Commission?

No

-----------------

Thanks Double K. Is this not a fun thread?

JG

Jack.

I have been looking at Beatrice Hester in Bronson.

I beleive that the white object she is holding in Bronson, which can also be seen lying on the ground in Weigman and Bell may be a white coat.

If you look at the clearer frame i posted from the start of the Zapruder film, there appears to be a coat behind Beatrice thrown across the back of the park bench.

coat in the shadow on her left, coat seen in sunlight on her right.

Also Sitzmans large black hand back can be seen sitting on the bench in front of Beatrice's right hand.

siz_zap.jpg

Sitzman's handbag is hanging on her arm.

Jack

Guest John Gillespie
Jack.

I have been looking at Beatrice Hester in Bronson.

I beleive that the white object she is holding in Bronson, which can also be seen lying on the ground in Weigman and Bell may be a white coat.

If you look at the clearer frame i posted from the start of the Zapruder film, there appears to be a coat behind Beatrice thrown across the back of the park bench.

coat in the shadow on her left, coat seen in sunlight on her right.

Also Sitzmans large black hand back can be seen sitting on the bench in front of Beatrice's right hand.

siz_zap.jpg

Sitzman's handbag is hanging on her arm.

Jack

Here's a thread from three years ago on the Hesters:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9353

JG

Guest John Gillespie

Here's a statement dated 11/22/63 that Charles Hester signed for Sheriff Decker of the Dallas County Sheriff's Department:

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...ker_Ex_5323.pdf

VOLUNTARY STATEMENT. Not Under Arrest Form No. 86

SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

COUNTY OF DALLAS, TEXAS

Before me, the undersigned authority, on this the 22nd day of November A.D. 1963 personally appeared Charles Hester, Address 2616 Keyhole, Irving Age 28 , Phone No. None

Deposes and says:

My wife, Beatrice and I were sitting on the grass on the slope on Elm Street where the park is located. When President Kennedy's car got almost down to the underpass, I heard two shots ring out. Thye [sic] sounded like they came from immediately behind us and over our heads. We did [not?] see the shooting. I immediately turned and looked at the Texas Book Depository building and did not see anyone. The shots sounded like the [sic] definitely came from in or around the building. I grabbed my wife because I didn't know where the next shot was coming from and dragged her up next to the concrete imbankment [sic] and threw her down on the ground and got on the ground with her. Then there was utter confusion. The Police rushed toward the railroad tracks and I finally found an officer to go to the Texas Book Depository Building. The officer I contacted was Officer Wiseman of the Dallas Sheriff's Department.

/s/ Charles Hester

Subscribed and sworn to before me on this the 22nd day of Nov A. D. 1963

/s/ Aleen Davis

Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

Also, Harrison E. Livingston wrote on page 194 of "The Radical Right And The Murder Of John F. Kennedy..." that "The subjects (that) Zapruder filmed in Dealey Plaza shortly before President Kennedy's fatal motorcade came along were Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice and Charles Hester. Charles Hester owned a company called Commercial Photography. The question is, was the Hester couple related to Robert and Pat Hester, parents of Vicky Mayne, who were part owners with Fritz and Helen Holland, of The National Film Company, a lab that Vicky Mayne told me actually developed numerous of the films and photographs, including photos of the body at Parkland which she saw and which made her throw up (Killing The Truth p. 511-512). She told me she had helped develop the Zapruder film."

It is Livingston's theory that "It is reasonable that another person was operating a camera close by Zapruder with essentially the same perspective, perhaps in the 'pill box' just behind Zapruder in the pergola."

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

• 2 weeks later...

Beatrice Hester said that she was very upset, so they went straight to their car, which I believe was parked behind the Pergola. ...and they left. But since everyone has believed it was Beatrice fixing to cross the street to the Dal Tex, with Sitzman..it conflicted. But now, maybe her and Charles did go to their car as she said. But who could this other couple be and what happened to the man that was on the ground with her? I had never felt this was the same couple, but then what do I know...lol

Dixie

Great info Bernice.

Perhaps you or Dixie can give us some insight into the length of a ladies scarf and the probability of the two different designs which Sitz (or whoever this might be) uses

in these frames. Notice the scarf shape on her chest.

By the way, this is the other frame I couldn't remember with both Hester/Sitz in it. (Or whoever they may be.)

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

i have no idea right now of the measurements will need to dig one out unless dixie's are readily handy...the kerchiefs we wore of the silken material were large squares that you then folder into a triangle placed over your head and tied under your chin.now and again they are stillused....it would appear that she had perhaps taken it off and replaced it back on her head if so and the corners did not meet exactly that could account for the ties appearing of different lengths...there are two more of marilyn i believe i will find and post...thanks chris muches... :wacko: b

Edited by Bernice Moore

chris here is one showing both marilyn and bev oliver at a symposium in dallas some years back 1993 i was in contact with bev to ask how tall marilyn was as she was a big girl, both were big texan girls... :wacko: she said bev, that she always wore very high heels and she recalls that marilyn was about the same height as she eye to eye.when they met...i will look up bev's height that she told me she was and she also mentioned i think the height of the heels you will see other witnesses there thay day in the photo, her height can be compared to theirs also..if known .for now b..ps in another photo of marilyn taken at the dallas symposium it appears she marilyn wore flats notice her shoes also in this photo..see what you think..to me they appear to be sandals.... pps in the third photo m.s it at the first pergola whicch she never mentioned...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Miscellany:

I believe I read or got somewhere that Sitzman was 5'10".

On the Hesters it is very odd about the documents listing them as colored.

This seems an unlikely mistake. The conflicting statements of the Hesters

are also odd.

Clearly the Wiegman Hesters differ from the Zapruder Hesters. So far, the

first ID of the Wiegman Hesters is by Trask. I find that suspicious.

We need to get somebody interested in tracking this down. I understand

Beatrice is still alive, but no longer lives in Dallas.

Jack

I have been looking to try to find who identified the Wiegman couple as the Hesters. It seems to have been

Trask. Anybody interested in further tracking? Trask gives a meaningless footnote number.

Something is phony here. Who is the Wiegman couple?

Jack

I beleive that Dick Sprague identified them as the Hesters back in the 70's.