The Education Forum

What Happened In Dallas- Where Does Everyone Stand?

I think it would be illuminating for posters to state their own personal beliefs as to what happened on November 22, 1963. In light of the fact that some seem to have changed their position over the years (as I have certainly pointed out several times), it would be educational for all of us to see who now believes what.

This is not to infer that there is anything suspicious about changing one's beliefs. I just think that posters on this forum should be up front about where they're coming from.

I'd like to know if you:

- Believe Oswald fired any shots

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit

- Believe the single bullet theory is possible

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved

I'll get things started by saying that I think Oswald fired no weapons that day. I tend to agree with Jim Garrison that he was some sort of intelligence operative, who was assigned at the time of the assassination to infiltrate a group he was told was planning on murdering JFK. I don't think Oswald killed Tippit. I think the single bullet theory is scientifically impossible. I think shots were fired from at least two directions (at least one rear location and one front location). I think the Secret Service failed miserably on the day of the assassination, and I can't accept that their failure was due merely to incompetence. I think Greer, Kellerman and Emory Roberts, at the very least, had prior knowledge of the assassination. I think LBJ and other high public officials (Hoover, McGeorge Bundy, among others) were active participants in the conspiracy and coverup.

In short, I think there was a massive conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy and coverup the crime afterwards. I think the most powerful forces in our society at that time were involved.

So, what's your take? For once, let's hear everyone's opinion without referencing the perceived shortcomings of other posters. Where do you stand?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know if you:

- Believe Oswald fired any shots NO

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit NO

- Believe the single bullet theory is possible NO

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions BOTH

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas WHAT PERFORMANCE B)

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved YES

I'll get things started by saying that I think Oswald fired no weapons that day. I tend to agree with Jim Garrison that he was some sort of intelligence operative, who was assigned at the time of the assassination to infiltrate a group he was told was planning on murdering JFK. I don't think Oswald killed Tippit. I think the single bullet theory is scientifically impossible. I think shots were fired from at least two directions (at least one rear location and one front location). I think the Secret Service failed miserably on the day of the assassination, and I can't accept that their failure was due merely to incompetence. I think Greer, Kellerman and Emory Roberts, at the very least, had prior knowledge of the assassination. I think LBJ and other high public officials (Hoover, McGeorge Bundy, among others) were active participants in the conspiracy and coverup.

In short, I think there was a massive conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy and coverup the crime afterwards. I think the most powerful forces in our society at that time were involved. AGREED B)

So, what's your take? For once, let's hear everyone's opinion without referencing the perceived shortcomings of other posters. Where do you stand?

B

Edited by Bernice Moore

- Believe Oswald fired any shots No

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit 95% No 5% Yes (the 5% Yes is IF he killed Tipped its only because he knew he was being set up and thought that Tippet was going to kill him, so he shot first, but im almost 100% No

-Believe the single bullet theory is possible No way

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions Both Directions, 2 shooters from rear (TSBD and Dal Tex) and 1 shooter from front (Badgeman position)

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas, Im with Bernice on this one What performance

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved, Big Yes

In short, I think there was a massive conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy and coverup the crime afterwards. I think the most powerful forces in our society at that time were involved: I agree with you 100% Don

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Guest James H. Fetzer

Nice post, Don. I think we are in substantial agreement, apart, perhaps, that eight, nine, or ten shots appear to have been fired from six different locations. On the "magic bullet" theory, see "Reasoning about Assassinations" (google). On the assassination and cover-up, see my chapter in http://www.und.edu/instruct/jfkconference/ . For much more, see http://assassinationscience.com, http://assassinationresearch.com, and my new blog at http://jamesfetzer.blogspot.com, which features quite a lot on the death of JFK.

I think it would be illuminating for posters to state their own personal beliefs as to what happened on November 22, 1963. In light of the fact that some seem to have changed their position over the years (as I have certainly pointed out several times), it would be educational for all of us to see who now believes what.

This is not to infer that there is anything suspicious about changing one's beliefs. I just think that posters on this forum should be up front about where they're coming from.

I'd like to know if you:

In short, I think there was a massive conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy and coverup the crime afterwards. I think the most powerful forces in our society at that time were involved.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Nice post, Don. I think we are in substantial agreement, apart, perhaps, that eight, nine, or ten shots appear to have been fired from six different locations. On the "magic bullet" theory, see "Reasoning about Assassinations" (google). On the assassination and cover-up, see my chapter in http://www.und.edu/instruct/jfkconference/ . For much more, see http://assassinationscience.com, http://assassinationresearch.com, and my new blog at http://jamesfetzer.blogspot.com, which features quite a lot on the death of JFK.

Did you get all your plugs in? What, no new book? No film deal? Horne beat you to that one? He more presentable?

- Believe Oswald fired any shots NO

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit NO

- Believe the single bullet theory is possible NO

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions YES, FROM MANY DIRECTIONS

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas CONSPIRATORS

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved OF COURSE, AND THEN SOME

- Believe Oswald fired any shots - Yes, all of them.

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit - Yes.

- Believe the single bullet theory is possible - No, I think it is probable.

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions. - From behind only.

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas. - I think they were slow to react.

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved - No.

eight, nine, or ten shots appear to have been fired from six different locations.

There's no evidence to substantiate this claim, so why keep making it?

Paul.

- Believe Oswald fired any shots - Yes, all of them.

- Believe Oswald killed Tippit - Yes.

- Believe shots were fired from the front, back or both directions. - From behind only.

- Can assess the performance of the Secret Service in Dallas. - I think they were slow to react.

- Think LBJ and/or other high public officials were involved - No.

eight, nine, or ten shots appear to have been fired from six different locations.

Paul.

Bullet holes in the limousine and extra bullets in Dealey Plaza (Extended English Version)

No

No

Prima facie evidence of conspiracy: Entrance wound lower in the back; entrance

wound in the throat.

Several directions

Epic failure, except for Clint Hill and Glenn Bennett nailing the back wound

in testimony. I generally deplore the practice of turning witnesses into perps,

although Greer and Kellerman have earned suspicion.

The murder of JFK was pan-organizational, involving people with a variety of

backgrounds, some in the USG. My reading of history up to this point leaves me

with the sense that some Texas boys and some New York boys wanted to muscle

into international narcotics markets, and the demise of JFK was part of that. For the

Texas boys the death of JFK was an imperative; for the New York boys it was a contingency.

The Cowboys killed Kennedy, but as a false flag attack they failed to implicate Castro;

the Yankees covered it all up.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

:lol:

Cliffs best post ever

Read the Warren Report.

That's like saying -- "Read the Bible."

You're either a believer in fairy tales, or you aren't.

Read Rush to Judgement by Mark Lane

Stop it, you're killing me!

So there's no evidence that supports the single bullet theory?

* JFK and Connally reacting simultaneously to being shot.

* JFK and Connally aligned perfectly to receive the wounds they did from a single bullet.

* The line of the bullet goes straight back to Oswald on the sixth floor of the TSBD.

* No evidence of any other person shooting in Dealey Plaza (most people said they heard three shots. Not eight, or nine, or ten).

There are a few pointers. It's all rather obvious, really.