The Education Forum

Why do I have to do all of the photo analysis?

Jack White

hi jerry pleased to see you snaggled the copies of the artifact also....quote Jim Fetzer ''There is a pattern here. Mack sought to manipulate Mary Moorman from stepping into the street, as David Lifton has explained in the Appendix to "Moorman in the Street". He has participated in deceptive documentaries by offering specious arguments for not taking probable shooting locations seriously. He--and The 6th Floor Museum--are stonewalling my request to obtain a copy of the 4x5 slide of frame 317. And here is denies what everyone can see with their own eyes--that this is no artifact! I am reminded of that old Richard Pryor joke: "Who are you going to believe--me or your lying eyes?", in the new, updated version from Gary Mack!

Jim i have wondering the why we have not read anything further about the request to Gary for frame 317 what's the hold up Gary why?? shame......must you wait for those new specs..before you can see to find it..??.enquiring minds want to know...i think there may be only one reason Gary that you would not want to share a copy of the 4x5 slide of frame 317. and me thinks all here know the reason...get a move on and grant the request so the research can continue,,or is there some reason perhaps you do not wish it to..?? take care you need to...b.. :)

Edited by Bernice Moore

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jerry pleased to see you snaggled the copies of the artifact also....quote Jim Fetzer ''There is a pattern here. Mack sought to manipulate Mary Moorman from stepping into the street, as David Lifton has explained in the Appendix to "Moorman in the Street". He has participated in deceptive documentaries by offering specious arguments for not taking probable shooting locations seriously. He--and The 6th Floor Museum--are stonewalling my request to obtain a copy of the 4x5 slide of frame 317. And here is denies what everyone can see with their own eyes--that this is no artifact! I am reminded of that old Richard Pryor joke: "Who are you going to believe--me or your lying eyes?", in the new, updated version from Gary Mack!

Jim i have wondering the why we have not read anything further about the request to Gary for frame 317 what's the hold up Gary why?? shame......must you wait for those new specs..before you can see to find it..??.enquiring minds want to know...i think there may be only one reason Gary that you would not want to share a copy of the 4x5 slide of frame 317. and me thinks all here know the reason...get a move on and grant the request so the research can continue,,or is there some reason perhaps you do not wish it to..?? take care you need to...b.. B)

I guess the same can be said of Fetzer..where is the H7 frame 317???

Dr. Fetzer said:
Thanks, Jack. I meant "artifact" as feature of the celluloid rather than of the content of the frame. Predicatably, having nothing to contribute, Jerry Logan shows up to show solidarity with Tink and Lamson, arm in arm in defense of the indefensible! It is the Tink & Jerry & Lamson show again! Where would we be without the deepest and the best? You guys have to be getting overtime!

Well, it appears that it is a topic that alot of folks are interested in. I fully expect all of them to voice their opinions as well as you and Jack. That is what is predictable.

"Defense against the indefensible" is an opinion, and they could say the same thing about your response to what they present you.

It is supposed to work like this-back and forth until some conclusion is made. It is not an "it's true because I say it is", or "we say it is". Since the audience is allowed to view all of this, they'll make their own decision.

Why the overtime dig? Does that mean that anyone who believes the film is authentic is part of a cover up?

Not all. Just some. The others are just ignorant dupes.

As is clearly seen, the resolution is in the order of two pixels spanning the artefact, any smoothing will bleed.

Also, it could just be a scratch that hasn't had that liquid treatment mentioned in other topic.

post-667-1265235916.jpg

Nix was behind "Altgens". Logan's "major problem" is he does not know what he talking about.

So Jack, where do you think Nix (or the tripod) was located? Surely not where this plat shows him, right?

Logan

As far as I know it has been well established that Nix stood on the sidewalk, not in the intersection.

As far as Altgens location, I think it is established that he was at one time in the intersection. Then

there is Hughes, filming from a similar location. To me the oddity is that none of these three appears

in the images of the others.

Cutler, now deceased, drew the map based on onsite examination by him and Richard Sprague, using

images in their hands. I have never had reason to doubt their accuracy.

It is interesting that they give no location for Altgens 5 or 8.

post-667-1265235916.jpg

Nix was behind "Altgens". Logan's "major problem" is he does not know what he talking about.

So Jack, where do you think Nix (or the tripod) was located? Surely not where this plat shows him, right?

Logan

As far as I know it has been well established that Nix stood on the sidewalk, not in the intersection.

As far as Altgens location, I think it is established that he was at one time in the intersection. Then

there is Hughes, filming from a similar location. To me the oddity is that none of these three appears

Cutler, now deceased, drew the map based on onsite examination by him and Richard Sprague, using

There seems to be a large bus that would prevent anyone from filming the motorcade from that part of the sidewalk. Perhaps Cutler and Sprague weren't aware of it.

Bus.png

post-667-1265235916.jpg

Logan

There seems to be a large bus that would prevent anyone from filming the motorcade from that part of the sidewalk. Perhaps Cutler and Sprague weren't aware of it.

Bus.png

THE BUS WAS NOT THERE DURING THE MOTORCADE.

post-667-1265235916.jpg

Logan

Bus.png

THE BUS WAS NOT THERE DURING THE MOTORCADE.

Jack, that's the motorcade in the background. If you look closely it's just about the time Ready is lined up with the garage entrance.

Bronson showing the "end of the bus" as the motorcade approaches the Main Houston corner.

Would i be right in assuming that at least some of our photographers, would have to be standing in this crowd, in order to get a clear view of the motorcade as it rounds the corner. ?

Also the guy in the blue hat and blue jacket seen in the center of the photo, could be a contender for the hat object seen in the NIX frames.

LastScan_Bronson~0.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Bronson Crop showing Skaggs with his camera up to his face.

And what may be Altgens standing at the front of the crowd getting ready to take Altgens 4 ?

( The position of this man looks good to cover the Altgens 4 area )

Altgens contact sheet Credit: John Woods.

Altgens.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin :''Also the guy in the blue hat and blue jacket seen in the center of the photo, could be a contender for the hat object seen in the NIX frames.''

Yes, as well as a number of others...

Robin :''Also the guy in the blue hat and blue jacket seen in the center of the photo, could be a contender for the hat object seen in the NIX frames.''

Yes, as well as a number of others...

Correct John.

There are any number of blue hats to choose from.

post-667-1265235916.jpg

Logan

Cutler's May 1970 map has errors on it with regards to the locations of the photographers, spectators, and motorcade occupants. In the summer of 1981 Cutler and I sat in his Manchester, Mass. office and corrected many of the errors for a new verson of his map that he put out later in 1981. I do not recall if we made corrections for Altgens and Nix - I'd have to dig out the map. We did not have early Bronson or any of Skaggs then.