The Education Forum

Timing of the assassination

Haven't the time right now to review the entire thread, but can I ask if this is what is being put forward?

12 noon -- invitees to arrive (per invitation)

12:15 pm -- JFK to arrive (per Lawson)

12:30 pm - lunch commences (per WC and other sources)

---------------------------------------------

Can someone confirm or correct the above?

If so, does it mean the motorcade should have passed the TSBD at about 12:10 pm?

If all the above is true, it adds GREAT weight to a seemingly remarkably prescient Californian....

Greg... You might want to start at the beginnign of this thread... those questions are addressed in my first post.

CE exhibits 1362, 63, 64 are Dallas Morning News about the route and luncheon

Arrival at Love field at 11:30... Luncheon to START at 12:30.

VIP Invite says 12 noon - I believe I had confirmation of this being an actual invitation by GMack... I'd have to go check emails though.

The real question is "What does the Lone Nut Oswald know and what is his plan?"

If the even is panned to start at 12:30... as all announcements in the papers confirm...

Why is he still sitting in the lunchroom at 12:15?

Who are the people Rowland sees in the WEST window at the same time?

When does he reassemble the rifle and confirm alignment of the scope?

http://www.history-m...Vol16_0488b.htm

Mr. SPECTER - Before you go on, let me ask you at which time was this on your return to position "V"?

Mr. ROWLAND - This was 12:15.

Mr. SPECTER - All right; proceed to tell us what you saw and heard at about that time?

Mr. ROWLAND - We were discussing, as I stated, the different security precautions, I mean it was a very important person who was coming and we were aware of the policemen around everywhere, and especially in positions where they would be able to watch crowds. We talked momentarily of the incidents with Mr. Stevenson, and the one before that with Mr. Johnson, and this being in mind we were more or less security conscious. We looked and at that time I noticed on the sixth floor of the building that there was a man back from the window, not hanging out the window.

He was standing and holding a rifle, This appeared to me to be a fairly high-powered rifle because of the scope and the relative proportion of the scope to the rifle, you can tell about what type of rifle it is. You can tell it isn't a .22, you know, and we thought momentarily that maybe we should tell someone but then the thought came to us that it is a security agent.

We had seen in the movies before where they have security men up in windows and places like that with rifles to watch the crowds, and we brushed it aside as that, at that time, and thought nothing else about it until after the event happened.

Mr. SPECTER - Now, by referring to the photograph on this Commission Exhibit No. 356, will you point to the window where you observed this man?

Mr. ROWLAND - This was very odd. There were this picture was not taken immediately after that, I don't think, because there were several windows, there are pairs of windows, and there were several pairs where both windows were open fully and in each pair there was one or more persons hanging out the window.

Yet this was on the west corner of the building, the sixth floor, the first floor--second floor down from the top, the first was the arched, the larger windows, not the arch, but the larger windows, and this was the only pair of windows where both windows were completely open and no one was hanging out the windows, or next to the window.

It was this pair of windows here at that time.

Mr. SPECTER - All right.

Will you mark that pair of windows with a circle?

(Witness marking.)

Mr. SPECTER - What is your best recollection as to how far each of those windows were open?

Mr. ROWLAND - To the fullest extent that they could be opened.

Mr. SPECTER - What extent would that be?

Mr. ROWLAND - Being as I looked half frame windows, that would be halfway of the entire length of the window.

Mr. SPECTER - Is that the approximate status of those windows depicted here in Exhibit 356?

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - In which of those double windows did you see the man and rifle?

Mr. ROWLAND - It was through the window to my right.

Mr. SPECTER - Draw an arrow right into that window with the same black pencil please.

Thanks David,

Sorry, but I really am pushed time wise right now.

Can you confirm JFK's arrival time at Trade Mart was set for 12:15 and that this would mean going past the TSBD at 12:10. (I understand where you're coming from and it is important, but I'm looking at a different angle, though probably connected) . Was the 12:15 arrival time for JFK public knowledge?

Those are important questions to me, so any help appreciated.

Okay. Have managed to read through the entire thread. My main interest is if this timeline would have the motorcade passing the TSBD at 12:10. It seems, if on schedule, it would have indeed been passing at that time.

It had to be an "inside" job with up-to-date information being relayed, and not just within Dallas.

This information ups the ante considerably. Well done!

Edited by Greg Parker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The limo delay related to Lee Bowers' view of parking lot activity? Timing of three cars entering, two with same political bumper sticker?

Bowers 11/22/63:

BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Lee E. Bowers, Jr., w/m/38 of 10508 Maplegrove Lane, Dallas, Texas DA-1-1909 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

I work at North Tower Union Terminal Co. RI-8-4698 7 am to 3 pm Monday thru [sic] Friday. The tower where I work is West and a little north of the Texas Book Depository Building. I was on duty today and about 11:55 am I saw a dirty 1959 Oldsmobile Station Wagon come down the street toward my building. This street dead ends in the railroad yard. This car had out of state license plats with white background and black numbers, no letters. It also had a Goldwater for "64" sticker in the rear window. This car just drove around slowly and left the area. It was occupied by a middle aged white man partly grey hair. At about 12:15 pm another car came into the area with a white man about 25 to 35 years old driving. This car was a 1957 Ford, Black, 2 door with Texas license. This man appeared to have a mike or telephone in the car. Just a few minutes after this car left at 12:20 pm another car pulled in. This car was a 1961 Chevrolet, Impala, 4 door, am not sure that this was a 4 door, color white and dirty up to the windows. This car also had a Goldwater for "64" sticker. This car was driven by a white male about 25 to 35 years old with long blond hair. He stayed in the area longer than the others. This car also had the XXX [strikeout] same type license plates as the 1959 Oldsmobile. He left this area about 12:25 pm. About 8 or 10 minutes after he left I heard at least 3 shots very close together. Just after the shots the area became crowded with people coming from Elm Street and the slope just north of Elm.

Bowers 4/2/64:

Mr. Ball.

Close to noon, did you make any observation of the area around between your tower and Elm Street?

Mr. Bowers.

Yes; because of the fact that the area had been covered by police for some 2 hours. Since approximately 10 o'clock in the morning traffic had been cut off into the area so that anyone moving around could actually be observed. Since I had worked there for a number of years I was familiar with most of the people who came in and out of the area.

Mr. Ball.

Did you notice any cars around there?

Mr. Bowers.

Yes; there were three cars that came in during the time from around noon until the time of the shooting.

Mr. Ball.

Came in where?

Mr. Bowers.

They came into the vicinity of the tower, which was at the extension of Elm Street, which runs in front of the School Depository, 'and which there is no way out. It is not a through street to anywhere.

Mr. Ball.

There is parking area behind the School Depository, between that building and your tower?

Mr. Bowers.

Two or three railroad tracks and a small amount of parking area for the employees.

Mr. Ball.

And the first came along that you noticed about what time of day?

Mr. Bowers.

I do not recall the exact time, but I believe this was approximately 12:10, wouldn't be too far off.

Mr. Ball.

And the car you noticed, when you noticed the car, where was it?

Mr. Bowers.

The car proceeded in front of the School Depository down across 2 or 3 tracks and circled the area in front of the tower, and to the west of the tower, and, as if he was searching for a way out, or was checking the area, and then proceeded back through the only way he could, the same outlet he came into.

Mr. Ball.

The place where Elm dead ends?

Mr. Bowers.

That's right. Back in front of the School Depository was the only way he could get out. And I lost sight of him, I couldn't watch him.

Mr. Ball.

What was the description of that car?

Mr. Bowers.

The first car was a 1959 Oldsmobile, blue and white station wagon with out-of-State license.

Mr. Ball.

Do you know what State?

Mr. Bowers.

No; I do not. I would know it, I could identify it, I think, if I looked at a list.

Mr. Ball.

And, it had something else, some bumper stickers?

Mr. Bowers.

Had a bumper sticker, one of which was a Goldwater sticker, and the other of which was of some scenic location, I think.

Mr. Ball.

And, did you see another car?

Mr. Bowers.

Yes, some 15 minutes or so after this, at approximately 12 o'clock, 20 to 12--I guess 12:20 would be close to it, little time differential there--but there was another car which was a 1957 black Ford, with one male in it that seemed to have a mike or telephone or something that gave the appearance of that at least.

Mr. Ball.

How could you tell that?

Mr. Bowers.

He was holding something up to his mouth with one hand and he was driving with the other, and gave that appearance. He was very close to the tower. I could see him as he proceeded around the area.

Mr. Ball.

What kind of license did that have?

Mr. Bowers.

Had a Texas license.

Mr. Ball.

What did it do as it came into the area, from what street?

Mr. Bowers.

Came in from the extension of Elm Street in front of the School Depository.

Mr. Ball.

Did you see it leave?

Mr. Bowers.

Yes; after 3 or 4 minutes cruising around the area it departed the same way. He did probe a little further into the area than the first car.

Mr. Ball.

Did you see another car?

Mr. Bowers.

Third car, which entered the area, which was some seven or nine minutes before the shooting, I believe was a 1961 or 1962 Chevrolet, four-door Impala, white, showed signs of being on the road. It was muddy up to the windows, bore a similar out-of-state license to the first car I observed, occupied also by one white male.

Mr. Ball.

What did it do?

Mr. Bowers.

He spent a little more time in the area. He tried-he circled the area and probed one spot right at the tower in an attempt to get and was forced to back out some considerable distance, and slowly cruised down back

towards the front of the School Depository Building.

Mr. Ball.

Then did he leave?

Mr. Bowers.

The last I saw of him he was pausing just about in--just above the assassination site.

Mr. Ball.

Did the car park, or continue on or did you notice?

Mr. Bowers.

Whether it continued on at that very moment or whether it pulled up only a short distance, I couldn't tell. I was busy.

Mr. Ball.

How long was this before the President's car passed there?

Mr. Bowers.

This last car? About 8 minutes.

Edited by David Andrews

David ; here is another perhaps frame of lho outside the tsbd after film taken by cooper, found by a James Hackerott .....fwiw, some thought he might be talking to marilyn sitzman, in the kerchief...b sorry no upload button showing i will try again later...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Haven't the time right now to review the entire thread, but can I ask if this is what is being put forward?

If so, does it mean the motorcade should have passed the TSBD at about 12:10 pm?

If all the above is true, it adds GREAT weight to a seemingly remarkably prescient Californian....

Greg... You might want to start at the beginnign of this thread... those questions are addressed in my first post.

VIP Invite says 12 noon - I believe I had confirmation of this being an actual invitation by GMack... I'd have to go check emails though.

If the even is panned to start at 12:30... as all announcements in the papers confirm...

Mr. SPECTER - Before you go on, let me ask you at which time was this on your return to position "V"?

Mr. SPECTER - All right; proceed to tell us what you saw and heard at about that time?

Mr. ROWLAND - We were discussing, as I stated, the different security precautions, I mean it was a very important person who was coming and we were aware of the policemen around everywhere, and especially in positions where they would be able to watch crowds. We talked momentarily of the incidents with Mr. Stevenson, and the one before that with Mr. Johnson, and this being in mind we were more or less security conscious. We looked and at that time I noticed on the sixth floor of the building that there was a man back from the window, not hanging out the window.

He was standing and holding a rifle, This appeared to me to be a fairly high-powered rifle because of the scope and the relative proportion of the scope to the rifle, you can tell about what type of rifle it is. You can tell it isn't a .22, you know, and we thought momentarily that maybe we should tell someone but then the thought came to us that it is a security agent.

We had seen in the movies before where they have security men up in windows and places like that with rifles to watch the crowds, and we brushed it aside as that, at that time, and thought nothing else about it until after the event happened.

Mr. SPECTER - Now, by referring to the photograph on this Commission Exhibit No. 356, will you point to the window where you observed this man?

Mr. ROWLAND - This was very odd. There were this picture was not taken immediately after that, I don't think, because there were several windows, there are pairs of windows, and there were several pairs where both windows were open fully and in each pair there was one or more persons hanging out the window.

Yet this was on the west corner of the building, the sixth floor, the first floor--second floor down from the top, the first was the arched, the larger windows, not the arch, but the larger windows, and this was the only pair of windows where both windows were completely open and no one was hanging out the windows, or next to the window.

Mr. SPECTER - All right.

(Witness marking.)

Mr. SPECTER - What is your best recollection as to how far each of those windows were open?

Mr. ROWLAND - Being as I looked half frame windows, that would be halfway of the entire length of the window.

Mr. SPECTER - Is that the approximate status of those windows depicted here in Exhibit 356?

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - Draw an arrow right into that window with the same black pencil please.

Thanks David,

Can you confirm JFK's arrival time at Trade Mart was set for 12:15 and that this would mean going past the TSBD at 12:10. (I understand where you're coming from and it is important, but I'm looking at a different angle, though probably connected) . Was the 12:15 arrival time for JFK public knowledge?

Okay. Have managed to read through the entire thread. My main interest is if this timeline would have the motorcade passing the TSBD at 12:10. It seems, if on schedule, it would have indeed been passing at that time.

It had to be an "inside" job with up-to-date information being relayed, and not just within Dallas.

Thanks Greg, that means quite a lot to me coming from you.

But please don't stop with the 12:30 timing... The posts following about the finding of the rifle and Truly talking to Curry is pretty eye opening as well.

and you'll notice that DVP et al has avoided dealing with the LIST that a LN Oswald would have to run thru to even be ready to take those shots... If DVP can't put Oswald in the window at the right time and accomplish all these feats of magic... what has this world come to?

:blink:

Bernice -

Just a thought..... azre you using the Quick Reply or the Full Editor? Quick Reply does not offer attachments... Have to click on Full Editor.

Don't mean to assume anything about you Bernice... just sometime you start with the simple things... like "is it plugged in?" :D

If not, you can email me the photos and I can try to attach them....

and thanks again for your ongoing contribution here... as a lover of the photos/videos I have always been happily surprised by what you find and offer.

DJ

Bernice -

Just a thought..... azre you using the Quick Reply or the Full Editor? Quick Reply does not offer attachments... Have to click on Full Editor.

Don't mean to assume anything about you Bernice... just sometime you start with the simple things... like "is it plugged in?" :D

If not, you can email me the photos and I can try to attach them....

and thanks again for your ongoing contribution here... as a lover of the photos/videos I have always been happily surprised by what you find and offer.

DJ

HI DAVID ; YES I HAVE TRIED FULL EDITOR, AND ANY OTHER POSSIBLE WAY, I DID WONDER IF IT WAS MOI,AS THAT WOULD BE NO SURPRISE TO ME, BUT THEN I WENT AND POSTED A PHOTO AT ANOTHER FORUM, WITH NO PROBLEM, THE WHATEVER BUTTON, TO CHOOSE THE PHOTO THEN YOU UPLOAD IT, IS SIMPLY NOT SHOWING UP..I HAVE NO IDEA, WHENEVER I WILL DO THEM, I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EM AD, AND I CANNOT ATTACH THEM TO THE FORUMS EMAIL, SO NO WAY TO SEND THEM, THEY ARE NOTHING POSITIVE BUT RESEARCH DONE BY OTHERS AS A POSSIBLE. BUT WORTH YOU HAVING A LOOK I FELT, THANKS MUCH FOR THE REPLY, TAKE CARE, ECUSE THE CAPS, THANKS...BB)

• 4 years later...

Mr. SPECTER - All right.

(Witness marking.)

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.

Thanks David,

Bumped:

Interesting to know how LHO would have known the Time to be in a position to shoot at JFK.Without prior information how would he know JFK would pass the TSBD at 12.30.

Mr. SPECTER - All right.

(Witness marking.)

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.

Thanks David,

Bumped:

Interesting to know how LHO would have known the Time to be in a position to shoot at JFK.Without prior information how would he know JFK would pass the TSBD at 12.30.

I should start by saying that as it turns out, the timeline here is indeed, all wrong.

LHO had no idea JFK was going to be shot. But there were radio broadcasts at certain times giving location. Time off arrival could be fairly accurately estimated from that. There was someone in a n office of one of the book companies on the phone, if I recall correctly? And Mrs. Reid's husband had called her to say it was running 10 minutes late - info obtained, she said, from the radio.

Hi Greg,I am not disputing that LHO did not shoot at JFK.But seeing as the MSM insists that LHO shot JFK,if he did not have access to radio broadcasts,or have said info relayed to him,it would still be hard to get him into position at the correct time.He was supposed to be working alone,no spotters etc.Thanks for the input by the way.

It is possible that Jerry B Belknap had an effect on the Elm Street timing of the Presidential motorcade. It is possible that Jerry's actions were a staged performance designed to create a roadblock, forcing the motorcade to take an alternative route. It is possible that Jerry B Belknap was part of a group attempting to prevent the assassination. It is possible that Oswald was also a part of this group.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

It is possible that Jerry B Belknap had an effect on the Elm Street timing of the Presidential motorcade. It is possible that Jerry's actions were a staged performance designed to create a roadblock, forcing the motorcade to take an alternative route. It is possible that Jerry B Belknap was part of a group attempting to prevent the assassination. It is possible that Oswald was also a part of this group.

Tom

It has been posited that the Belknap incident occurred ahead of schedule, timed wrongly to coincide with the motorcade's expected entrance into Dealey, which was delayed. Yours is an interesting take - most commenters believe Belknap was intended to distract police or draw attention away from shooters.

Either way - why did he go into his act when there was no motorcade to be seen? One possibility is that he was not radio equipped, given that he was intended to take an ambulance ride.

Edited by David Andrews